Home News Reviews Forums Shop

valentine day & gifts

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

valentine day & gifts

Postby MonteLDS on Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:37 am

So what did you guys get for your lady friends for this day (feb 14th)

i got Jennifer this
Nothing says love like a paper cutter ;)

it was on her birthday list
(her birthday is in April)
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby F1Pilot on Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:53 pm

I got my wife an Ovation guitar, new strings for it, Korg Chromatic Tuner, 2 dozen Red Ecuadorean Roses and a bunch of CD's that she's been wanting.

For my daughter, I got a few stuffed animals (teddy bears and penguins), a few simple toys and mylar balloons which she loves. Her birthday is next Friday, so I have the more major toys for her. She has a bunch of Baby Gap clothes coming to her, but as a rule, we don't give clothes as gifts.
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:00 am

http://66.236.51.227/gift.jpg
VERY LARGE PICTURE 1600x1200 700KB+

this is what Jennifer got me :)
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:45 am

She got you a black computer case? She really could have done something more personal....
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:41 am

JamieW wrote:She got you a black computer case? She really could have done something more personal....

Your joking, right? What's on top of the case? LOL.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby F1Pilot on Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:35 am

That's awesome Monte! Nice and personal!
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:35 pm

JamieW wrote:She got you a black computer case? She really could have done something more personal....

..and you got what..? oh ya you don't have anyone and that explains why you are so bitter, and not funny
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:24 pm

Oh, Monte, how much you assume yet know so little! Do not assume that because I am not so shocked at having significant other that I feel I must inform everyone on the internet that I do not have said significant other. I've always found it amusing that people put their personal life all over the internet then get upset when it is ridiculed. You're the one who puts it out there. I don't make you do it.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby Ian on Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:26 pm

MonteLDS, Jamie was kidding.

btw.. I got a pair of boxers... and Masterpiece Optimus Prime (which hasn't shown up from Japan yet.. grrr).
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby JamieW on Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:28 pm

Ian, while I was kidding, he managed to mock himself by not understanding it. No matter how hard I try, people can always make themselves look more stupid than I can make them look.

Oh, yeah, I got some cool Mcfarlane figurines. Blair stopped getting me transformers years ago because she couldn't keep track of what I already bought.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby MonteLDS on Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:50 pm

Ian wrote:MonteLDS, Jamie was kidding.

btw.. I got a pair of boxers... and Masterpiece Optimus Prime (which hasn't shown up from Japan yet.. grrr).

ooo laa laa...

and is this what you got as well?
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:00 pm

Yup.. Best Prime ever produced.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby socheat on Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:54 pm

I got my girlfriend the 20GB Ipod. She got me a ticket with her on a 1 week Royal Caribbean cruise. :D
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby F1Pilot on Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:51 pm

Socheat wrote:I got my girlfriend the 20GB Ipod. She got me a ticket with her on a 1 week Royal Caribbean cruise. :D
Cool gifts ya got there! :wink:
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:17 am

I got to ride/drive these all weekend. I wasn't on the net much, needless to say.

"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby Robotnik on Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:21 am

Anyone ever gotten their partner some sort of household appliance or cleaning implement, like an iron, vacuum cleaner, or maybe a broom? What was their reaction?
Memorex 52Maxx 52/24/52
MSI CR40-A 40x 12x 40x
Ricoh MP5125A DVD+RW/+R 2.4/2.4/8 DVDRW, 12/10/32 CDRW
Optorite DD0203
Robotnik
CD-RW Thug

Postby F1Pilot on Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:30 am

UALOneKPlus wrote:I got to ride/drive these all weekend. I wasn't on the net much, needless to say.

Wow! So which one didja like? Was the NSX a stocker?
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby F1Pilot on Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:33 am

Robotnik wrote:Anyone ever gotten their partner some sort of household appliance or cleaning implement, like an iron, vacuum cleaner, or maybe a broom? What was their reaction?
Not here. My wife and I talked about it when we were dating...that appliances in general are something that if we want/need it, we'll just get it. We said the same thing about if we had kids...clothing would not be gifts, unless there was something in particular that was pricey and something they really wanted (within reason).
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:03 pm

I have to slightly disagree with F1 there. While common appliances are not good times, uncommon ones can be. Like one of this little sandwich fryer things. I got one of those one year and loved it. I also asked for a Cuisinart one year because while I had a blender and food processor, I wanted a freaking Cuisinart but knew I wouldn't buy it for myself. I got my woman an ice crusher one year because of some stuff she wanted to make smoothies or something. But stuff that you NEED, don't get as a gift. Like a vacuum, iron, and so on. But luxury/uncommon appliances are a good get. Especially since they will use them.

BTW, I'm kind of a freak in that in my house, I am the primary cook. Like she can make food, but I can cook up a storm. So I actually enjoy getting a good set of pots and pans, stainless mixing bowls, silicon spatulas, etc.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby F1Pilot on Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:41 pm

JamieW wrote:I have to slightly disagree with F1 there. While common appliances are not good times, uncommon ones can be. Like one of this little sandwich fryer things. I got one of those one year and loved it. I also asked for a Cuisinart one year because while I had a blender and food processor, I wanted a freaking Cuisinart but knew I wouldn't buy it for myself. I got my woman an ice crusher one year because of some stuff she wanted to make smoothies or something. But stuff that you NEED, don't get as a gift. Like a vacuum, iron, and so on. But luxury/uncommon appliances are a good get. Especially since they will use them.

BTW, I'm kind of a freak in that in my house, I am the primary cook. Like she can make food, but I can cook up a storm. So I actually enjoy getting a good set of pots and pans, stainless mixing bowls, silicon spatulas, etc.
Okay, I agree with you on that one. Like the clothing rule, if it's something my wife absoultely wants, I'll get it. Granted it wasn't MEANT a one of her gifts, when I brought home a smoothie maker she was asking for around Xmas time in a plain bag, I got bitched at, and had to wrap it up in the bedroom. Dunno what the hell fun that was, but yeah. If it's something they really want, sure! It falls into the fun catagory.

Whats the sandwich fryer thing? Like a pocket deal?
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:43 pm

Yeah, the sandwich thing rocks. It makes little pockets so you can do calzone like things. I use it pretty frequently. By the way, sandwiches are my favorite food ever.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby F1Pilot on Tue Feb 17, 2004 8:45 pm

What brand is it? Got a linkage for it?
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Postby socheat on Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:04 am

JamieW wrote:BTW, I'm kind of a freak in that in my house, I am the primary cook. Like she can make food, but I can cook up a storm. So I actually enjoy getting a good set of pots and pans, stainless mixing bowls, silicon spatulas, etc.

Same situation for me, and I hear ya. I was really excited when I got my first Lodge cast iron skillet several months ago. :)
socheat
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:07 am

UALOneKPlus wrote:I got to ride/drive these all weekend. I wasn't on the net much, needless to say.

Ferrari 355 PLEASE! :D
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:00 pm

F1Pilot wrote:Wow! So which one didja like? Was the NSX a stocker?[/color]

I loved all the rides :)

The NSX has a super charger, and total HP was 350.

The 355 was unbelievable. It has a new Tubi header and some other mods to it. The only thing it didn't have was a DVD burner built it :lol:

I promised the wife I was not going to do anything crazy like going to the dealer to buy a new sports car. Hope I don't break my word! 8)
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to The Beer Garden