Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Windows not playing nice with CD Burner

Burn baby burn!

Windows not playing nice with CD Burner

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sun May 02, 2004 1:34 am

now, I don't wanna hear any LiteON jokes over this, ok? :wink:

Basically, I'm hooking up 3 CD burners and 2 HDDs in the same computer. One HDD is SATA, and on a seperate controller (PCI Card). The other HDD is the primary master on the motherboard (MSI mobo). The 3 CD Burners are primary slave, secondary master, and secondary slave (no Politically correct crap either :wink: ).

As you've probably guessed, it's the Primary Slave drive (LiteON 48125W) that is not existing in windows. The bios recognizes it fine though, and I can even boot off of it I think, and it works fine EVERYWHERE else. I tried re-installing ASPI 4.6 but that didn't help.

Any ideas? I really wanna get my system going with the 3 burners. if all else fails I can always remove one of them... but it would be *PERFECT* if I can get those three on that one machine.

Thanks!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby hoxlund on Sun May 02, 2004 2:34 am

well ive got pioneer 106s (16x dvd-rom) secondary master, pioneer dvr-107d secondary slave, Plextor premium primary slave, 40gb primary master, 160gb primary master on onboard RAID

other then that i would check burner in another computer or reflash it
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Re: Windows not playing nice with CD Burner

Postby aviationwiz on Sun May 02, 2004 2:51 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:now, I don't wanna hear any LiteON jokes over this, ok? :wink:

Lite-On sucks, get a Plextor :wink:

Sorry, never would have said it if you wouldn't have said that first line...
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sun May 02, 2004 3:02 am

It's ok Aviationwiz, I was pretty much baiting you on that one to begin with :wink:

Anyways, problem resolved. I feel like a newbie for letting this one get by me...

In the hardware manager, under the IDE device controller settings... I had it set to "none" for the primary slave, instead of Auto Detect. Once I switched it back, it worked fine. I have no idea why it was set that way to begin with, but at least it works now.

Thanks anyways guys!
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives