Home News Reviews Forums Shop


New Pioneer DVR 110 with DVD-RAM-Support

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Postby rdsatkaycee on Sat May 28, 2005 7:35 am

"Something of a problem you have with your attitude there. It's amazing Ian gets to help out at all these days with all that drool messing up his keyboard."

I think your attitude problem is misdirected by yourself, the moderator and another. He apparently has had a lot of time on his hands to make 10,000 posts. My point is its pretty snobbish and rude to redirect someone when that someone has already said they have tried, to no avail and need a little more help.

95% of these posts are back and forth trivial bantering and some of you choose to put on some type of geeky attitude to newcomers by directing them to a search. That's snobbish and rude. Come down off your p-cav and z-cav pedestals and try helping people out when they have said they have looked and cannot find answers and are coming to you for further help.
rdsatkaycee
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 24, 2005 12:49 pm

Postby dodecahedron on Sat May 28, 2005 8:20 am

my my, we haven't had such a rude newcomer to these forums in quite a while!

you come here asking for help. the very least you can do is say thank you when you've been given it.

you are quite eloquent. i'm sure your reading skills are just as good as your writing skills.
you've been given a link to a page that contains the features of the LG drive. the first post on the topic linked to a pages with the Pioneers features. it takes a little time, yes, but not too much, to read both pages carefully, compare them and find the differing characteristics.

rdsatkaycee wrote:Were all of your 10,000 posts referring people to other locations? I had said I was having problems comparing the two together.

you never said you had trouble comparing the info in the links given. for all we know you didn't know of those links.

rdsatkaycee wrote:Sigh That helps. Sigh, sorry it was "SUCH A HARDSHIP" for you to help someone out.

again, you are rude and ungrateful. it took Ian no more effort to do that work than it would have taken you had you bothered to do it properly and thoroughly.

rdsatkaycee wrote:Were all of your 10,000 posts referring people to other locations?

rdsatkaycee wrote:I think your attitude problem is misdirected by yourself, the moderator and another. He apparently has had a lot of time on his hands to make 10,000 posts. My point is its pretty snobbish and rude to redirect someone when that someone has already said they have tried, to no avail and need a little more help.

no, he does not have a lot of time on his hands (and he took from what little time he has to help you). actually he has very little. and those 10,000 posts, many of which were for helping others, were accumulated over a long time.
and no, all of Ian's 10,000 posts are not refferals to other links.

rdsatkaycee wrote:95% of these posts are back and forth trivial bantering and some of you choose to put on some type of geeky attitude to newcomers by directing them to a search. That's snobbish and rude. Come down off your p-cav and z-cav pedestals and try helping people out when they have said they have looked and cannot find answers and are coming to you for further help.

no, 95% of these posts are not trivial bantering. when you've read a decent percentage of the posts then you can come and make such claims. i very much doubt you've read 1% of Ian's posts.
as for redirecting to a search, well, that's common practice on bulletin boards. however selfish people like yourself don't value others' time. they want to be given the answers to their questions immediately with no effort of their own - why should they if others will do it for them?

if you think Ian's attitude towards you was snobbish and rude, i can only say that i think your judgement is very poor.
but my personal opinion is that your are rude, selfish, ungrateful, belligerent.
one thing for sure, you'll be getting no help from me in the future.

PS i wanted to resppond before, but restrained myself. but now it's too much.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
User avatar
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 am
Location: Israel

Postby Ian on Sat May 28, 2005 9:30 am

Thank you dodecahedron. That's a much nicer reply than I was going to give him.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby Scour on Sat May 28, 2005 2:01 pm

rdsatkaycee wrote:"Something of a problem you have with your attitude there. It's amazing Ian gets to help out at all these days with all that drool messing up his keyboard."

I think your attitude problem is misdirected by yourself, the moderator and another. He apparently has had a lot of time on his hands to make 10,000 posts. My point is its pretty snobbish and rude to redirect someone when that someone has already said they have tried, to no avail and need a little more help.

95% of these posts are back and forth trivial bantering and some of you choose to put on some type of geeky attitude to newcomers by directing them to a search. That's snobbish and rude. Come down off your p-cav and z-cav pedestals and try helping people out when they have said they have looked and cannot find answers and are coming to you for further help.


Why should Ian write a long thread when the technical specs say all? I´m not a real expert for all hardware-questions but I only need a little little time to answer the questions when I look on the spec´s-pages.

I don´t think with your small acknowledge you can say what is a trivial answer from Ian, because you don´t know that [-X

In the past Ian helped me and a lot of the useers here with his acknowledge :D

And so you better Fit on what you say, because you don´t make the people like you, no matter here or in other forum´s
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1909
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby ETP on Sat May 28, 2005 5:07 pm


BQ 1640 BSOB
NEC 4550 1.6T
Plextor 716a 1.09
Pioneer 109/A09 158
Pioneer 110/A10 1.39
Liteon 5005
Sony 875P & 333ES
Liteon 5005
HK7200
Hitachi 61SDX
Two Dell 8400s & 9100 with SATA HDs
User avatar
ETP
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: NW FL Panhandle/LA=Lower Ala

Postby dodecahedron on Sat May 28, 2005 5:25 pm

ETP wrote:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827129161

$47 freaking dollars! Damn!

probably trying to clear stocks for the upcoming 110/A10.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
User avatar
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 am
Location: Israel

Postby Scour on Sat May 28, 2005 6:50 pm

ETP wrote:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827129161

$47 freaking dollars! Damn!


Bäh, here in Germany the best price is 53,50 €, that´s 67,26 $

47$ = 37,09 €
Benq DW 1640, LG GH-20N, Pioneer BDR-208
Crucial M4, Sandisk SSD, Plextor M5S, Sandisk Ultra Plus, OCZ Petrol 256GB

cu
Scour
Scour
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1909
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Germany

Postby jase on Sat May 28, 2005 8:34 pm

About £28+sales tax here, or $51, and that's considered a bargain.
jase
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 965
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby ETP on Sun May 29, 2005 6:20 am

We need to get a care package together for you Guys! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Have a nice memorial day guys. This is a big beach and shop day for us. I just try to foget the freaking wars for a min.

BQ 1640 BSOB
NEC 4550 1.6T
Plextor 716a 1.09
Pioneer 109/A09 158
Pioneer 110/A10 1.39
Liteon 5005
Sony 875P & 333ES
Liteon 5005
HK7200
Hitachi 61SDX
Two Dell 8400s & 9100 with SATA HDs
User avatar
ETP
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: NW FL Panhandle/LA=Lower Ala

Postby tazdevl on Sun May 29, 2005 1:22 pm

Ian wrote:Thank you dodecahedron. That's a much nicer reply than I was going to give him.


I'll say it... he's an ungrateful a$$hat and a n00b ch33z to boot.

See Ian, others can help you out as well. :D

So any more scoop on the 110?
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
User avatar
tazdevl
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 11:03 pm

Postby ETP on Sun May 29, 2005 3:40 pm

No! But for $47 I decided to get a 109 for my stable. My extra is going to my son.

BQ 1640 BSOB
NEC 4550 1.6T
Plextor 716a 1.09
Pioneer 109/A09 158
Pioneer 110/A10 1.39
Liteon 5005
Sony 875P & 333ES
Liteon 5005
HK7200
Hitachi 61SDX
Two Dell 8400s & 9100 with SATA HDs
User avatar
ETP
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: NW FL Panhandle/LA=Lower Ala

Previous

Return to DVD Writers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.