Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 7.2.0.3 released

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 7.2.0.3 released

Postby vio_man on Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:26 pm

Nero 7.2.0.3 has been released.

http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-demo.php

No changelog yet.
vio_man
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:53 pm

i'll wait to see how the new version is and how the bugs are doing.
i'm sticking to my 6.6.1.4 in the meantime.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TCAS on Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:35 am

I wonder if the problem with activation of Labelflash or LightScribe or both have been resolved with this version of Nero7.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Nero Latest update.

Postby tony_bedford on Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:28 pm

Do NOT install this update automatically!I went through the automatic update process the 43 meg download tok around one hour, went through the install process and then at the end it said a cabinet was missing did a rollback and totally removed the previous version of Nero7version 7.0.8.2
I am now left with no Nero 7 software. Do I try to download a full version of 7.2.0.3?
Can someone please advise?

What a shambles!

Tony Bedford
tony_bedford
Buffer Underrun

Re: Nero Latest update.

Postby TCAS on Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:54 pm

tony_bedford wrote:Do NOT install this update automatically!I went through the automatic update process the 43 meg download tok around one hour, went through the install process and then at the end it said a cabinet was missing did a rollback and totally removed the previous version of Nero7version 7.0.8.2
I am now left with no Nero 7 software. Do I try to download a full version of 7.2.0.3?

What a shambles!

Tony Bedford

You just posted the same thing at another post right here:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21607

Please respect the forum rules and avoid cross posting.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby tazdevl on Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:52 am

TCAS wrote:
tony_bedford wrote:Do NOT install this update automatically!I went through the automatic update process the 43 meg download tok around one hour, went through the install process and then at the end it said a cabinet was missing did a rollback and totally removed the previous version of Nero7version 7.0.8.2

What a shambles!

Tony Bedford

You just posted the same thing at another post right here:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=21607

Please respect the forum rules and avoid cross posting.

I wouldn't exactly say this is cross posting. He's just providing info in more than one thread. Nothing wrong with it if it is relevant. Better idea to just merge the threads which will avoid these situations.
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:09 pm

i don't think merging threads can be done in phpBB (at least i don't know how to do it. and tried to find out once about it...)
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Publius on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:15 am

What a shambles!

Tony Bedford

I'm having a somewhat similar problem. I downloaded the full version and then I got a message indicating that the installer was incompatible with the existing version on my computer. I uninstalled the older version using add/remove programs, but now each time I try to install 7.2.0.3 I get caught in a never-ending "all Nero products except NeroNet and SIPPS must be uninstalled" reboot message. I now have no Nero 7 software on the computer.

If I try to reinstall an older version of Nero it keeps telling me that it detects version 7.8.0.2 on my machine, but 7.8.0.2 is no longer there either.
Publius
Buffer Underrun

Postby MediumRare on Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:37 am

Ave Caius(?) Publius and welcome to CDRLabs!

Have you used the Nero cleanup tool prior to installing the new version? It gets rid of various remnants in the registry nad other places and normally hleps with problems like yours. Download it from Nero's website: http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Nero_7_Clean_Tool.html

G
MediumRare
CD-RW Translator

Postby Publius on Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:00 pm

MediumRare wrote:Ave Caius(?) Publius and welcome to CDRLabs!

Have you used the Nero cleanup tool prior to installing the new version? It gets rid of various remnants in the registry nad other places and normally hleps with problems like yours. Download it from Nero's website: http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Nero_7_Clean_Tool.html

G

Bingo! Thanks for the help.
Publius
Buffer Underrun

Postby tony_bedford on Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:00 pm

I had problems with the nero cleantool which resulted in losing my Operating system!
I had to install a backup and then used the standard uninstall process followed by deleting the Nero and Ahead folders in XP programs. I use Registry first Aid and used this to remove all references to Nero.. The Nero cleantool can be too aggressive in some circumstances. then I removed the serial number in the registry.
I then installed Nero 7.2.3.0b software no problems.
it is very strange that there can be so many different problems with Nero 7
tony_bedford
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon May 01, 2006 4:49 pm

My initial testing of our Nero ProductSetup on 3 different systems running Windows XP SP2 have shown that the Update feature is working.

I'll have to run more tests on 'Dirty' systems to see if I can duplicate the issues reported here.

I had all our Tech's in the U.S office update their systems using the Nero ProductSetup feature, and they have not encountered any problems either.

In fact, while I'm creating this response, I'm doing an update on my DeskTop and it's at stage 5. Downloading Files and reports that it's downloaded 4.69MB of 55.78MB and estimates a time of 6 minutes before completion.

I'll keep looking into this.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)