Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Mad Dog Dominator 6 in 1 8x Burner $89.99 after rebate

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Mad Dog Dominator 6 in 1 8x Burner $89.99 after rebate

Postby hydrogen on Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:24 pm

Microcenter has the Mad Dog Dominator 6 in 1 8x Burner for $129.99 - $40 mail in rebate = $89.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0169433

People have said they have gotten Nec 2500a drives. So, it might be a Nec 2500a drive.
hydrogen
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:05 am

Anybody ever received a Mad Dog Rebate?

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:31 am

Not me, that's for sure! :x :evil: I always advise people to avoid Mad Dog for just that reason.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby CowboySlim on Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:37 am

Me neither, but because I never bought Mad Dog having read your previous advice. :P

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:50 am

me neither, as i am living in a Rebate-Free country. :o
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby BoGMan1a on Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:37 pm

WOW, did you all get a look at the specs on that thing! I think it must be an April fools thing :lol:. Unless I missed seeing a drive with these specs reviewed somewhere else, I think that maybe there will be some unhappy buyers.

Product Specifications-
32x CD Write Speed
16x CD Rewrite Speed
40x CD Read Speed
8x DVD+ Write Speed
8x DVD+ Rewrite Speed
8x DVD- Write Speed
8x DVD- Rewrite Speed
12x DVD Read Speed
1x DVD-RAM Write Speed

DVD Writing Modes
Multisession (DVD+R), Sequential, Random Access (DVD+RW), Multisession (DVD-R), Random Access (DVD-RW)

CD Writing Modes
Track-at-once, disk-at-once, session-at-once, multisession, fixed and variable packet

Readable Media Formats
DVD±R, DVD±RW, DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, CD-DA, CD+(E) G, CD-MIDI, CD-TEXT, CD-ROM, CD-ROM XA, CD-I, CD-I Bridge (Photo-CD, Video-CD), Multi-session CD (Photo CD, CD-Extra, CD-R, CD-RW, Portfolio), CD-RW No DVD-RAM mentioned here

Writable Media Formats
DVD-RAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-RW, CD-R

Playable Media Formats
DVD-ROM, Video DVD, CD ROM, CD-DA, CD-Extra, Video CD

edit- I wanted to add that this is according to the link at the top of this post.
Main Computer:
ASUS A7N8X deluxe
AMD Athlon XP2500
1Gb PC3200
6600GT AGP
BENQ 1620
NEC 3500AG
Lite-on 52246S
Lite-on LTC-48161H
1 Tb of internal HDD space
750+ Gb external storage
Dual Boot Win2000Pro/XP Home
BoGMan1a
CD-RW Player

Postby hydrogen on Thu Apr 01, 2004 3:15 pm

I saw that. It's not true. The 8x dvd-rw and the 8x dvd+rw is a misprint. I think some of the other information is a misprint too. People have gotten the Nec 2500a drive when they bought a Mad Dog Dominator 6 in 1 8x Burner.
hydrogen
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:25 am

the 1x DVD-RAM Write Speed must be an error too.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Mad Dog Multimedia Dominator 6-in-1 Dual 8X DVD±R /±RW

Postby Mad Dog on Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:41 pm

CDRLabs Forum Members,

I am the Director of Product Development at Mad Dog Multimedia, Inc. As an avid member of the on-line community and a PC enthusiast, I saw the posting by "BoGMan1a" relevant to our Dominator 6-in-1 Dual 8X DVD±R /±RW drive. I would like to clarify and confirm that the DVD±R and DVD±RW specifications that can be found on the side of the retail box are correct. DVD±R recording speed is 8X maximum and DVD±RW recording speed is 4X maximum. The "8X±RW" comment found on the back of some of the retail boxes as well as the "1X DVD-RAM" entry on the specifications side [of the box] should not have made it to print. These typographical errors will not appear in future production runs. Thank you.
Armando DeQuesada
Mad Dog
Buffer Underrun

Postby VEFF on Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:05 pm

Welcome Mad Dog!
Thanks for clearing that up.
Burners only:
Pioneer DVR-115D
Pioneer DVR-111D
Plextor PX-716A TLA0304
Plextor PX-716A same TLA

LiteOn 52246S 52X CD-RW
LiteOn 52246S (another)
LiteOn 52327S 52X CD-RW
TDK 40X USB 2.0 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40X CD-RW
VEFF
CD-RW Player

Postby superman on Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:07 pm

Guess what happened to my rebate:

This is redicilous, you want to see the big hole on my mad dog burner box i cut out? The only barcode in the whole package.

Promotion Mad Dog Dominator 6 in 1 4X DVD-RW $40
Rebate Number 046495
Promotion Type Rebate
Submission ID 33418850
Status We are currently unable to approve your rebate for the reason listed below.

The UPC symbol or proof-of-purchase tab you submitted is not valid for this promotion.

You will receive a letter or postcard describing this problem. The letter or postcard may have instructions on how to correct this error.

Questions? Visit our customer service area.
superman
Buffer Underrun

Postby hydrogen on Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:19 pm

Is it a Mad Dog manufacturer rebate? If so call them up and tell them about it. I'm sure they will fix it. I hope you scanned the upc just in case. Did they give you a number to call?

Here's the contact page for Mad Dog. On the right is the numbe to call about rebates.
http://www.maddogmultimedia.com/contact/

Where did you buy it at? Office Max, Micro Center, or CompUSA?
hydrogen
CD-RW Player

Re: Mad Dog Multimedia Dominator 6-in-1 Dual 8X DVD±R /±RW

Postby UALOneKPlus on Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:45 am

Mad Dog wrote:CDRLabs Forum Members,

I am the Director of Product Development at Mad Dog Multimedia, Inc. As an avid member of the on-line community and a PC enthusiast, I saw the posting by "BoGMan1a" relevant to our Dominator 6-in-1 Dual 8X DVD±R /±RW drive. I would like to clarify and confirm that the DVD±R and DVD±RW specifications that can be found on the side of the retail box are correct. DVD±R recording speed is 8X maximum and DVD±RW recording speed is 4X maximum. The "8X±RW" comment found on the back of some of the retail boxes as well as the "1X DVD-RAM" entry on the specifications side [of the box] should not have made it to print. These typographical errors will not appear in future production runs. Thank you.

Thank you for posting, Armando. Now if you can address the rebate issues that many of us have had, it would help the reputation of your company a great deal.
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby superman on Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:22 am

Their stupid robot talking on the phones :@

I am very very sure I did not clip the wrong UPC into it because I cut out the rebate at different time and sent them in a different time. That would not have been a mistake at all.
superman
Buffer Underrun

Postby superman on Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:23 am

I was supposed to send the rebates to this address:

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/sectors/Rebat ... -april.pdf

I am also sure that my rebate was sent on time, this was the first product's UPC i clipped out and was sent out immediately because I have a 49c stamp ready for this mail. The other rebates were not ready yet because I didnt have stamps to USA at that time.
superman
Buffer Underrun

Postby hydrogen on Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:47 am

Did you call this number?
866-782-5604

This is the web site that is handling your rebate.
http://www.rebatestatus.com/
hydrogen
CD-RW Player

Postby superman on Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:41 pm

That was the url I checked for my rebate.

I know this is cruel to your company, but your rebate dept is a scam. I sent out this at a different time than my other rebates because I live in Canada and I only have canadian stamps at that time.
superman
Buffer Underrun

Postby BoGMan1a on Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:53 am

I am not sure if you are directing that last post at Hydrogen, but if you are then you are seriously in the wrong. He is in no way affiliated with Mad Dog, and is just trying to help out as he himself has had a few issues with this company in the past. If I am mistaking the intention of your post then forgive me, but I wanted to set you straight before you start chastising people on the forum that are actually attempting to help you out. I do, however, hope that you can resolve your issues with the rebate that was being discussed.
Main Computer:
ASUS A7N8X deluxe
AMD Athlon XP2500
1Gb PC3200
6600GT AGP
BENQ 1620
NEC 3500AG
Lite-on 52246S
Lite-on LTC-48161H
1 Tb of internal HDD space
750+ Gb external storage
Dual Boot Win2000Pro/XP Home
BoGMan1a
CD-RW Player

Re: Mad Dog Dominator 6 in 1 8x Burner $89.99 after rebate

Postby goodknight on Mon May 03, 2004 6:03 pm

hydrogen wrote:Microcenter has the Mad Dog Dominator 6 in 1 8x Burner for $129.99 - $40 mail in rebate = $89.99
http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0169433

People have said they have gotten Nec 2500a drives. So, it might be a Nec 2500a drive.

One and the same, with exception. Mad Dog has a "2" year warrenty!
Gary Ritter
goodknight
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Mon May 03, 2004 7:45 pm

goodknight wrote:One and the same, with exception. Mad Dog has a "2" year warrenty!

I imagine a Mod Dog "warranty" is about as good as one of their rebates. In other words, it is probably not any good at all. They don't honor their rebates in the experience of me and many others (just check superman's posts in this thread), so I have no reason to suspect that they honor their warranties either. Thirty-day, two-year, fifty-millenia warranty - when it is an empty promise it doesn't really matter how long you make it. :roll: In my experience Mad Dog is just a bunch of cheating theives.

I've said it before, and I will say it again: don't give your business to Mad Dog! If you do, you do so at your own peril. Ask superman if he now wishes he had followed my advice.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby goodknight on Mon May 03, 2004 10:25 pm

cfitz wrote:
goodknight wrote:One and the same, with exception. Mad Dog has a "2" year warrenty!

I imagine a Mod Dog "warranty" is about as good as one of their rebates. In other words, it is probably not any good at all. They don't honor their rebates in the experience of me and many others (just check superman's posts in this thread), so I have no reason to suspect that they honor their warranties either. Thirty-day, two-year, fifty-millenia warranty - when it is an empty promise it doesn't really matter how long you make it. :roll: In my experience Mad Dog is just a bunch of cheating theives.

I've said it before, and I will say it again: don't give your business to Mad Dog! If you do, you do so at your own peril. Ask superman if he now wishes he had followed my advice.

cfitz

Well, I guess I'll pull the reins back on this purchase. At least until I see some positive feedback about Mad Dog.
Gary Ritter
goodknight
Buffer Underrun

Postby goodknight on Tue May 04, 2004 6:17 pm

goodknight wrote:
cfitz wrote:

cfitz

Well, I guess I'll pull the reins back on this purchase. At least until I see some positive feedback about Mad Dog.

I made a trip to office max to query the system, to find out what I could. I ran into the the following problems; The Mad Dog DVD, they had on display, with the rebates included was 8X, for a final price of $79.95.
When the sale was rang up, no rebate slips came out with it. I questioned, why? Cashier called manager over, they ran the UPC code through there system, and no rebates came out for the 8X DVD. When they went to the sale flyer, it was noted that the DVD on Sale was the 4X's DVD, Office Max had the wrong DVD on display with the sale price. refunded sale.
Gary Ritter
goodknight
Buffer Underrun

Return to Hot Deals