Home News Reviews Forums Shop

ATTN: CCampbell, dburg

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

ATTN: CCampbell, dburg

Postby compman on Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:24 am

Fellows,

Overall, I am very happy with the NBR suite. It is by far, the best CD-DVD burning software on the market. I have experimented with every program available whether it is free or proprietary. Nero is a head and shoulders above everything else in existance. However, I have seen a couple of bugs remain in the software in release after release. This concerns me.
The bugs I am referring to are the InCD usernv warning in event viewer, which was introduced several versions ago, and the NBR bug that concerns the volume label. The latter was discussed in ths forum and a fix was said to be in 6.3.1.10. The problem is said to remain in 6.3.1.15. I believe correcting problems should always take precedent over adding new features. Any programmer can agree with that statement. Of late, this does not seem to be the policy at Ahead, which I find disappointing. I am a loyal user of your software and I have always expected better than this from you guys. You have never failed to deliver before. What do you plan to do about this problem?

Compman
compman
Buffer Underrun

Postby hoxlund on Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:07 pm

you should try to calm down, hell they roll out patches like once a month

and i would highly recommend not using packet writing software such as InCD, just don't understand the need for it

if you need to burn something just burn it
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Your opinion

Postby compman on Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:00 pm

hoxlund wrote:you should try to calm down, hell they roll out patches like once a month

and i would highly recommend not using packet writing software such as InCD, just don't understand the need for it

if you need to burn something just burn it

First, I am not upset...no need to calm down. I know they post bug fixes, but the mentioned bugs are still in them. As far as InCD, that's your opinion. I find it very useful. You are the one who seems to have a need to calm down. Your post was useless.
compman
Buffer Underrun

Postby hoxlund on Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:38 pm

i wouldn't say its useless, more like public forum where i can express my opinion
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby dburg on Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:49 pm

The annoyance of usernv warning was indeed not fixed yet, I confirm. Lately we rather worked on incompatibilities, crashes* or format failures issues. But the time for warnings will come as well. I hope, soon. ;-)

(Btw, please avoid starting a thread for particular people only on a forum - it should be a place for open discussion. E-mail will be more appropriate if you feel only particular people should read it. "ATTN: CCampbell, dburg" is not much descriptive. :-? )

*: Apparently we did good progress there, as I see crash reports from Microsoft Windows Error Report dropping from release to release.
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby compman on Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:11 pm

I would be happy to e-mail you, but I don't know your e-mail address. When I've e-mailed Ahead support in the past, I haven't received a reply. I did mean for open discussion on this subject. I just wanted to make sure you and Craig saw it.
compman
Buffer Underrun

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:14 pm

Just hit the email button in his profile and on the bottom of all of his posts to email him.

It links to dburg(at)nero(dot)com
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)