Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Showtime

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

new nero

Postby dvdevil on Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:16 am

Agian no multichannel in the new showtime wish i never spend 70 euro's for nero reloaded....
TJ
dvdevil
CD-RW Thug

Postby CCampbell on Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:50 pm

Nero ShowTime does not officially support Multiple Monitors, but we are looking to possibly add it in a future version.

The issue with Multi-Channel we had thought we resolved, but then found additional issues so we were not able to provide a complete fix in this last release. And we could not hold up the release of the new Webupdates any longer.

We are very close to resolving it though.

I would recommend using the Nero Clean Tool to uninstall our software, and then reinstall. We find installing over a previous version caused the problem to remain, but a fresh install did resolve the issue with the Multi-Channel issue. I have not tested, but I'm sure this semi-fix was included in this last build.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Aqualung on Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:19 pm

CCampbell wrote:Nero ShowTime does not officially support Multiple Monitors, but we are looking to possibly add it in a future version.
Yep, thought so: Showtime is a program for the average Joe (95% of the PC user population), not for dudes with fancy computer setups (dual monitors, dual processors etc.), but that's pretty understandable... On the other hand, most of the video cards I know, starting 2000 onwards (...and that's a looong time in terms of computer HW evolution), are dual heads, so having a program which is not dual-head compatible now, after almost 5 years since dual heads became mainstream is a bit weird IMHO.
Aqualung
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:51 pm

Hi Agualung,

I see where your coming from, and I would normally agree.

But at the same time, our Nero ShowTime is not a product sold by itself such as PowerDVD and other DVD Player software. We are not competeing with them in the market, and so you should expect that they have features for the power user to encourage them to purchase the software, that we do not have. Imagine what we could do if we were trying to compete with them. :D

When Nero ShowTime was first released, it was added to the Nero Bundle at no extra cost, and continues to be so. We do continue to add features to the product, but we have absolutely no intention of selling it as a Retail product on it's own, so there are no extra funds coming in to help push its development. We do have some OEMs who do not want Nero ShowTime in their bundle, and we remove it at their request, but it does not bring down the cost of the bundle any just s including it does not raise the cost.

Don't get me wrong, we enjoy being compared to the Retail DVD Player software programs, as all considered we offer a powerful solution for an item that is offered free with our bundle. :)

And we will continue to add features to the product in the future. Though maybe not at the pace of a DVD Player Software that is sold in Retail.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Aqualung on Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:30 pm

CCampbell wrote:Hi Agualung, (...) our Nero ShowTime is not a product sold by itself such as PowerDVD and other DVD Player software. We are not competeing with them in the market, and so you should expect that they have features for the power user to encourage them to purchase the software, that we do not have. Imagine what we could do if we were trying to compete with them.
Okay, point taken. You may, however, want to stress that more conspicuously on the ShowTime website or somewhere--just so you don't get assaulted by armies of disgruntled geeks for not holding up to your end of the bargain... :wink:
Aqualung
Buffer Underrun

Previous

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)