Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 6 OEM for $4.5??

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 6 OEM for $4.5??

Postby UALOneKPlus on Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:29 am

see for info about OEM license.

See this link for info.

Some say you get what you pay for. Is this the case here? Seems too cheap...

Edited: warning - read resellerratings about this retailer - 50/50 chance of getting ripped??

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller6451.html
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:38 am

I think it was Mr. Campbell that basically said these are rips that came with drives and that you are just as good off by upgrading demos every month, or getting a pirated cd key.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Hey... Check this out!

Postby vixius on Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:49 pm

I have ordered the Nero 6 OEM version online for $4.50. It is actually Nero version 6.0.0.15. You can find this info in the inner ring of the cd. Now, once I installed it with the cd-key that came stamped on the envelope, I noticed I could ONLY use Nero Express. I was speechless... I was sad because I could only use the Nero "retard easy-to-use" Express part of the program. How was I suppoused to work on my new MP4 music rip collection? Yes, the [Save Track] function is only accessible through Nero Burning ROM interface, not Nero Express. And then it ocurred me! The cd-key was the problem. You can turn the OEM version into ULTRA just by changing the cd-key! That's right! No need to pay $99.95 for the ultra version when you can unlock Nero with a cd-key! Now that's what "you get more than what you paid for" means. :wink:
vixius
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:10 pm

And where did you get the key for the Ultra version? From your quotation and your wink, I suspect that you are hinting you got it illegally. I hope not. We don't promote or condone that kind of behavior here. But if you did, you aren't quite as clever as you thought. You didn't need to pay the $4.50 for the CD, because any valid key will convert the demo version you can freely download from Ahead's site to a fully licensed, permanent copy of Nero.

By the way, I believe that the OEM version should only be sold with the piece of equipment for which it was licensed, but I could be wrong. Craig Campbell would know for sure.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:16 pm

cfitz wrote:And where did you get the key for the Ultra version? From your quotation and your wink, I suspect that you are hinting you got it illegally. I hope not. We don't promote or condone that kind of behavior here.

What other way could he get a CD Key for the Ultra Version without paying for it?

cfitz wrote:But if you did, you aren't quite as clever as you thought. You didn't need to pay the $4.50 for the CD, because any valid key will convert the demo version you can freely download from Ahead's site to a fully licensed, permanent copy of Nero.

:lol:
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CCampbell on Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:15 pm

cfitz wrote:
By the way, I believe that the OEM version should only be sold with the piece of equipment for which it was licensed, but I could be wrong. Craig Campbell would know for sure.

cfitz

You are correct cfitz. In the U.S, it's illegal to sell OEM bundled software without the hardware. However, this is not the case in most if not all European countries.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby integspec on Thu Dec 04, 2003 1:17 am

You guys are right. If it's an OEM version, it will only allow to use the recorder type it was bundled with. So if you buy Nero with a Liteon, it will not work with a Plextor or vice versa. But lately Ahead seem to have changed this system.

Also it's true that selling bundled software out of the bundle is illeagal.
Stone walls do not a prison make,
Nor iron bars a cage;
Minds innocent and quiet take
That for an hermitage;
If I have freedom in my love,
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such liberty. - Richard Lovelace
integspec
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)