Home News Reviews Forums Shop

The many faces of George Dubbya

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

The many faces of George Dubbya

Postby jase on Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:35 pm

jase
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:59 pm

LOL the old Bush or Chimp :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.bushorchimp.com/

actually, that's been mentioned here in CDRLabs forums quite a while back.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby pranav81 on Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:02 am

Hey jase how about some Blair pics? :wink:

::Pranav::
Increasingly mathematics will demand the courage to face its implications.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Bravo!

Postby steelly on Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:48 pm

That really took some hard work to complete such a pictorial representation of the moron we call president! 8)
steelly
CD-RW Thug

Re: Bravo!

Postby Ian on Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:39 pm

steelly wrote:That really took some hard work to complete such a pictorial representation of the moron we call president! 8)

Yeah, it was hard to find monkeys stupid looking enough.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: Bravo!

Postby pranav81 on Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:04 am

Ian wrote:
steelly wrote:That really took some hard work to complete such a pictorial representation of the moron we call president! 8)

Yeah, it was hard to find monkeys stupid looking enough.

I agree with you Ian. :)

pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby ClayBuster on Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:37 am

The only other place I have seen this many fucking idiots in one spot is www.democraticunderground.com Just like ALL the posters above me they don't have their heads on quite right.
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:59 pm

ClayBuster,

Instead of calling names, educate us on why Bush is such a great president and not a monkey's ass.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby ClayBuster on Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:23 pm

Ian wrote:ClayBuster,

Instead of calling names, educate us on why Bush is such a great president and not a monkey's ass.

Even if I could I would'nt be able to change your mind likewise mine won't be changed. I guess in the end we'll just have to agree to dis-agree :wink:

Do you honestly Think Kerry is any better? He does just as much double talk and GB. I do not honestly think Bush or ANYONE else will be or is perfect. I am just picking the lesser of two evils.

I also do not agree with shitheads from other countries dumping on any of us, President or Pee-on.

BTW Is your stuff packed yet for Iraq? :D
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:45 pm

No, I don't like many politicians, including Kerry. To me, he seems just as sleazy as the rest of them. The thing is, Bush has had his turn and shown us he doesn't know wtf he's doing. Can you honestly say he's done a good job and done what's best for America?

I was kidding about Iraq. If anything, I'd move to Canada. At least they have a decent health system up there.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:48 pm

hey, Ian, i'm inviting you to come to Israel! :lol:
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Ian on Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:07 pm

Thanks for the offer dodeca, but I'd miss the snow.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:29 pm

LOL i was joking.
now is not a good time to invite someone to Israel.
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby pranav81 on Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:50 pm

Ian wrote:Thanks for the offer dodeca, but I'd miss the snow.

Well Ian,
why dont you come to India and experience 45 degree celsius heat?If you get heated up we will move you to Kashmir,where you can play in snow too! :)

Waiting for your response,

pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:57 pm

i don't know that Kashmir is any better than Israel...
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:10 pm

ClayBuster wrote:
Ian wrote:ClayBuster,

Even if I could I would'nt be able to change your mind likewise mine won't be changed. Do you honestly Think Kerry is any better?

1. "Even if I could..." So you CAN'T tell us why Bush is such a great, or even good president, but yet you support him? Explain that one to me.

2. No, you wouldn't change our minds, but you would show us that you have knowledge of the presidential candidates and you could explain why you like George Bush, which would lead us to respect your political beliefs, since you can't even say why you support George Bush (without using negatives on Kerry) then how are we to respect your political beliefs?
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:11 pm

dodecahedron wrote:LOL i was joking.
now is not a good time to invite someone to Israel.

Yeah...tell me about it. I'm the only in my synagouge youth group that does NOT want to go to Israel in a few years...
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Ian on Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:17 pm

pranav81, considering a good portion of the US's tech jobs are moving off shore to countries like India, I might have to move over there if I want a job in that field.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby ClayBuster on Sun Apr 25, 2004 4:52 pm

Good points aviationwiz. I could have explained them but then it would only be torn apart word for word by people like yourself.

1. He truly beleives what he is doing is right. So do I

2. He is not afaid to tell the UN or any other organization to go fuck themselves. ( I really like that )

3. He seems genuine to me and not one of the more highly polished politicians He stumbles on words and does stupid things as ALL of us have done from time to time, President or not he is only Human

4. He thinks The Second Amendment means exactly what it says. And that my friends gets my Vote everytime as I am a single issue voter.

As for the Jobs going overseas I say good and fuck all those Union bastards they are the reason. My next door Neighbor makes $26 as a janitor at GM and brags about only working about 3 hours out of an eight hour day. They gotta make cuts somewhere and since you can't send the janitors overseas something has gotta give. If GM can cut it designers cost by 70% I say good do it. I'm sure I wouldn't feel the same way though if my job was exportable.
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:34 pm

I'm not going to tear apart 1, 2, or 3, as those are opinions, which I don't touch.

"He thinks The Second Amendment means exactly what it says. And that my friends gets my Vote everytime as I am a single issue voter."

Interesting, so then...how do you explain this showing of extreme compassion to a fellow human being. From CNN:

Earlier in the day, Tom Mauser, whose son, Daniel, was killed with an assault weapon in the Columbine High School killings five years ago, tried to enter the convention hall where the NRA was meeting, seeking to urge Cheney to support extending the assault weapons ban.

Mauser was turned away by a security guard as several conventioneers applauded. A couple of conventioneers yelled "Get a life" and "Vote for Bush."

I find it lovely that that is what most "gun nuts" (as JamieW, and wicked1 like to put it) react to when someone attempts to use America's political system as it was meant (as you and I are) rather than just supporting the majority and leaving the minority in the dust.

As per moving jobs overseas, I can't stress enough how important it is to keep jobs here in the US, rather than exporting them overseas. Currently, if a company wants to move overseas, that move is subsidized by taxpayers, not right!

As for the Jobs going overseas I say good and fuck all those Union bastards they are the reason.

Very interesting comments, perhaps made with little knowledge of the situation.

Why should teachers, pilots, designers, cashiers, printers, truck drivers, or anyone else be paid less than what they should. The unions help the american worker by making it so that companies have to pay them a fair amount of money, so that thier salaries are keeping up with inflation, so that they can enjoy the finer luxuries in life such as a house, a stable family, etc.

Those who want jobs exported overseas (such as yourself) so that companies who are already making billions each year can make more money, as they are paying thier employees less as they are getting cheap labor, are selfish pigs, no way around it.

No Millionaire left behind, that's W's policy, keep feeding taxpayer dollars to the most wealthy americans, so they can become even wealthier.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby ClayBuster on Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:56 pm

aviationwiz you are a true gentleman :)

What happened at the convention really has nothing to do with Bush or Cheney does it? I agree what happened was wrong but it does and will happen. As for Tom Mauser I truely do feel for the guy I couldn't imagine lossing a child BUT the fact of the matter is the GUN DID NOT DO IT a person did it plain and simple does it really matter if it was one of the junk $100 pistols they used or one of my $8000 shotguns?

As for the unions, Man I really didn't think that one through I was going more to the automotive side of my rant.

You have a wonderfull night and I'll update you tomorrow on the PX-712SA after I give them a call.
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:18 pm

ClayBuster wrote:...the GUN DID NOT DO IT a person did it plain and simple.

Of course the gun didn't do it, a gun doesn't have a mind of it's own. The point is, they wouldn't have been able to do what they did it they didn't have the guns availible to them somehow in the first place.

ClayBuster wrote:...does it really matter if it was one of the junk $100 pistols they used or one of my $8000 shotguns?

A shotgun, (an $8000 one at that) is a lot less likely to be used in a crime due to cost, size, reload rate, etc. A pistol, or other such type of assualt gun, is very likely to be used, due to it's compact size, lower cost (as you mentioned) and they reload faster. I, and no one else really, is arguing for a ban on gun sales on those used for hunting, etc. Those used for crimes and assualts are another thing.

ClayBuster wrote:I'll update you tomorrow on the PX-712SA after I give them a call.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Thanks, chances are, if you order, I'll be ordering it as well. It's Double or nothing :lol:
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby ClayBuster on Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:35 pm

aviationwiz wrote:A shotgun, (an $8000 one at that) is a lot less likely to be used in a crime due to cost, size, reload rate, etc. A pistol, or other such type of assualt gun, is very likely to be used, due to it's compact size, lower cost (as you mentioned) and they reload faster. I, and no one else really, is arguing for a ban on gun sales on those used for hunting, etc. Those used for crimes and assualts are another thing.

True assault weapons are full automatic there are very few of them avail. and if you think $8000 is a lot for a shotgun price one of the those :wink:

According to the BATF less than 2% of the crimes commited with guns are on the banned list. To add to that even the banned ones are still grandfathered in and availible to purchase. I use them for hunting I use them for target practice. I have a whole lot of the so-called assault weapons just because I like them and I always have Part of the reason I joined the Army when I was a kid.

There are laws in place to prevent was happened on Colorado that day they just were never enforced or acted upon.
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:41 pm

"A shotgun, (an $8000 one at that) is a lot less likely to be used in a crime due to cost, size, reload rate, etc. A pistol, or other such type of assualt gun, is very likely to be used, due to it's compact size, lower cost (as you mentioned) and they reload faster. I, and no one else really, is arguing for a ban on gun sales on those used for hunting, etc. Those used for crimes and assualts are another thing."

You asked him to support his points and then you don't support your own. Go ahead, support this point with fact. I dare you.

And while you are at it, I would like you to explain this statement and how it actually pertains to me as it was semi-gibberish. I think I understand, but I'd like you to clarify it.

"I find it lovely that that is what most "gun nuts" (as JamieW, and wicked1 like to put it) react to when someone attempts to use America's political system as it was meant (as you and I are) rather than just supporting the majority and leaving the minority in the dust."
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby ClayBuster on Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:43 pm

It's about time one of you two showed up :lol:
Rick
ClayBuster
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to The Beer Garden