Home News Reviews Forums Shop

New version when?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

New version when?

Postby acidsex on Thu May 10, 2007 4:08 pm

Seriously, the one thing I used to love when it was Ahead was the monthly update. That way when some coder fixed something and ended up breaking something else, I didn't have to wait long for it to be addressed. Ever since they changed over to Nero, updates have been sporadic as hell.

In the last version, I can no longer set the bit rate for wma encodings. Yeah great you fixed other crap but you keep breaking new crap and then listing it as a fix the following updates. I can no longer select a custom resolution when exporting from Vision either.

I seriously suggest getting back to the monthly bug fix because I'm done being pissed off. If this keeps up, you an forget trying to shove Nero 8 down my throat this summer and I guarantee I am not the only one that feels this way.
acidsex
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Thu May 10, 2007 4:34 pm

Good question. They were supposed to released a new version last month with new SecurDisc functionality.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CCampbell on Fri May 11, 2007 5:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the long absence, it's getting harder for me to participate in these forums. I may have to pass the torch to our new OEM Tech Support Manager soon if this keeps up. :(

Hi Ian,

The current version of Nero 7.8.5.0 posted on our website has the new SecurDisc feature. This feature can only be found within Nero Express, and only if you have a SecurDisc drive connected to the system.

We are late for our latest release, two weeks late to be exact. Everytime we get close to posting the release, someone in QA finds a bug that is considered a 'showstopper'. #-o

We are now hoping to post the new version this Monday. Keeping my fingers crossed that no other bugs are found at the last minute.

Hi Acidsex,

I'll check with our team in Germany to see why we no longer have the option to change the WMA bit rate settings. A few builds back, we had also lost this feature for MP3, but that has since been resolved. I can't promise it will be resolved in this next web release, unless they are already aware of it and have already fixed this limitation.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri May 11, 2007 10:27 pm

CCampbell wrote:The current version of Nero 7.8.5.0 posted on our website has the new SecurDisc feature. This feature can only be found within Nero Express, and only if you have a SecurDisc drive connected to the system.

Craig, does this one support the PDF copy protection?
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CCampbell on Sat May 12, 2007 2:18 pm

Hi Ian,

Not sure off hand. I'll check and get back to you on that. I'll have a response by Tuesday at the latest.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby acidsex on Tue May 15, 2007 7:11 pm

good call on that Monday release.
acidsex
Buffer Underrun

Postby SithTracy on Tue May 15, 2007 8:14 pm

acidsex wrote:good call on that Monday release.
I'd rather them take their time and get it right, something I don't think they have done with the 7.x releases. While the 7.x works fine on my AMD64x2 nForce4 rig, I have nothing but problems with it on my (now primary) Intel C2D P965 rig (I suspect it does not play well with AHCI, a friend of mine has the same problem with his P965 based rig).

I will probably buy Nero 8 this summer, but if it fails me, I am done with Nero. IMO they never got v7.x up to the standards I expected out of them.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby acidsex on Mon May 21, 2007 1:38 pm

wow, look at that, a week after the suggested Monday release, we still have no release and no fixes for crap thats been broken since March 20th. Seriously, WTF is up at Nero? When you all were Ahead, you put out monthly releases with no problem at all. Anymore, its like we get fixes every other month along with new crap you break.

I have tried to bite my tongue a lot. I cant any longer. Nero is a complete joke. From the developers right down to the tech support. The last company that I saw that had its head so far up its ass was Adobe and even they have started to right the ship a bit. nero just seems to want to shove its head up even further.

Just because you have market share doesnt mean you get to treat your customers like shit with canned email responses and poorly designed/coded software.
acidsex
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Mon May 21, 2007 4:29 pm

Hi Ian,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your qury about PDF Copy protection being supported in SecurDisc. I do know that the next WEB Release will have additional features incorporated in SecurDisc, but I do not yet have the list of new features. The Eng. responsible for this featur is out on Vacation, but has returned. I'm sure once he has cleared up his backlog of Emails, I'll get a response.

I also received correspondence today that indicates our next WEB release will be posted sometime between tonight and this Friday. It has passed our QA with only a few known issues that were not deemed critical enough to hold up the release. They are....

Encode audio-files to mp3PRO - 30times trial doesn't work

Nero CoverDesinger crashes during attempt to create the new document but only in special cases

[MCE PlugIns] Videostreaming: MCE hangs some of the time

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Tue May 22, 2007 2:05 pm

Hi Ian,

I never did get a response from the Engineer. :-(

But as you can see from the release notes for Nero 7.9.6.0, we do now support the Copy protection of PDF documents in SecurDisc

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue May 22, 2007 2:08 pm

Thanks Craig. I'm going to give it a try.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)