Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Disturbance after burning music CD

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Disturbance after burning music CD

Postby rickets.wicket on Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:07 pm

Hi

My first post here.

I seem to have encountered a problem with my burner and I think it might have something to do with Nero or something.

About 2 weeks back, I was burning my songs (mp3) fine using Nero. Nero would convert my songs to WAV and then burn them on CD.

All of a sudden, I have noticed that there are disturbances (real bad) on the CD's that I have burnt within the past two weeks. I am not sure what the problem is. I have not changed any settings and it seems to happen all by itself.

By disturbance I mean a crackling sound which would occur when we are trying to fine tune a radio.

Any help.

Thanks
rickets.wicket
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:34 pm

Have you tried the disc in other players?If so you might convert your MP3's to WAV first with CDex or Audacity.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby pranav81 on Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:52 am

Or it could also be a media related problem.Which media do you use?
Also do you apply any effects while burning in Nero?You may also try burning at lower speed,like 8X or 16X.It has helped me,when I had a Z-CLV writer.

::Pranav::
Increasingly mathematics will demand the courage to face its implications.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby hoxlund on Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:56 am

burning music at lower speeds helps, i usually do half or little more then half of my max speed

but then again im using a CRW-F1 which has audio master control
Last edited by hoxlund on Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby Spazmogen on Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:39 pm

Music: 4x.
Data: 52x

I've not had the clicks/pops at the start of songs since I started burning @ 4x.
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby rickets.wicket on Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:10 am

but the thing is that it was working fine. And then it just seems to have messed up. I have now tried uninstalling any programs i might have installed in the past two weeks but the problem still exists.!!
rickets.wicket
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:44 pm

rickets.wicket wrote:but the thing is that it was working fine. And then it just seems to have messed up. I have now tried uninstalling any programs i might have installed in the past two weeks but the problem still exists.!!

Computers change constantly. In most cases this occurs when you install or un-install a program. But there are so many variables here. You really need to take some trouble shooting steps to try and find out why it's not working as it did before.

It could be poor media, dust on the optical head of the Recorder, driver conflicts, registry issues, etc.

I would recommend doing the following to try and isolate the issue.

1) Try a slower write speed as recommended. If a slower write speed resolves your issue, then we have a hardware issue. Meaning it could be the media, power to the recorder, poor cables, optical head need cleaning, old firmware on the recorder, or a recorder that needs re-alignment.

2) Take the Recorder to another system and see if you have the same probelms there. If it fails on one system but passes on another, then you know you have a conflict somewhere on the one system. Coudl be drivers, registry issues, etc.

3) Try differen audio files. Place an audio CD in your Recorder and use Nero or some other program to extract audio from the CD to your HD as WAV or MP3. Then take the WAV Or MP3 file and record back to an audio CD and see if this shows the same symptom.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)