Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Pioneer 108 speed issues

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Pioneer 108 speed issues

Postby Jut on Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:18 pm

I just got a 108 and at first it appeared to be working fine with ritek G05 media, after updating nero I was able to select 12x for the speed, however, when the files are actually written it takes 15mins suggesting it is stuck on 4x. I have updated the firmware to 1.10 but still the same problem. Any suggestions??

btw the drive is in an external usb2 enclosure but nero dvd speed shows the discs can be written and read upto 12x without errors.

cheers.
Jut
Buffer Underrun

Re: Pioneer 108 speed issues

Postby Rich on Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:04 pm

Jut wrote:I just got a 108 and at first it appeared to be working fine with ritek G05 media, after updating nero I was able to select 12x for the speed, however, when the files are actually written it takes 15mins suggesting it is stuck on 4x. I have updated the firmware to 1.10 but still the same problem. Any suggestions??

btw the drive is in an external usb2 enclosure but nero dvd speed shows the discs can be written and read upto 12x without errors.

cheers.

Hi Jut,

I have my Plex 712 in an enclosure and I learned from DVD_ADDICT that firewire was the way to go. I too was throttled to 4x through usb2 into a cardbus adapter into my laptop.

I finally gave in and bought a MicroPlus Usb2/firewire combo enclosure from Compusa and a usb2/firewire combo cardbus adapter. When using firewire I get up to 8x now which makes me happy. I still haven't been able to get up to 12x though. I don't know why but I haven't tried to figure it out since I'm happy.

Hope this helps.

Rich
For Me to POOP-ON!

Burning-burning-burning Rawhide!
Rich
CD-RW Player

Postby Jut on Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:53 am

thanks for the help, one last thing tho did your simulations work coz if I run simulate before copy it all runs smoothly at the correct choosen speed.
Jut
Buffer Underrun

Postby Rich on Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:21 am

Jut wrote:thanks for the help, one last thing tho did your simulations work coz if I run simulate before copy it all runs smoothly at the correct choosen speed.

That was 3 months ago and I just barely remember testing with Nero and it topped at 7.5x and I don't remember if it was simulated or burning.

I recently did tests and am not sure about those either sim/real? but the recent test showed 8x. Sorry.
For Me to POOP-ON!

Burning-burning-burning Rawhide!
Rich
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers