Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero SmartStart Restore Problem

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero SmartStart Restore Problem

Postby Drjh on Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:02 pm

:cry: I have a Major crisis at my office. A few days ago I was deleting programs using XP's add/remove, when I restarted the machine and a key registry for XP was missing. Had to reinstall XP with reformatting, so all data was lost. I thought a was good because we back every night. Reinstalled all programs and wnet to restore data using Nero backitup, but not working. I am somewhat knowledgable about computer, but I don't know how to get the data back.

I have been doing incremental backups using the backup wizard. I can see the data on the disc, but when using the restore wizard I get to a text box that ask to insert the source disc with the following volume label in the selected drive: It gives me two option drive, when I choose the one that the disc is in nothing happen same text box.

After that long winded explaination, is there a why to manual restore or uncompress the data on the disc. [-o<

any help will make my year, since all of our patient's finanical infomation is on that disc.
Drjh
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:54 pm

Hi Drjh,

You can use WinZip to uncompress the data and restore. Just open WinZip and drag and drop the files into it and you can extract them that way.

If you wish to try again with Nero BackItUp, look at the disc's in question and there should be an NB file stored on them. Open this file to makes sure its the correct disc the Nero BackItUp program is looking for, then try the restore.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)