Home News Reviews Forums Shop


NEWS ALERT: President Reagan Has Died

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Postby XXXXX on Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:09 am

OK, I'm done for the day. Good discussions. I'm glad I had this opportunity again tonight to educate you all to following the "true path."

LOL! Did you read the Namaste Link?
Kerry is the most liberal US Senator in Washington, who has more of a sourpuss disposition than Lieberman.

He sucks the way he flips and then flops...which is why he will be defeated!

Where do they get these guys?
User avatar
XXXXX
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:03 am

Postby leg4li2ed0pe on Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:13 am

There are ample resources that have actually reported the independant polls of network media staff.


I will not dispute that individules in the media tend to be liberal but that isn't what matters. They are filtered by corperate interests. Here's an example. Lets say CBS was going to air a documentery about the cigarette industrie's systematic targetting of young people in their ads (lets not get into the validity of this, thats not the point). Now lets say philip morris had several kraft ads running on CBS at the time. They would simply threaten to pull their ads and the ducumenery would go away. Things like this happen all the time.

Well I'm not willing to open up the idiots of society to start popping acid as they drive down highway 59 with my family in the back seat. It's bad enough with alcohol.


I certainly didn't mean to suggest that driving while on acid, or trippin while on a trip, as the case may be, should be legal.

I can hear all the legal defenses in murder cases already. It was the drugs....and you made them legal...how can it be my clients fault that he killed a family of 6?


Well any judge with half a brain would reject this defense. Besides that people on halucenagens don't tend to want to kill people. They want quite the opposite. More death is caused now by crime related to people trying to have enough money to by smack or crack.
User avatar
leg4li2ed0pe
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:29 pm

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:24 am

XXXXX wrote:I completely disagree again. For the 5th time (Please try to read it this time)....Bush is entitled to running his "playful" negative ads because the mainstream media is so liberal and dedicated to getting him out of office. As such, he has to strike back with ads, and strike in a way that gives him the most bang for the buck. I would not say this if the press was not liberal.


Again, I say, what liberal media? To you, liberal appears to mean anyone that questions or disagrees with the President. NEWS ALERT: Most people have questioned or disagreed with every President at one point or another. Also, I wouldn't call them "playful" negative ad's, they are pure attack ad's, but, hey, it's not just Kerry he's attacking. He attacked John McCain in the 2000 primaries, one attack was calls made to Southern States and they said "Remember, when you go and vote, John McCain has a black baby." In other attacks, they were questioning John McCain's ability to lead the country, after being a POW in Vietnam.

XXXXX wrote:Neither of us know for sure why the Fox ratings are so high, but my suggestion is that people are sick and tired of getting censored news. It is not perfect, and leans towards conservative (which is fine, since it's the only one doing it)...but it does make a sincere attempt to be "fair and balanced" on many occasions. They have Juan Williams (Mr. Liberal PBS), for balance on a panel. Alan Combs to balance Hannity, etc. None of that happens on CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, MSNBC.


Well, I can't tell you about fair & balanced on CBS, NBC, or ABC, as I never watch them. FOX news is hardly at all balanced. For CNN, you have James Carville & Paul Begala for the left, and Bob Novak & Tucker Carlson for the right on crossfire. I've watched it once or twice, and it doesn't get more balanced then that. FOX News, FOX News... hardly balanced, hardly even made an attempt to be fair and balanced, FOX News is about as balanced as, oh, ABC, which isn't very balanced either. Again, I only watch CNN because they are balanced, and they present the news, not analyzed propoganda from either side.

XXXXX wrote:No, they actually have already defined him...beyond trying.....in part because they make fun of things like his flip-flopping that he has so aptly and repeatedly demonstrated....so they hit home.


If you look at it, Bush's attacks have not been sucesful at all, neither have Kerry's fewer attacks been sucesful. There's an old saying that goes like this "Every time you attack your opponent by mentioning thier name, your just giving them free advertising" with that being said.
I Thank You, George W. Bush, for all the free advertising

They want to get the idea of Flipper the Dolphin, this flip-flopping thing in people's heads, but it's not working. It's funny though, because I've been calling George Bush the "morph-master" for quite a while now, before he started calling Kerry a "flip-flopper" and before some dfl'ers were calling Bush the "flip-flopper in chief"
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby leg4li2ed0pe on Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:27 am

Unlike you, I prefer to get my information directly from the horse's mouths. Once it goes into someone's personal agenda, you will then only get their analysis of it. Chomsky is an avowed fringe personality, so I could not expect any of his comments to be the least be objective, or to represent in this case what the actual Al Queda foundations say.


A few points. You TOLD me to look at analysis. I was just pointing some analysis out to you that I have looked at and that I think YOU should look at. Its not like listening to him I take every word of what he says as fact. I listen to it critically just like all sources. You yourself said that you were glad people like Rush point out that kerry is liberal. But from what you just stated above shouldn't people only be reading direct quotes from Kerry and not what others say about him? You can't have it both ways. All I suggest though is that you just listen to that talk chomsky gave. Think critically and don't just take everything he says as fact (I know you wouldn't). But really listen and see if maybe YOU could be wrong about something.

I'm glad I had this opportunity again tonight to educate you all to following the "true path."


I have tried to have some intelectual humility in this discussion. We can't both be right but we sure as hell both think we are. Maybe we should listen to each other and see what the other has to say that we have not considered ourselves.
User avatar
leg4li2ed0pe
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:29 pm

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:38 am

XXXXX wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:
XXXXX wrote:
wicked1 wrote:my only comments are I am glad to hear Reagan is gone. Feel free to be offended but it was he who started the war on drugs,the union breakups,86 machine gun laws and a few other things that I very much disliked him for.


You are a worthless douche bag. No further comment is warranted.


In wicked1's defense, which if you go back months in various threads, you'll know I very rarely agree with him. What he said is an opinion, are you saying that his opinions are wrong? It's the same as someone saying that Reagan was the best president because of X, Y & Z.

In this country, we all have the right to our opinion, popular or unpopular, don't call him a "worthless douche bag" for him having an opinion that you disagree with.


This has nothing to do with you. He invited us to feel free to be offended, and I was on the eve of his funeral. My assessment of him being a worthless douche bag stands. You would have to have me banned from the forum or a moderator to edit and censor it.


You have every right to think of him as a "worthless douche bag" it is a free country, and we have the right to our own beliefs and opinions.

Not sure what the eve of his funeral has to do with his post, to be honest, I don't really give a da*n about the funeral. I'm also sick of hearing on the news every 2 seconds, "Ronald Reagan, Ronald Reagan" and so on and so forth.

The guy suffered with Alzeheimer's for 10 years, he was 93, it was his time.

When I made this thread, I meant it so that people could simply say what they thought about the man & his life, and give thier regards, not for it to be turned into a flame-fest. In fact, let's look at who made it a flame-fest. The FL sh*t started when Ian made a comment about the outcome of the election that year, and then it went into full force from there. You brought Kerry into the thread, and again, it went into full force.
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:43 am

XXXXX wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:
XXXXX wrote:
JamieW wrote:Jesus, this is still going on? Its good to see that XXXXX has finally mixed in discussion with his "omg, if you disagree with Bush you are a liberal democratic lunatic." If you aren't with us, you're against us? Nice.


Don't put words in my mouth. I said no such thing....that is your own ignorant preconceived ideas speaking.


Again, here I am coming to JamieW's defense, which we all know is something I would *NEVER* do, I often times disagee with him, but here it goes:

No offense, but you are just about saying that, not directly, but when you look at what you have said often times on the last few pages, it all fits into JamieW's comment.


I think we can all benefit from you only giving us the benefit of your infinite wisdom in regards to posts that involve you. Do you always poke your nose into everyone's private bedrooms too?


First of all, it's on a *PUBLIC* forum, therefore, I have every right to respond. Second, I come to defense of friends if they aren't here. Although you could go back and show the "relations between aviationwiz & wicked1, and JamieW" and it isn't exactly a friendship, we show respect for each other.
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby leg4li2ed0pe on Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:56 am

When I made this thread, I meant it so that people could simply say what they thought about the man & his life, and give thier regards, not for it to be turned into a flame-fest. In fact, let's look at who made it a flame-fest. The FL sh*t started when Ian made a comment about the outcome of the election that year, and then it went into full force from there. You brought Kerry into the thread, and again, it went into full force.


It may be a flamefest between you and XXXXX but we are having a perfectly civilized discussion.
User avatar
leg4li2ed0pe
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:29 pm

Postby wicked1 on Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:32 am

Damn Reagan again. We telemarketers cant call till after 4pm tomorrow because of Reagan memorials.Kinda cool I guess sicne I can trip all night and still make it to work by 4pm.
Pioneer dvr-108,NEC 3540,BenQ 1640,LiteOn 1693S
Intel pentium D 930 oc to 4.2 ghz
2 gb ddr2 1066 mhz ram
geforce 7600GT
sb audigy 2 zs platnum
hardware mpeg2 encoder card

Conscience is what hurts when everything else feels so good
User avatar
wicked1
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 7:26 pm

Postby JamieW on Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:44 am

Nevermind, XXXXX has managed to erase any progress in the direction of civility.

XXXXX, you are an uncivilized, arrogant ass who is so caught up in his own righteous crusade against the left you will continue to be the failure you have been showing us you are. You have managed to get aviation to defend me, something I don't think anyone has accomplished. You've managed to get me to defend Green Party and the left, another thing almost never done. And all this because I think you are horrible representative of even your own views. It is people like yourself so caught up in the idea of their intellect that manage to cause far more harm than good to their own ideals because of their inability to communicate, respect, or understand causes an immediate invalidation of what they are saying. And then any views you had which were valid are lumped into the same category and ignored which hurts even your own purposes.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
User avatar
JamieW
Chicken Farmer
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby XXXXX on Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:47 am

I'll respond tomorrow when I have some time....but in short, both aviation and Jaime are typical Kerry idiots...which is why Kerry is going to lose this election. Bush has already come up on points on a poll done today...as I predicted. Read 'em and weep gentlemen.
Kerry is the most liberal US Senator in Washington, who has more of a sourpuss disposition than Lieberman.

He sucks the way he flips and then flops...which is why he will be defeated!

Where do they get these guys?
User avatar
XXXXX
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:03 am

Postby JamieW on Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:44 am

Christ but you are completely retarded. I am actually pro-Bush, but to be lumped in with arrogant morons like yourself make me want to vote third party. You are so stupid, that you have no clue that there are things you do not even know. You may actually be the one man on this planet more stupid than Bush. I'm not kidding, you are actually stupid. Not just uninformed, but stupid.

Seriously, it is stupid, arrogant morons like yourself that make people cringe when I say I am pro-Bush. They assume I am anything like you. Why do you insist on spewing your bile when you have nothing productive to say? Is it just so you can see your own words on the screen?
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
User avatar
JamieW
Chicken Farmer
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:54 am

XXXXX wrote:but in short, both aviation and Jaime are typical Kerry idiots


=D> :lol: ROFLMAO. It's nice to wake up to hear something incredibly stupid to wake up in the morning. You know what your problem is XXXXX? you classify everyone that disagrees with you as a liberal or a "Kerry idiot." Now, in my case, when you call me a liberal, I take that as a compliment, becuase I'm a liberal, and I am bloody proud of it.

Now, when you say "Kerry idiot" I take it that means anyone who supports Kerry and with no reasoning. Now, of course your definement of that would be flawed, as you called myself, and, of all people, JamieW one, and JamieW doesn't even support him!

Of people that I talk to, only *ONE* person can back up with facts why they prefer Bush. Other's, which totals about 5-6 people, can only say crap like "Kerry's Gay" "Kerry Sucks" or "Kerry Flip-Flops" again, without backing anything up with facts. On the flip side, all the people that support Kerry at my school (about 5-6) can all back up thier arguments with facts, and, are the only 6-7 people that actually care about our government, and who it's leader is (the Bush supporter I mentioned earlier is the one extra)
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby XXXXX on Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:13 pm

I still don't have time to post at length, but as I said previously, you are both idiots. You must think you are backing something up with facts, but there are little if any facts in any of your posts. I'll post more when I have the time, but Jaime you are officially ex-communicated from the Republican party, and neither we, nor George Bush wants you to vote for him, which will make our victory even sweeter come November. Have you and your Kerry cronies begun reading the latest polls to see George's climb back up? Read 'em and weep gentlemen.
Kerry is the most liberal US Senator in Washington, who has more of a sourpuss disposition than Lieberman.

He sucks the way he flips and then flops...which is why he will be defeated!

Where do they get these guys?
User avatar
XXXXX
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:03 am

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:46 pm

Wow, that's the first time I've actually seen someone say that you *DON'T* want them to vote for you.

I wanted to refrain from saying this, but XXXXX, you & George W. Bush bring a bad name to the Republican Party.

Again, as I & JamieW pointed out, you are the only one who has gotten it so that JamieW & I, cooperate, at any length.

JamieW even said that he was a Bush supporter, not a Kerry supporter, so why are you so insistent that he is a Kerry supporter?
User avatar
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)
 
Posts: 4069
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:55 am
Location: Home of the Red Tail

Postby JamieW on Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:58 pm

1. I haven't argued for or against Kerry with any conviction at all. So to say that I am not backing an argument with fact is ignorant. I have no argument.

2. I know your type, even if you don't. You are the guy that walks away with a smug look thinking he has accomplished something. Meanwhile, everyone just says "what a stupid asshole." Think what you want, I have the truth.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
User avatar
JamieW
Chicken Farmer
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby JamieW on Sat Jun 12, 2004 4:00 pm

By the way, you assumptive moron, I said I was pro-Bush, not Republican. I think aligning yourself with a party is one of the surest ways to guarantee you never have to think. You have confirmed this for me.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
User avatar
JamieW
Chicken Farmer
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby Ian on Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:19 pm

pro-Bush and not a Republican? I dunno about you Jamie. Hopefully its for his stance on guns and not because he's intelligent or something.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby JamieW on Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:24 pm

I suppose pro-Bush would be misleading. I'm just not as anti-Bush as much as I'm anti-Kerry. For awhile, I was giving Kerry consideration, but I just can't bring myself to vote for Kerry. I thought anything would be better than Bush. Then they showed me Kerry. I was wrong.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
User avatar
JamieW
Chicken Farmer
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2001 8:00 pm

Postby Ian on Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:26 pm

Rick James for President!
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14882
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby leg4li2ed0pe on Sat Jun 12, 2004 6:06 pm

XXXXX wrote: Have you and your Kerry cronies begun reading the latest polls to see George's climb back up? Read 'em and weep gentlemen.


I have in fact seen the lastest poll. Here it is:

Kerry: 51
Bush: 44

Kerry: 48
Bush: 42
Nader: 4

People who believe the country is on the wrong track: 60 (The highest number in an LA Times poll since bush became president)

http://www.news24houston.com/content/he ... 26&SecID=2

I'm not weeping yet.
User avatar
leg4li2ed0pe
CD-RW Thug
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:29 pm

Postby XXXXX on Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:45 am

leg4li2ed0pe wrote:
Unlike you, I prefer to get my information directly from the horse's mouths. Once it goes into someone's personal agenda, you will then only get their analysis of it. Chomsky is an avowed fringe personality, so I could not expect any of his comments to be the least be objective, or to represent in this case what the actual Al Queda foundations say.


A few points. You TOLD me to look at analysis. I was just pointing some analysis out to you that I have looked at and that I think YOU should look at. Its not like listening to him I take every word of what he says as fact. I listen to it critically just like all sources. You yourself said that you were glad people like Rush point out that kerry is liberal. But from what you just stated above shouldn't people only be reading direct quotes from Kerry and not what others say about him? You can't have it both ways. All I suggest though is that you just listen to that talk chomsky gave. Think critically and don't just take everything he says as fact (I know you wouldn't). But really listen and see if maybe YOU could be wrong about something.


No, I said to listen to what Gorby himself said about Reagan's impact on the dissolution of the USSR. Just like I told others earlier to actually take the time to read the Declaration and see that only 2 of 30 paragraphs are applicable today. Same with the First Amendment about the separation of Church and State. People think it means a lot more than what it says.

The issue of Limbaugh and other right wing commentators having opinions on Kerry is an unrelated issue, and one which I take their comments with a grain of salt. I do however, listen to Kerry trying not to be a liberal, and his frequent flip-flops, which is why the Bush negative ads stick.
Kerry is the most liberal US Senator in Washington, who has more of a sourpuss disposition than Lieberman.

He sucks the way he flips and then flops...which is why he will be defeated!

Where do they get these guys?
User avatar
XXXXX
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:03 am

Postby XXXXX on Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:51 am

leg4li2ed0pe wrote:
When I made this thread, I meant it so that people could simply say what they thought about the man & his life, and give thier regards, not for it to be turned into a flame-fest. In fact, let's look at who made it a flame-fest. The FL sh*t started when Ian made a comment about the outcome of the election that year, and then it went into full force from there. You brought Kerry into the thread, and again, it went into full force.


It may be a flamefest between you and XXXXX but we are having a perfectly civilized discussion.


Exactly my thoughts. Aviation is like a flaming mother hen that feels it is his obligation to bring all the lemmings under his apron. This is his feeble attempt at garnering support for his emotional and weak arguments. LMAO!
Kerry is the most liberal US Senator in Washington, who has more of a sourpuss disposition than Lieberman.

He sucks the way he flips and then flops...which is why he will be defeated!

Where do they get these guys?
User avatar
XXXXX
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:03 am

Postby XXXXX on Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:55 am

JamieW wrote:Nevermind, XXXXX has managed to erase any progress in the direction of civility.

XXXXX, you are an uncivilized, arrogant ass who is so caught up in his own righteous crusade against the left you will continue to be the failure you have been showing us you are. You have managed to get aviation to defend me, something I don't think anyone has accomplished. You've managed to get me to defend Green Party and the left, another thing almost never done. And all this because I think you are horrible representative of even your own views. It is people like yourself so caught up in the idea of their intellect that manage to cause far more harm than good to their own ideals because of their inability to communicate, respect, or understand causes an immediate invalidation of what they are saying. And then any views you had which were valid are lumped into the same category and ignored which hurts even your own purposes.


If I suceeded in alienating you, I consider that a compliment, and a successful day. There is nothing useful you have had to say.
Kerry is the most liberal US Senator in Washington, who has more of a sourpuss disposition than Lieberman.

He sucks the way he flips and then flops...which is why he will be defeated!

Where do they get these guys?
User avatar
XXXXX
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:03 am

Postby XXXXX on Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:02 am

aviationwiz wrote:Wow, that's the first time I've actually seen someone say that you *DON'T* want them to vote for you.

I wanted to refrain from saying this, but XXXXX, you & George W. Bush bring a bad name to the Republican Party.

Again, as I & JamieW pointed out, you are the only one who has gotten it so that JamieW & I, cooperate, at any length.

JamieW even said that he was a Bush supporter, not a Kerry supporter, so why are you so insistent that he is a Kerry supporter?


I have no question about you and Jamie being cut from the same emotional and ignorant cloth. You both argue like little girls on their periods. If he is a Bush supporter, we don't want him, nor do we need him. He would pollute the Republican Tidal Wave.
Kerry is the most liberal US Senator in Washington, who has more of a sourpuss disposition than Lieberman.

He sucks the way he flips and then flops...which is why he will be defeated!

Where do they get these guys?
User avatar
XXXXX
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:03 am

Postby XXXXX on Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:09 am

JamieW wrote:I suppose pro-Bush would be misleading. I'm just not as anti-Bush as much as I'm anti-Kerry. For awhile, I was giving Kerry consideration, but I just can't bring myself to vote for Kerry. I thought anything would be better than Bush. Then they showed me Kerry. I was wrong.


You are definitely in the Kerry camp. You flip-flop just like him, congratulations. If you had some balls, you would stand up like a man with a consistent position.

Hey, by the way, what happened to your cute requests for more sheep talking? That was almost funny, and would have been if you had used an elephant as the animal. I would have at least been impressed if you knew how to spell the sound that an elephant makes.
Kerry is the most liberal US Senator in Washington, who has more of a sourpuss disposition than Lieberman.

He sucks the way he flips and then flops...which is why he will be defeated!

Where do they get these guys?
User avatar
XXXXX
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 11:03 am

PreviousNext

Return to The Beer Garden

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 0 guests

cron
All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.