Miyuri has released a new version of CD Doctor that contains a bunch of nice new features. Among them are:
- More test speeds (4x, 8x, 12x, 16x and MAX)
- Choice of C1/C2 test or C2/CU test
- Real-time display of test results via a small scrolling chart
- Real-time display of test results via numeric counters
- Real-time display of test results via red/yellow/green bar-graph
- Display of disc's tracks, their type and length
- Ability to select only specific tracks for testing
- Ability to select portions of tracks for testing by specifying LBAs
- Choice of linear or semi-logarithmic chart
- User selectable chart limits
- Prompt to continue or abort when unreadable sector encountered
- Automatic Japanese/English detection and support
- Copying of disc identification information to clipboard
- Grading of disc quality (not fully implemented)
This is very much a work in progress, and there are bugs and incomplete portions. Also, although most of the menus have been translated into English, not all of them have. Miyuri wants you to know that this is a beta version, more work needs to be done, and it has not been thoroughly tested. Please don't expect perfection at this point.
I have run a few quick tests on a Windows 2000 box, and it worked nicely. However, I could not get it to run on my Windows 98 box. I think this may have something to do with the language setttings.
If you would like to try this beta version, you can download it from Miyuri's web page here:
Click on the link labeled "doctor_120b1.zip ".
As before, the actual program file is password protected within an embedded zip file in the main zip file. The readme.txt file contains the password. However, it has not yet been translated into English, so I will give you the password subject to the following conditions:
CD Doctor's copyright is held by the author Miyuri. The author accepts no responsibility for any damage caused by use of this program. Please contact the author regarding this package prior to publication in books, magazines and the like.
If you understand and agree to these terms, agree that the above terms are superceded by the actual Japanese test included within the readme.txt file, and are willing to try an incomplete and not thoroughly tested beta version, then you may extract and use the program by entering the password "DrawPrimitive" (without the quotation marks).