Home News Reviews Forums Shop

software to add still pictures to DVD?

DVD and Blu-ray Disc authoring, editing, copying and transcoding.

software to add still pictures to DVD?

Postby Coyote on Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:59 pm

Is there any software that will add still pictures to DVD?
I don't want them output in a slideshow in MPEG2 format, which is what most software like Nero Vision Express does. I want the original picture (jpeg) displayed and be able to flip through the pictures with my remote.

I just want to make a folder on the DVD and add it to the main menu, that allows any DVD player, access to view these pictures.
Coyote
CD-RW Thug

Postby pika2000 on Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:59 am

VCD/DVD slideshows use MPEG. What you need is a DVD player that can view JPEG pictures directly. That way, you just burn your JPEGs as standard data CD.
pika2000
CD-RW Thug

Postby Coyote on Fri Jul 30, 2004 1:46 am

Yes, but I have several DVD movies I bought, which have some extra content on them. These pictures are shown as stills, and you can use your remote to flip through them.

If Hollywood can add still images to a DVD to flip through, how come there are no consumer products that do the same?
Coyote
CD-RW Thug

Postby pika2000 on Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:09 am

They're MPEG/vob too, not JPEGs. If you put the DVD in your computer, you won't find any JPEG files. The remote thing depends on how you author the slideshow VCD/DVD. You can set it up for auto slideshow every x seconds, or each pictures loop infinitely until you press the remote. Nero itself can do this. Create a new VCD template, drag-n-drop all your JPEGs, and set the pause to infinite. If you want to make menus, etc, then you'll need Nero Vision Express to author a more complex DVD.
pika2000
CD-RW Thug

Re: software to add still pictures to DVD?

Postby MikeTR on Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:22 pm

Coyote wrote:Is there any software that will add still pictures to DVD?
I don't want them output in a slideshow in MPEG2 format, which is what most software like Nero Vision Express does. I want the original picture (jpeg) displayed and be able to flip through the pictures with my remote.

I just want to make a folder on the DVD and add it to the main menu, that allows any DVD player, access to view these pictures.

Canopus Imaginate might just do the trick:http://www.canopus.us/US/products/Imaginate2/pm_imaginate2.asp
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
MikeTR
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD and Blu-ray Disc Authoring