Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 12 Suite Is Out - Are you upgrading?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 12 Suite Is Out - Are you upgrading?

Postby Ian on Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Nero quietly released the Nero 12 suite yesterday. Aside from Windows 8 support, the new features seem to be AVCHD and FLAC (finally!) support, video streaming and Blu-ray ripping and 3D playback in the Platinum version.

http://www.cdrlabs.com/News/nero-unveil ... aming.html

Nero, the leading multimedia software developer, has announced the latest addition to its flagship media suite range. Nero 12 allows video, photo and audio enthusiasts to enjoy multimedia content in their preferred formats on PCs and mobile devices. The new software is now on sale and is compatible with all Windows 8 devices.

Nero 12 has a variety of features, targeting users with different levels of skill and creativity. The new product gives beginners a simple platform to manage, edit, create and share their own multimedia content on any device. Furthermore, more advanced video editing and creation with Blu-ray and playback options will also appeal to more advanced users.

You can buy Nero Burning Rom 12 on its own but honestly, who's going to pay $20 for the upgrade just to get DiscSpan SmartFit (wtf is this?) and the ability to create auto-starting discs?
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: Nero 12 Suite Is Out - Are you upgrading?

Postby SithTracy on Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 pm

I have not burned a disc in a long long time and I doubt that will change. Ripping sounds interesting, but I already have AnyDVD HD and MakeMKV... and with some Handbrake you have a manageable file. I just think it is too much money for what it is and there are many free alternatives.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Re: Nero 12 Suite Is Out - Are you upgrading?

Postby Dartman on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:18 pm

I might upgrade seeing how I got the special deal thanks to Ian but I'll have to see how my finances go with the new place and work before I start buying don't need but want type stuff again.
I also hardly burn disks anymore with the two networked media players I now use but still need to make the ocasional disk for familly and friends.
I have so many disks laying around from when if I wanted to watch or listen to something it needed to be on a playable disk format for me.
I still like their layout and all in one solution but yes there are a lot of very good free programs that can do certain things well.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)