Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Can We Say DUMB@$$!!!!

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Postby TheWizard on Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:50 pm

We don't expect anything, it's just humorous that you gloat about being a pirate, yet you are sucking down cheeseburgers at 56.6Kb/s. :)
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Tue Feb 10, 2004 5:44 pm

Aside from a lack of basic understanding of physics and geometry, they seemed to have forgotten that there are tow hooks at the front and rear of most cars.

Those things on econoboxes that look like tow hooks, aren't. They are nowhere equivalent to tow hooks that come on a Jeep. They are strictly tie-downs for shipping. If they had tried to hook up to one, they just would have ripped it open or off.

I did something like that to a car many years ago stuck in the sand at a beach. He wanted me to pull him out with my '73 full size Blazer. At first I refused telling him that he might get screwed up but he kept asking because he didn't want to pay for a tow truck. Well, I said OK, but he had to put the tow strap on his car (I wouldn't touch it) and don't put it on the bumper. Well, he put on a crossmember of the frame but it still got bent up pretty good. Never did get him up on the pavement - would have pulled his car apart. Had to get a tow anyway.

Slim
As Monte says, kinda' funny and sad at the same time.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Spazmogen on Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:08 pm

Hoxlund Wrote:
This is what a Pro Pirater uses:
Abit IS7 Mobo, 3.0GHz P4C, 512MB Geil Golden Dragon PC-3500, NEC ND-2500A True 8x DVD±RW, Plextor Premium CD-RW, Yamaha CRW-F1 External, Leadtek WinFast A350 Ultra TDH, Audigy 2 Sound Card, Logitech Z-560 Speakers

There is no such word as 'Pirater' in the English language.
Even Pirates of old were called 'Privateer'. But that doesn't apply to what you're doing.

Just stick with 'Pirate'.
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Feb 21, 2004 11:18 pm

:lol: Nice point there Spazmogen.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby JamieW on Sun Feb 22, 2004 4:03 am

Isn't that computer set up akin to having a sleek boat, lots of cannons, beautiful carvings, but boxer shorts for sails?

Arrrr matey, we'll plunder ye' in 3 hours after I finish downloading this 3kb readme.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby jase on Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:57 pm

Those things on econoboxes that look like tow hooks, aren't. They are nowhere equivalent to tow hooks that come on a Jeep.

Dunno about that. In a fit of desperation about six months ago I used my 1.3 Hyundai Accent to tow my broken-down Vauxhall (GM) Cavalier, a big old heavy lump of lard. The car managed it, the tow-rope didn't (ahem!) But the tow hooks were quite happy.

Of course, I didn't tie to the bumper and I didn't put the car in gear.

Dumbasses. lmao.
jase
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Mar 03, 2004 7:26 pm

JamieW wrote:Isn't that computer set up akin to having a sleek boat, lots of cannons, beautiful carvings, but boxer shorts for sails?

Arrrr matey, we'll plunder ye' in 3 hours after I finish downloading this 3kb readme.

Didn't see that until now, :lol:
Very funny.
Didn't think I'd hear myself say that :o
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby cfitz on Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:11 pm

Ian wrote:omg.. what a pack of idiots.

You know, with all of those guys they had there, they probably could have picked up that Storm and moved it off of the snow.

Quite. Or shoveled it out in under two minutes. It isn't as if the car was truly stuck. It was sitting on a driveway with two, probably three, wheels on dry pavement and one in a very small snowbank. Heck, I single-handedly shoveled out all this, including sidewalks and mailboxes, in a bigger snow than they had:

I don't even have a yard to toss the snow into. I have to carry each shovel-full across the street to dump it.

These clowns were just lazy and thought it would be fun to tow it out. They are lucky (and the rest of us are unlucky) that none of them got badly hurt or killed doing this. You don't want to be standing next to a tow line if it snaps.

Unfortunately, I imagine these idiots learned nothing from their adventure because mommy and daddy probably paid for the repairs just like they paid for the cars in the first place... :roll: I don't get why parents these days buy their high-school kids any cars, let alone new and expensive new cars.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby jase on Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:16 pm

Totally agree. I bumped my first car. I paid for it myself, and although it was a rusty old wreck, and I didn't even do it any damage (just a loud noise since I was only doing about 2mph at the time and reversed into another car) I learned my lesson big style, and to this day try to be very careful.

If the car hadn't been bought through sweat and tears working at the local Asda (Walmart) after school, I probably wouldn't have been bothered.
jase
CD-RW Player

Postby LoneWolf on Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:02 pm

Ian wrote:Yeah, its FWD. If they would have pulled up some, they probably could have driven out of the driveway.

Or they could have actually (gasp!) gotten out a few shovels and done some work digging the back end clear of that snow pile. Then they could have made sure they hooked the tow rope to something more secure, too. Instead, it looks like they "had to prove their manliness". Driver of the truck was a moron too, made NO effort to pull in a direction that would have helped maneuver the car off the snowbank and into the road.

Complete and utter morons.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Previous

Return to The Beer Garden