Home News Reviews Forums Shop

what do I do toget the best dvd copy with the software I hav

Anything else

what do I do toget the best dvd copy with the software I hav

Postby gentlejax on Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:25 pm

I have been trying several aps and I noticed that on some they have a meter that has something to do with quality. not sure what they mean.

what do I need to do to get the best quality burn without taking all day.

I have a NEC2500a & Nero6.0Ultra. also have SHRINK & DVD decryptor.

do I really need all 3 or can Nero handle it all?

I want to be able to use the speed of the NEC but also want the copy to look as good as the original or close to it.

I have also been using the trial CloneDVD.

like I said early, I would like to use mainly Nero(since I paid for it $9.95)

but not sure if it can do all that I need and make the best burn.

I want the best quality copy but at decent speed. I read somewhere that other programs take longer than others.

I havent used recode2 really yet. I am using it right now to analyze a some files now before I burn them. I had already decrypted them with dvd decryptor.

sorry for being all over the place with this post. trying to simplify this stuff to easiest way possible so I can get down to burning.

Mike
gentlejax
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Tue Feb 24, 2004 10:40 pm

I use Recode 2 for about 95% of everything I do.You don't need to use DvdDecrypter,let Recode 2 do it all.The quality is the compression %.You don't really want to go below 70% on the meter.I've done 65% before and it's cool but 70% is a rule of thumb.I would burn at 4x.Wait till 8x media becomes more reliable.
CloneDvd also works well.

E
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby gentlejax on Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:39 am

that is what I needed to know. I have been using DVD decrypt then tonight started using Recode2 after. I have been running the analizer before I burn it. I guess I have been taking too many extra steps if I can actually just use Nero for it all.

I will finish the dvd I am doing now then next try I will only use Nero to see if it speeds things up. please so far with dvd decryptor and Nero. Shrink had failed to decrypt a few times where DVD decryptor passed.

dont know why.

thanks for the info. need all the pointers I can get.

so far 5 out of 7 success.

Mike
gentlejax
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:11 am

Too many steps.Eliminate Dvd Decrypter and use Recode 2 to rip(compressed or not)to Hd and then Nero to burn.2 steps
With DvdDecryptor your burnin to drive then shrinkin or usin' recode to compress the files to Hd then burnin' to disc.3 steps.
Recode is fantastic!

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby gentlejax on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:49 am

just for kicks before work I attempted to rip RADIO to my hd with recode2. It told me it encountered an error or something and told me the disk was protected and something about VOB files.....

I must have done something wrong eh???

Mike
gentlejax
Buffer Underrun

Recode Will Not Process an Encrypted DVD

Postby TechFan on Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:21 pm

Nero Recode will only process non-encrypted DVDs. That is why you are receiving the error message. Best solution is to use DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD to your hard drive and then transcode the files with Nero Recode. If you wish to use Nero exclusively for the entire process then downlaod use AnyDVD which will handle the encryption while Nero Recode
does its processing.

Hope this helps.
TechFan
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Wed Feb 25, 2004 2:31 pm

I thought in a post you mentioned you used CloneDvd.That requires Dvd region Free or AnyDvd.I assumed you had either one.Use AnyDvd to get Recode to work.Decrypter is great for free and all but Recode is much more user friendly.Kinda an all-in-one package.

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Postby gentlejax on Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:28 pm

I did say somewhere I used DVDCLone, but now I am going to be using strictly Nero6 Ultra and Shrink or DVD Decrypter. I only used Clone to see how it worked while waiting to get my Nero.

I will be using those 3 from now one. currently I have had better success with DVD Decrypter than Shrink for some reason. ??

Mike Z
gentlejax
Buffer Underrun

Postby NoSmartz on Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:59 pm

If you're using the newest version of Shrink,they have had a lot of fixes to work out of it.I don't use the new version,I use Dvd Shrink 3.0 beta 5.It's rock solid.
Dvd Decrypter is great,I just don't like the 3 step process.If that's the best way for ya,then have at it!As long as the job gets done,eh.

E
Soren Kierkegaard
NoSmartz
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions