Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Recode 2 Surpasses 34 Million Downloads in 1st 9 weeks!

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Recode 2 Surpasses 34 Million Downloads in 1st 9 weeks!

Postby Vanderlow on Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:06 pm

Nero Recode 2 Surpasses 34 Million Downloads in First Nine Weeks!; Nero Digital Continues Its Success Story

KARLSBAD, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 2, 2004--Ahead Software, leaders in digital media technology, announced today that Nero Recode 2(TM), the latest addition to Nero 6(TM), its award-winning digital media software suite, has surpassed the 34-million download mark within nine weeks of its initial release. Nero Recode 2, which includes Nero Digital(TM), the world's fastest MPEG-4 video and audio codec, are part of December's free update of Nero 6.3 and are still available at no cost to Nero 6 retail users across the globe.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/sit ... ewsLang=en

You can download it here..package 1 and 2

http://www.nero.com/en/last-version.php
Vanderlow
CD-RW Player

Postby BurninMan921 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:19 pm

Proving once again how stupid people really are. Recode is just a much more costly version of DVD Shrink.
Soon to be proud user of Mandrake 10 (again!). SuSE 9 sucks!
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:01 pm

BurninMan921 wrote:Proving once again how stupid people really are. Recode is just a much more costly version of DVD Shrink.

Higher quality output video. I've tested it vs DVD Shrink, Recode is higher output quality.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby BurninMan921 on Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:14 am

Vs. 3.1.7?
The few that I tried I couldn't tell the difference in. And, shrink is free, Nero 6 isn't, and Nero 6 is buggy as f'ing hell - I've wasted several DVDs and more than a dozen CDs because the stupid thing freeze's at 98% or 99%. Nero 5.x does not have anywhere near as many problems.

Today I found a DVD that neither Nero Recode nor DVD Shrink 3.1.x could even READ - got an "invalid dvd structure" error from Shink, and an "unknown error" from Recode. CloneDVD worked (but boy, what a POS).

Ironic thing? The DVD was created by NVE2 - the only reason I keep Nero 6 installed. And NVE2 ain't exactly a "bug-free" application either, but unfortunetly, it's probably the best AVI->DVD app around :(

At least I don't burn anything with Nero (I use CopyToDVD).
Soon to be proud user of Mandrake 10 (again!). SuSE 9 sucks!
BurninMan921
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)