Home News Reviews Forums Shop

New Star Trek Trailer Online

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

New Star Trek Trailer Online

Postby Ian on Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:36 pm

The second trailer for the new Star Trek movie is online. We finally get to see something other than the Enterprise being built.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrek/

Young Spock is dead on. Kirk looks like a douche.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: New Star Trek Trailer Online

Postby Morpheus on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:03 pm

I wasn't too crazy about the first trailer. I then saw a few pictures and now the second trailer. I just don't like what I see. I don't believe they ever mentioned/had starships built on a planet's surface before, they have always been built in space (in drydocks), so showing the Enterprise built on Earth in both trailers is just plain wrong. Second, is the characters - they're age and how they met. It strongly looks that Spock and Kirk didn't meet until Kirk became the Captain of the Enterrprise, where they meet the other Characters for the first time as well (Uhura, Sulu, and Scotty). Chekov wasn't in the first season, he was in seasons 2 and 3 AND much younger then the other characters. They did established that Kirk and McCoy knew each other for a number of years before the Enterprise. There were 3 characters that Kirk knew and went to the academy together, Gary Mitchell, Ben Finney and Finnegan. This movie is nothing more than a "reboot" since they are throwing established continuity out they window (just like they did with Star Trek: Enterprise - which is one of the 3 reasons is sucked). I really hate what they are doing - starting with Star Trek: Enterprise and now this - they're really screwing things up and going in the wrong direction. I don't know how well this movie is going to do.
Morpheus
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:29 pm

A decent reboot is something that the Trek universe needs. They haven't had a hit in some time.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby SithTracy on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:11 pm

I'm not a Trek'ie, but I did enjoy the original as a kid and like Generations too. I gotta admit, I am interested.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:22 pm

I wasn't old enough to really enjoy the original series, but I was a big fan of Generations and DS9 when I was in high school and college. I tried, but I never could get into Voyager or Enterprise.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Sat May 09, 2009 4:57 pm

Anyone else go and see the movie? I really enjoyed it. I'm glad they went with an alternative timeline instead of messing with the current Trek universe... even though they are kinda tied together.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby SithTracy on Sun May 10, 2009 7:57 am

Bad weekend to release it, at least in my opinion... Mothers Day weekend?!!? My wife hates Star Trek... no way I was going to see it this weekend. We gotta spend time with her mom, her grandma (My Mom is 800 miles away, but I gotta find a way to make time for her)... They should have held out and released it on Father's Day weekend so I could get to do what I want! #-o
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby scottlpool2003 on Wed May 13, 2009 8:21 am

Thanks for sharing the link. This new Star Trek movie is absolutely awesome! I personally think it's the best one yet.
I like to put spam links in my signature.
scottlpool2003
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Wed May 13, 2009 11:44 am

scottlpool2003 wrote:Thanks for sharing the link. This new Star Trek movie is absolutely awesome! I personally think it's the best one yet.

I think you're a lame ass spammer. Beat it.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Wesociety on Wed May 20, 2009 2:17 pm

Loved the flick! Check this out if you've already seen it. http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1910892
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden