Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Legalize It!

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Legalize it?

Yes, I have my own mind
30%
No, I believe all the propoganda
70%

Total votes : 10

Legalize It!

Postby leg4li2ed0pe on Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:14 pm

Don't criticize it!
leg4li2ed0pe
CD-RW Thug

Postby aviationwiz on Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:18 pm

If I said "Yes, I have my own mind" I would be saying that I buy all the propoganda bullshit on your side of the story, :lol:
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby leg4li2ed0pe on Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:20 pm

Theres alot more of it on the prohibition side.
leg4li2ed0pe
CD-RW Thug

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:07 pm

Legalize what? :wink:
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby JamieW on Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:08 am

Your poll and line of reasoning are invalid. You are presenting the reader with a false dilemma. There are antidisestablishmentarianists with valid reasoning as to why it shouldn't be legal. I don't accept it, but it doesn't lessen the logic. There are also mindless college drones out there regurgitating whatever the nearest hippy spouts off trying to swim against the mainstream. That you consider only those in your camp as being of free mind and those outside of your school of thought to be subjugated by propaganda is indicative of your inability to promote change through education but rather by condascension. And you will probably grow more and more incensed with those who try to placate and give lip service to those desiring change. You aren't going to win that battle as the status quo is the empowered ace up the sleeve with the tactics you are attempting to use.

This is assuming you are talking about legalizing marijuana. Maybe you should have burned up fewer of your cells and spent more time in writing and logic classes if that is the case.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby JamieW on Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:12 am

I forgot to add. I was going to vote "yes, I have my own mind" until I realized that voting in this poll would only be enabling the mindless ramblings of the vocal ineptitude of masses for pro-legalization. It is the mass effect of that inept mass which invalidates what could otherwise be a logically and validly constructed argument for legalization. I cannot help you damage a cause I believe in.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby UALOneKPlus on Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:46 am

aviationwiz wrote:If I said "Yes, I have my own mind" I would be saying that I buy all the propoganda bullshit on your side of the story, :lol:

Who's in your avatar?
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:51 am

UALOneKPlus wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:If I said "Yes, I have my own mind" I would be saying that I buy all the propoganda bullshit on your side of the story, :lol:

Who's in your avatar?

Paul David Wellstone, Former MN Senator.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby LoneWolf on Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:14 pm

I remember hearing all about polls in a government class a number of years back. This one is a typical example of what happens when someone posts the answers in a leading manner, indicating a bias, and also pressuring others, thus furthering that bias and attempting to skew a poll to result in the answers they want to hear, rather than what may be.

Perhaps a simple Yes/No would be a better option next time?
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Apr 27, 2004 3:53 pm

LoneWolf wrote:I remember hearing all about polls in a government class a number of years back. This one is a typical example of what happens when someone posts the answers in a leading manner, indicating a bias, and also pressuring others, thus furthering that bias and attempting to skew a poll to result in the answers they want to hear, rather than what may be.

Perhaps a simple Yes/No would be a better option next time?

Yeah, the same thing happens whenever Quebec holds a referendum about seperating from the rest of Canada... it's so lame it's not even funny!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby leg4li2ed0pe on Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:12 pm

JamieW wrote:There are antidisestablishmentarianists with valid reasoning as to why it shouldn't be legal.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this since antidisestablishmentarianists are people opposed to the disestablishment of the Church of England. As for the rest of what you said you take this poll way to seriously. This is a little poll on some forums and yes I am expressing my personal opinion in the poll. I know it is not a well designed poll. Hell I didn't even say what I was asking people about the legalization of. I think you are correct that there are some with more valid reasons than others for not using it. However the majority of the people that think it should not be legal in this country feel that way do to propoganda. Most are told from a young age that its evil and that is that. Those that feel it is just not benificial to where they want to go in life can make that choice on their own without having it be illegal. I just don't think its any of the governments business.

I think we should really have a debate about the facts of the issue and not the wording of the poll. You would need to smoke 10,000 times the regular dose of weed to hit the 50% toxicity rate (when half the people at that dose would die). Compare that to alcohol which is legal. You only need 4 to 10 times the amount it takes to get drunk to die. This is just a start but I would like to start some real debate.
leg4li2ed0pe
CD-RW Thug

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:24 pm

Today, this exact question came up in Health class, someone raised her hand and said that it should be legailized, but when asked why it should be, she was like "I don't know." I then proceeded to mention this thread and said what my reply was, :lol:
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby leg4li2ed0pe on Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:32 pm

She probobly just felt awkward apposing the teacher and her peers like that. I know how that is. It can be uncomfortable in a classroom setting. I wish I had stood up for my beliefs more in health class. When I try to they are very good at making you feel uncomforable. You try and even bring up the fact that they never say the word "condum" the entire class and only use the word "abstinence" and they will make your life very dificult. Especially for teenagers who are very self concious.
leg4li2ed0pe
CD-RW Thug

Postby JamieW on Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:26 pm

You'll not find me disagreeing with you on the legalization of weed. I know full well the propaganda machine at work and the relative health costs.

By the way, antidisestablishmentarianism was a movement originally favoring state support of the church in England but has somewhat shifted to state legislation of morality according to conservative views.

Edited to add: Aviation, would you address the facts presented in the "faces of bush" thread and how you manage to reconcile that against your beliefs?
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby jase on Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:30 pm

Just admit it, it was just an excuse to say a big word....
jase
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:29 pm

No, it is the mostly the conservative republican backed by the christian coalition keeping this thing alive. If that isn't appropriate use, I don't know what is.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby jase on Thu Apr 29, 2004 6:40 pm

Perhaps I should have added a j/k at the end :wink:
jase
CD-RW Player

Postby dhc014 on Sun May 02, 2004 2:31 am

aviationwiz wrote:I then proceeded to mention this thread and said what my reply was, :lol:

Did anyone actually know what a "thread" was?
dhc014
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sun May 02, 2004 2:53 am

dhc014 wrote:
aviationwiz wrote:I then proceeded to mention this thread and said what my reply was, :lol:

Did anyone actually know what a "thread" was?

In all honesty, I have no idea, beats me, I don't think so though. I think they got a rough idea of it being something like an internet chat room or message board.

I said something like "There's a thread on a web site that I frequent..." so hopefully they got the idea, with some of the kids in my school though, would not surprise me one bit if they didn't, good chap. (good chap said in british accent)
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Return to The Beer Garden