Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Recode Audio Sync Problem

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Recode Audio Sync Problem

Postby bdey01 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:14 pm

I have seen that there have been many different posts on different sites covering something related to this problem, but nothing I have read talks about my type of problem or a potential solution. I am trying to create a personal movie "jukebox" by encoding all my ripped DVD's with Recode to the Nero Digital AVC codec and keep them on my harddrive which is wired to my TV so I can pull up any movie (I have about 450) whenever I want without messing around with putting in a DVD, and I could get rid of the huge stack of DVDs I have.

I am ripping using DVDFab Platinum, and then with the latest version of Recode 2 from Nero 7, version 7.9.6.0, encoding the movie files. After encoding is done, I check the .mp4 file using Showtime. On it seems just about all movies I try, Batman Begins, Robocop 2, Ghostbusters, The Fly, Gladiator, to name a few, I have noticed that sometime during playback, the audio starts to not quite sync with the actors lips. The audio is coming a split second, maybe about 0.5 seconds, in front of the video (it could be less, but no more than that) and it just looks off and something is not right about it.

When I play the ripped .vobs directly using Showtime, everything is ok and there are no problems with the audio and video syncing. Most other posts talk of multiple second delays with their sync problems, nothing like my very small error. I can watch the movies encoded like this, but sometime during the playback this problem appears, and everything after that just bothers the hell out of me. It looks a little like the movies were dubbed in post production using the actors real voices and it just doesn't look right Please help me fix this.

I am encoding using 2-pass, I do it overnight with minimal background programs running, have a P4 3.2ghz with 2gb ram.

Thanks,
bdey01
bdey01
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:14 pm

Hi Bdey01,

Do you have any other ripper you can use to extract one of these DVD-Videos, and see if you obtain different results with our Nero Recode when encoding and playing back?

Just wanting to see if our software is having trouble with the software that is creating these VOB files. Though I've not had this issue in my testing with that software.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)