Home News Reviews Forums Shop

People are stupid

What was that?

People are stupid

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:22 pm

Why do people have to be *so* stupid all the time?

Like when people try to tell me that they have contacts with the official distributor of "brand x media" for all of Canada... when I happen to work for a company which is a distributor of that media, and I happen to know that there is no single Canada only distributor.

Another one I love is when people tell me that they can buy Optodisc DVD+R9's (dual layer DVD+Rs) for $10 CDN from their "official Optodisc distributor"...

For the record, if someone is buying Optodisc in Canada, and I don't know about it, then it isn't that official! Also, Optodisc is *NOT* shipping their DVD+R9's yet... I know this for a fact! they aren't even sending out samples yet. I get advance samples of all their new media, and that ain't one of them!

Also, I really hate it when people tell me they know way more then me with regards to Optical media. Now I'm not saying that some people don't, I'm sure there are a great many people that do, and I have no problem with that. What I *DO* have a problem with is the moron's who figure out how to use DVDInfoPro for the first time, and think they've unlocked the secret of turning lead into gold!! #-o (or leaddata into Pioneer :wink: )

Ok, that's enough for now. Anyone else have to deal with a stupid customer or similar? (Hoxlund, I *KNOW* you've got some!)
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby hoxlund on Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:24 am

i sift through the retards every fucing day

but without them i would have no job

or without very elderly people asking me what happened to there solitaire i wouldn't be able to fill 3 hours of my day
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:44 am

My customers are usually smart enough to be able to really screw things up... like smart enough to author their own DVDRs, but stupid enough to *NOT* check the option for increased compatability (burns at least 1 GB). Then they come and blame me and the media. Usually I get apoligies when I help them figure out how to use the media correctly.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Return to Rants n' Raves