Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Pioneer DVR-105 and Nero 5.5.9.17

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Pioneer DVR-105 and Nero 5.5.9.17

Postby crust on Sun Nov 17, 2002 1:57 am

I was wondering if anyone else has tried nero with a dvr-105/a05. For some reason my max record speed shows up as 2x instead of 4x. I haven't tried this with media inserted yet because I just got the drive, and my media will not arrive till monday.
crust
Buffer Underrun

Postby boblx2 on Mon Nov 18, 2002 3:39 pm

I have not had much luck with any burning software with the A05. I am thinking of returning it. I have tried Nero (latest version) Stomp RecordNow 4.50 and DVD Decryptor (latest version). The only one that showed any promise at all was DVD D when I burn an .iso file. The others appeared to work but mostly what they burned was coasters. I finally removed it and re-installed my A04. I also have the Sony DRU-500A which works well with almost anything I have tried. But I have not yet tried 4X software with either ot them. But it appears that I should return the A05 and get another Sony.....

Just my .02 worth............
Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Postby boblx2 on Mon Nov 18, 2002 4:03 pm

I guess this is not much help to you but when I installed Stomp RecordNow Max 4.50 it insisted on de-installing Nero. One of the faults I find with Stomp is the amount of time it spends verifying the disc. Of course all of them have worked so far. I was using Nero and I did not have any trouble with it. There is another person here who has the Sony and Nero I will check with him to see if he notices that problem. I used Nero for a couple of days before I installed Stomp and do not recall having any troubles with it.

Have fun.........Bob
boblx2
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers