Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Pioneer A05 software

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Pioneer A05 software

Postby boblx2 on Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:37 pm

I am wondering what software folks are using to burn with the A05. I bought a bare drive package so naturally it did not come with a bundled software like the DRU-500A did. Nor will any of the software the works with the 500A work with the A05. With my DRU-500A I use the latest version of DVDDcryptor and RecordNow (which came with it) but I am kind of at a loss for the A05. Perhaps I should not have been in such a rush and bought a full package.

Anyone have any ideas about that?.....

Thanks......
Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:18 pm

Hmmm. Pioneer Australia reports that the A05 retail kit comes with RecordNow DX:

http://www.pioneeraus.com.au/multimedia ... 5_prod.htm

The version you have is probably locked to the Sony drive, like most all OEM bundled software.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby boblx2 on Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:16 pm

cfitz, Thanks much. I have not actually received the A05 yet but I bought the bare drive. I understand it is the building now but I have not received it yet. I am probably going to take it home and install it there. I did get RecordNow with the Sony.
I read on the VCDhelp forum that Nero also works on the A05. It is apparently more compaible with other burning software then the Sony is.

Thanks again........
Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Postby boblx2 on Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:35 pm

I did receive the A05. It seems to work okay but I prefer the Sony drive. The only software I have found that works with this drive is DVD Decryptor, the laterst version. That means I have to burn only .iso files. Which is not too much of a problem since SpruceUp has an image option on it. But that kind of limits the usage of the drive until I can find another package to support it. Nero seems to support it but the output disc is not readable. ...........
Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

pioneer A05 software

Postby als on Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:31 am

I use Easycd 5.32 & Nero (the new one). Plus DVD decrypter for some iso's. It seems images work the best, in other players.
alan
als
Buffer Underrun

Postby boblx2 on Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:18 pm

Well just for an update on this thread. I also found that DVD Decryptor, the latest version, works well with the A05. I have been successful also with the latest version of Nero. Stomp RecorNow 4.50 did not work out so well even though the A05 ships with RecordNow DX. I also have noticed that I get fewer coasters with 1X media then I do with 2X. All in all I would say to buy the Sony you get more for your money.
I have also learned that my old standby TDK 2X media does not seem to work with the A05. 1X R/W media works every time as does some other brand name 1X software. I have not been able to use any 2X media with any software with the A05. It is pretty finicky.
Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Postby seezar on Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:57 pm

boblx2 wrote:Well just for an update on this thread. I also found that DVD Decryptor, the latest version, works well with the A05. I have been successful also with the latest version of Nero. Stomp RecorNow 4.50 did not work out so well even though the A05 ships with RecordNow DX. I also have noticed that I get fewer coasters with 1X media then I do with 2X. All in all I would say to buy the Sony you get more for your money.
I have also learned that my old standby TDK 2X media does not seem to work with the A05. 1X R/W media works every time as does some other brand name 1X software. I have not been able to use any 2X media with any software with the A05. It is pretty finicky.

Hmm.. I'm definately glad I went for the Sony then. The TDK 2x media works great with the Sony drive. Havent made a coaster yet (knocks on wood). :)
seezar
Buffer Underrun

Postby boblx2 on Thu Nov 28, 2002 3:28 am

I would guess that Pioneer will offer an upgrade for the firmware to make it more compatible like Sony did. That may be why Sony is so "house broken". :)
But I wish I would have bought two Sonys instead of the A05 since it has caused so much trouble. I really don't have time to mess around with something that is so finicky. Actually I use my A04 more then the A05 for that reason. Maybe when 4X media is released and it comes down to a realistic price it may be okay. I don't expect for it to be realistic until long after it is released so that will give Pioneer plenty of time to upgrade it or for me to get rid of it and get another Sony! :)
Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers