Home News Reviews Forums Shop

DVD Decrypter

DVD and Blu-ray Disc authoring, editing, copying and transcoding.

DVD Decrypter

Postby homerw500 on Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:10 pm

please can anyone help if you rip a DVD. Film only mode with DVD Decrypter to a folder called VIDEO_TS and then it is small enough with out Transcoding it how do you burn it back to dvd as when i add the VIDEO_TS folder to nero ver 6.3.1.6 it says this dvd will not be readable but if i run it through dvd2one it lets me burn it fine i dont see the point in putting it throw dvd2one if it dont need to be what i,m i doing wrong

thanks for any help
homerw500
Buffer Underrun

Postby tazdevl on Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:45 pm

www.doom9.org

www.mrbass.org

Look for DVD ripping guides
RIG:
P4 2.6C, Thermalright SP94/Panaflo 92MM M1A, IC7 Max3, Swifty MCX159, 1GB Geil PC4000 Ultra Plat, Radeon 8500, Audigy 2, 2X WD Raptor RAID 0, WD 250GB SE, Plex 708A, 166SDVD, LianLi PC75, XP Pro.
tazdevl
CD-RW Player

Postby treemana on Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:09 am

I have used DVD Shrink for this purpose. After opening the disk select "Re-author" and select only the main movie file. If the movie files are small enough, DVD Shrink will show "100%" in the compression settings (meaning no compression). Then select "Backup". I normally write to an image (.NRG) file. But, you can write to a hard drive folder, or directly to DVD if you prefer.

If you use this method, you'll end up with a DVD that only has the movie on it. (i.e. no menus). But, the movie will be uncompressed.
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...
treemana
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:50 am

treemana wrote:If you use this method, you'll end up with a DVD that only has the movie on it. (i.e. no menus). But, the movie will be uncompressed.

Not always, think of movies like "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Matrix/Reloaded/Revolutions" sometimes I just keep the menus on because they are only around 10MB's, and there are no extras on the disc.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Return to DVD and Blu-ray Disc Authoring