Home News Reviews Forums Shop


Post a link to a dumb website here:

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Post a link to a dumb website here:

Postby Spazmogen on Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:55 am

http://sherm.20megsfree.com/burgerking.swf

I watched this 3x @ work (yes, I'm a civil servant) and still can't figure it out.

It just makes me glad to be a civil servant :oops:
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
User avatar
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Woodstock, Ontario

Postby BuddhaTB on Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:55 am

Hilarious Web-site Spaz :lol:
User avatar
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:50 pm
Location: Southern California (LA & Orange County)

Postby Spazmogen on Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:55 am

Ding! Fries are done!
Ding! Fries are done!
Ding! Fries are done!

Don't dump you're fries into hot fat,
it really hurts bad
so does skin grafts...

I finally listened to it at home and made an mp3 of the audio.

I've listened to it about 15 times and it's still funny. :D
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
User avatar
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2001 8:00 pm
Location: Woodstock, Ontario

Postby BillyG on Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:57 am

http://www.powerpop.org/rally/

Fun for Angels Fans!
User avatar
BillyG
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu May 30, 2002 6:03 am
Location: Somewhere in Texas

Postby liteoncrasher on Thu Jan 01, 1970 6:06 am

Here's mine:

http://www.whatbadgerseat.com/

I'll try the others listed...
liteoncrasher
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:03 pm

Postby aztechya on Thu Jan 01, 1970 6:07 am

User avatar
aztechya
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 12:23 am
Location: CLT, NC, US, EARTH, SOL, UNIVERSE, ORIONS BELT

Postby liteoncrasher on Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:57 pm

Here's a link to a Polish digital clock (with some ingenious Japanese help)
liteoncrasher
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:03 pm

Postby liteoncrasher on Sat Dec 21, 2002 11:57 pm

Here's a link to a Polish digital clock (with some ingenious Japanese help)

http://yugop.com/ver3/stuff/03/fla.html
liteoncrasher
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:03 pm

Postby Ian on Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:29 am

"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14883
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby cfitz on Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:20 am

liteoncrasher wrote:Here's a link to a Polish digital clock (with some ingenious Japanese help)

That is certainly the hard way to do it...

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:44 am

Postby dhc014 on Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:35 am

I can't resist - www.cdrinfo.com ;)

:lol: :lol:
dhc014
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:36 pm

Postby glock20rocks on Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:21 am

dhc014 wrote:I can't resist - www.cdrinfo.com ;)

:lol: :lol:


:D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :P
glock20rocks
 

Postby Ian on Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:53 am

be nice guys.. I don't need any emails from Johnny saying that some of the people in our forum made him cry.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14883
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby cfitz on Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:17 pm

Well, okay, I will be nice. I certainly don't want to start anything. But, on the other hand, I wouldn't feel all that bad if Johnny did cry. I notice that he is distributing our English version of CD Doctor, but with:

no attribution to CDRLabs... no direct attribution to Miyuri (although he does at least link Miyuri's site)... no permission requested or received from Miyuri or CDRLabs.... and he repackaged the installation from the original zip archive to a WinRAR archive, removing the password in contravention to Miyuri's desire that users read the readme.txt file before installing.

Does he always behave like this? He should take a pointer from Club CDFreaks - they are a classy group and did the right thing.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:44 am

Postby dhc014 on Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:49 pm

Yes, I used to go to cdrinfo, but then I realised that all they do is visit other sites and swipe their news and everything. Their firmware section follows firmware-flash.com and their news follows cdrlabs and cdfreaks and others... They even post FAKE reviews of drives like the CRX220, they probably couldn't have even modified the firmware themselves so they just took it from http://kickme.to/sony210 without even mentioning the site. They make me angry.
dhc014
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1368
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2002 10:36 pm

Postby Ian on Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:55 pm

cfitz wrote:Well, okay, I will be nice. I certainly don't want to start anything. But, on the other hand, I wouldn't feel all that bad if Johnny did cry. I notice that he is distributing our English version of CD Doctor, but with:

no attribution to CDRLabs... no direct attribution to Miyuri (although he does at least link Miyuri's site)... no permission requested or received from Miyuri or CDRLabs.... and he repackaged the installation from the original zip archive to a WinRAR archive, removing the password in contravention to Miyuri's desire that users read the readme.txt file before installing.

Does he always behave like this? He should take a pointer from Club CDFreaks - they are a classy group and did the right thing.

cfitz


Unfortunately yes. They've done things like that in the past. Someone "borrowed" a lot of the info from CD Freak's WSES guide for their own article without giving any credit to them. :evil:

I'm not sure how people do things in Greece, but thats just plain rude. Give credit where its due. If you're going to try to pass off your website as a "professional CD-R testing lab", you don't do things like that.

And yes, CD Freaks is a group of classy guys. One of their mods, rdgrimes, came to me and asked if it was alright if he linked to our CD Doctor thread. No, not to steal and repackage the zip.. just link to our thread. Of course I had no problem with that.

I try not to speak too openly about things like this because every time I criticize cdrinfo in some way, they make it into a huge deal about it in their forum. I'm sure this thread is already being linked over there and someone is already talking crap about me, CDRLabs and my mother. :roll:

Merry frigging Christmas.. hopefully your pantyhoes will be full of coal..
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14883
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby cfitz on Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:01 pm

Ian wrote:And yes, CD Freaks is a group of classy guys. One of their mods, rdgrimes, came to me and asked if it was alright if he linked to our CD Doctor thread. No, not to steal and repackage the zip.. just link to our thread. Of course I had no problem with that.

He contacted me also, since I did the translation, to see if I had any objections either. And, of course, I also had no problem with it. I was very appreciative of his courteous, gentlemanly behavior.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon
 
Posts: 4572
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2002 10:44 am

Postby rdgrimes on Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:14 pm

Aw, shucks.....
rdgrimes
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 963
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:27 pm
Location: New Mexico, USA

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Dec 22, 2002 2:25 pm

Ian wrote:I try not to speak too openly about things like this because every time I criticize cdrinfo in some way, they make it into a huge deal about it in their forum. I'm sure this thread is already being linked over there and someone is already talking crap about me, CDRLabs and my mother.

hey, Ian, isn't that site that you found text copied _directly_ from a CDRLabs review within the HTML source ? (Plex 40x review was it?) :lol:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
User avatar
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 am
Location: Israel

Postby Ian on Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:50 pm

dodecahedron wrote:
Ian wrote:I try not to speak too openly about things like this because every time I criticize cdrinfo in some way, they make it into a huge deal about it in their forum. I'm sure this thread is already being linked over there and someone is already talking crap about me, CDRLabs and my mother.

hey, Ian, isn't that site that you found text copied _directly_ from a CDRLabs review within the HTML source ? (Plex 40x review was it?) :lol:


No, that was CD-RW Central. They did it more than once too.. the Plex 40x and one of their Lite-On reviews come to mind. The Lite-On one was really funny too cause they had cut and pasted a table right off our website. I had planted some comments in the code (because they had done it before) and of course they never checked it before putting it online.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
User avatar
Ian
Grand Poobah
 
Posts: 14883
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2001 2:34 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:55 pm

Ian wrote:
dodecahedron wrote:hey, Ian, isn't that site that you found text copied _directly_ from a CDRLabs review within the HTML source ? (Plex 40x review was it?) :lol:


No, that was CD-RW Central. They did it more than once too.. the Plex 40x and one of their Lite-On reviews come to mind. The Lite-On one was really funny too cause they had cut and pasted a table right off our website. I had planted some comments in the code (because they had done it before) and of course they never checked it before putting it online.

yeah, that was just what i was talking about... :-?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
User avatar
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 am
Location: Israel

Postby F1Pilot on Sun Jan 05, 2003 10:49 pm

Here's a coupla late entries. I got these from friends over last couple of months.

ICEBOX
Joe Cartoon - Home of the Frogblender
Red Meat - Dark Humor
Wanna live forever?
- :o -

From the Holy Crap Bin:
OMFG - I think this person is serious.

:P F1
User avatar
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 628
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2003 5:41 pm

Postby Mr. Belvedere on Mon Jan 06, 2003 5:50 pm

The infinite is possible at :

www.zombo.com
Information is neutral. It is only evil or disgusting to clueless twists that don't know how to use it to their advantage.

Opinion used as evidence is not enough to refute fact. Sometimes it's just FUD.
User avatar
Mr. Belvedere
Buffer Underrun
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2002 9:37 pm
Location: :noitacoL

Postby BuddhaTB on Fri Jan 10, 2003 9:51 pm

Not really a dumb website or anything, just cool in a sense.
Only good for people living in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, but anyone can check it out.
http://www.yugop.com/ver3/stuff/03/fla.html

Atomic Clock Time if anyone needs it
http://www.atomictime.net/front.html
User avatar
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:50 pm
Location: Southern California (LA & Orange County)

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:17 am

BuddhaTB wrote:Only good for people living in the Pacific Standard Time Zone, but anyone can check it out.
http://www.yugop.com/ver3/stuff/03/fla.html

why? showed me the correct time!
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
User avatar
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon
 
Posts: 6865
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 12:04 am
Location: Israel

Next

Return to The Beer Garden

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
All Content is Copyright (c) 2001-2017 CDRLabs Inc.