Home News Reviews Forums Shop

DVD-R/+R selling business?

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

DVD-R/+R selling business?

Postby jtan on Sun Mar 07, 2004 12:20 pm

hi there,

does anyone know how to get going into ordering bulks of DVD-R/+R from manufacturers to resell them?

thanks!
jtan
CD-RW Player

DVD Ordering in Bulk

Postby blatently on Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:24 pm

An easy way to do this is to look up sites that deal with small and large quantities - where you can do 24/7 express mail turnaround business.

Local competitors will typically offer dupes in 2-4 days, so it's best to stay in the two day range and offer a substantially lower price. Half the local outfits (in a city) will be using duplication as extra income, the other half will be dedicated houses, i.e. half the people out there really aren't cranking out great quality or may be using the method described above.

Don't bother buying duplication equipment it's an expensive nightmare.

Brian Taylor
http://www.zombiemedia.co.nr
blatently
Buffer Underrun

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:01 am

Yeah, I do... it's kinda what I do for a living... and on the side, I do more CD/DVD sales.... and yet more on the side, I do testing on them :wink:

Send me a message, let me know where you are, what media you want, and I'll let you know some of the hoops you'll have to jump through for distributorships and who to talk to for making your first orders.

Some things are better discussed in private :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby jtan on Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:50 am

Where are you from? I'm from Philippines. I want Ritek DVD-R/+R.
jtan
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:38 pm

Hrm... that's more difficult. If you were in the U.S. or Canada it would be easier :P

I don't have a contact at Ritek Taiwan right now unfortunatly. The only contact I have that would be good for shipping to your area would be my contact for Optodisc. Sorry!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden