Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Installed Easy Media Creator 7 along with Nero 6 and now InC

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Installed Easy Media Creator 7 along with Nero 6 and now InC

Postby bobmitchell on Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:58 pm

I can no longer write to CD-RW or DVD+RW or -RW. Seems that even though InCD loads on startup...I keep getting "disk write protected or full" message and cannot write using 4.2.9.1. I did NOT install Drag to Disk when I put in EMC 7. Still use Nero 6 as well.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby hoxlund on Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:14 am

haha ditch the POS EMC7... go nero forever and always
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:19 am

Yeah, I know. I have used Nero 4, 5 and now 6. I got EMC 7 because it really does a better job of picture DVD's and the Slide show is incredible. Nero is just short there....other than that I am Nero all the way. But now, I had to restore my drive from the backup I did before I installed EMC and leave well enough alone...$$$ down the drain.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby hoxlund on Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:29 am

ohh, you mean you paid for EMC7, do you need a shoulder to cry on?
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby pranav81 on Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:07 am

hoxlund wrote:ohh, you mean you paid for EMC7, do you need a shoulder to cry on?

Dont joke hox.I havent used EMC 7,but I have been using EZCD 6 Platinum and I like it.

::Pranav::
Increasingly mathematics will demand the courage to face its implications.
pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:46 am

You like Easy Coaster Creator?

My friend, let me show you some innovative software that doesn't produce coasters most often. The software is called Nero Burning ROM, from a company named Ahead. You may find this url very informational, Nero Burning ROM Website.

:lol:

=D>
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby sqlb on Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:43 am

Really. I can only speak from experience. I've burned around 30+ DVDs on EMC7 without a single failure and around 40+ DVDs witn Nero 6 which prdouced around 40% coasters. Using 2 NEC 2510A, Sony DRU-700A and 2 Plextor 708 drives.

EMC 7 is slower but definitely more reliable than Nero 6 though build 6.3.117 seems to be the best Nero version yet.
sqlb
CD-RW Thug

Postby pranav81 on Sun Jul 04, 2004 1:12 am

aviationwiz wrote:You like Easy Coaster Creator?

My friend, let me show you some innovative software that doesn't produce coasters most often. The software is called Nero Burning ROM, from a company named Ahead. You may find this url very informational, Nero Burning ROM Website.

:lol:

=D>

Thanks a lot,my friend,for the information.

FYI I have been using EZCD since version 3 without any problems.The last time I got a coaster was a couple of years before when I had the older 8X drives without buffer underrun protection.

I have also been using Nero only from Nero 5.I like it.It too has never failed.But I have faced occasional problems with it.Those problems still remain unsolved.

pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Sun Jul 04, 2004 2:16 am

I reiterate. I USE Nero for 99% of my burning needs. I got EMC7 because it does a better job of burning 720 x 480 DVD's with pictures, transitions and music...and Frankly...the final output looks better from EMC 7. The final output is better than Nero's...with that said...all my music, multisession, etc. is done with Nero 6. The only problem I had was when I installed EMC 7 and had it cohabitate with Nero...I lost the use of InCD....even though windows loaded it on startup. I DID NOT install Drag to Disk...so there should not have been a conflict with InCD at all. I could put an InCD formatted disk into my LiteOn or Plextor drive....I could read the disk...but I could not write to it with InCD, nor would InCD acknowledge that my DVD+RW, nor CD-RW were writable. Odd problem to have...but the EMC 7 install did something to disable certain parts of InCD 4.2.9.1.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby pranav81 on Mon Jul 05, 2004 5:24 am

Yes.It is found that InCD does not work when EZCD is installed,even when Drag-To-Disc is not installed.InCD has never worked for me and Drag-To-Disc has never failed me.

pranav81
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:13 pm

I'll see if I can duplicate this issue and if I can, I'll generate a bug report on this issue.

Too many users these day's have both EMC7 and Nero on their systems to ignore an issue such as this, or to simply respond that you need to use one or the other.

I'll let you know my findings. I will not be able to get to this till next week though.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:37 pm

I appreciate anything you can find out!

Thank You

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:59 pm

Hi BobMichell,

We have confirmed there is defineately a problem when you have InCD 4 installed on a system with EMC 7.

We even downgraded to InCD 4.2.14.0 and the symptoms are even worse with this older version, as the system hangs.

However, downgrading to InCD 4.1.0.0 resolved all issues. Still too early to say if the problem is caused by InCD 4 or EMC7. Regardless of fault, we will hopefully be able to resolve the issue.

A bug report has been generated. Hopefully we can resolve this before the next release of InCD 4.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby panicinyearzero on Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:36 am

hoxlund wrote:[haha ditch the POS EMC7... go nero forever and always]

I thought I heard so much about how buggy Nero 6 was? Are you favoring Nero 6 over EMC7, or Nero 5.XX?
panicinyearzero
Buffer Underrun

Postby bobmitchell on Thu Jul 15, 2004 10:37 am

If you're asking me! Nero 6 is the absolute best. As far as Picture DVD's and slideshows...I really like EMC7...but all else goes to Nero. I prefer InCD...for it's ease of use.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby panicinyearzero on Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:36 pm

Well, I'm sure you are right, as the posters here seem to have a great knowledge of the software available. Maybe I'm thinking of when Nero 6 first came out, I heard a lot of talk of how Nero was no longer what it once was, and how many bugs were in version 6. Personally, I don't do many complicated burning things, so as long as I can burn ISO to disc, and cue/bin files to disk (aside from audio CD's and DVD video), I don't yet have a need for whatever else Nero has. I have heard about the good things EMC7 does with slides and pics, so I may buy both. Thanks.
panicinyearzero
Buffer Underrun

Nero update & upgrade policies

Postby Rich on Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:24 am

Hi,

Interesting stuff in this topic.

I have some questions; later; but to put my 2 cents in;

I started with NTI and loved it back in the 2x days.

Then I got Roxio ECDC 5 basic with my Teac 16x10x40 and loved it. At the time I well knew the undeniable reputation of Adaptec for their hardware and have always felt pretty confident of their quality.

Since the time of the Teac I've played with a version or two of Nero's demos and have noticed a clear time savings.

When I got my Memorex (liteon) 52x24x52 I got Nero 5.5.something basic and love it as well. Finally I figured out you could toggle back and forth between the wizard and nero burning rom during a single session. This made it friendly while allowing me to go into change paticular settings.

Now I got Roxio CD/DVD 6 with my Plex 712a and actually find most of it's extras to be junk compared to things from Roxio platinum. By the way when installing Roxio 6 which requires you to uninstall Roxio 5, you can go back in with 5 after and re-install some apps like Sound Stream and the Photo Relay.

Now I'm considering getting Nero 6 Ultra but have some questions.

#1 and most importantly, is Nero anywhere near going up to Nero 7?

#2 What is Nero's update/upgrade policies.
a) Do they give updates only until they go up to a new version? ie. updates for 6 until 7 comes out?

b) I remember they had some kind of upgrade when the last of the Nero 5 buyers bought during the last monts of Nero 5 but I can't remember the details.

Inshort I don't wanna buy it just to hear there is a jump to 7 about to happen.

Also will Incd read the DVD-RW's I've already made with Drag to disk?

I intend a mix like Bobmitchel but even more so. I plan to run Soundstream and PhotoRelay from Roxio 5 and ECDC Classic Creator from Roxio 6 (for occasional use) and Nero 6 for all my CD and DVD basic usage. I really have no clue between Drag to disk or InCD. I swear I always hear Nero folks touting it as better but I've never-never seen a single person write a description of how it's better and that makes the Nero tout seem just like strong opinion rather than substance.

Can somone please write some details.

One thing I had with Roxio 6 and Nero 6 was I was trying to add somthing to a dvd, or maybe it was the first burn and Nero said somthing about a 1 gig thing and wouldn't burn it. I closed nero and was burning it with Roxio 6 ECDC Classic within a minute. ??

I'm considering the Upgrade downloadable Serial number for 49 buckazoids, that'll get me the full dealeo right? (less book, CD, and box)

Thanks for any infomation details you can give me.

Rich
For Me to POOP-ON!

Burning-burning-burning Rawhide!
Rich
CD-RW Player

Re: Nero update & upgrade policies

Postby CCampbell on Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:17 am

Rich wrote:Hi,

Now I'm considering getting Nero 6 Ultra but have some questions.

#1 and most importantly, is Nero anywhere near going up to Nero 7?

#2 What is Nero's update/upgrade policies.
a) Do they give updates only until they go up to a new version? ie. updates for 6 until 7 comes out?

b) I remember they had some kind of upgrade when the last of the Nero 5 buyers bought during the last monts of Nero 5 but I can't remember the details.

Inshort I don't wanna buy it just to hear there is a jump to 7 about to happen.

Also will Incd read the DVD-RW's I've already made with Drag to disk?

I'm considering the Upgrade downloadable Serial number for 49 buckazoids, that'll get me the full dealeo right? (less book, CD, and box)

Thanks for any infomation details you can give me.

Rich

Hi Rich,

To answer your questions:

1) We will of course eventually go up to Nero 7 version. But we normally have a year to 2 years span of time between major upgrades. You can expect a Nero 7 to come up next year, but I can not say if it will be middle or end of next year.

2) Nero's Update policy is free upgrades till the next Major Release, such as Nero 6.x to Nero 7.x. And then we will offer an upgrade path that we hope is reasonable, but is less than a new purchase.

And yes, we did not feel it was right that those who had so recently purchase Nero 5.5 a few months back now had to spend more money for Nero 6 that was just released. So we set a cut off date and offered all those within that set time frame a free upgrade to Nero 6. And I'm sure will do something similar when Nero 7 comes out.

InCD 4 will read most disc's created with Roxio's DragToDisc, as long as it's not too old a version there should be no trouble.

And yes, the $49 upgrade will give you the FULL retail version of our Nero 6 Ultra Edition software.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Re: Nero update & upgrade policies

Postby Rich on Mon Jul 19, 2004 1:48 pm

CCampbell wrote:Hi Rich,

To answer your questions:

1) We will of course eventually go up to Nero 7 version. But we normally have a year to 2 years span of time between major upgrades. You can expect a Nero 7 to come up next year, but I can not say if it will be middle or end of next year.

And yes, the $49 upgrade will give you the FULL retail version of our Nero 6 Ultra Edition software.

Regards,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply.

I was just concerned that I'd buy it and 2 weeks into August Ver 7 would pop out. I'll go buy it now.

I take it from all the 'we' you said in there that your with Nero, nice to meet-cha!

........time to spend money!

AMOK TIME AMOK!

;-)

Remember old Star Trek and Spock's Amok time?

That's what I get when I give myself the ok to buy something!

AMOK!! AMOK!!

Rich
For Me to POOP-ON!

Rich
CD-RW Player

Postby Rich on Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:11 pm

All Pau!

I just bought it so I'm now an official hunky dory - okedoke - bonofide Nero Guy.

thanks again, Rich
For Me to POOP-ON!

Rich
CD-RW Player

Postby Big C on Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:15 pm

To answer bobmitchell's original question, the conflict is coming in that you have both Drag to Disk and InCD both installed. One is fighting against the other. Similar to having two antivirus or two firewalls installed - one fights with/conflicts with the other, and essentially render both usless.

InCD tends to cause the most problems, so I'd suggest uninstalling it. Drag to Disk is good, but if you have important files, burn them to a CD/DVD. CD RW and DVD RW disks have their weaknesses, and can fail.

FWIW, I've used both EMC 7 and Nero 6. EMC 7 is definitely Roxio's best release yet. Haven't run into any problems. The main problems that I found with Nero are:
1. As previously noted, their slide show creation is weak
2. Showtime is buggy. Doesn't always play DVD's correctly.
Big C
Buffer Underrun

Postby bobmitchell on Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:38 am

In my original post...I stated that I did NOT install Drag to Disk. In addition...it has been noted that there is a bug with InCD when EMC 7 is installed..all the way back to version 4.1.1.0...and hopefully there will be a fix for that bug soon.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby dburg on Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:22 am

"Also will Incd read the DVD-RW's I've already made with Drag to disk? "

Read yes, but with most recent Roxio "dual UDF format" you will not be able to write the drag to disk media. Why? Because these media are not conforming to UDF specifications ( :-( ). Ahead is not sure if it should add support for this non-UDF spec conformed media.
David Burg
Software Development, InCD Project Manager

Nero AG - Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad - Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299 http://www.nero.com
dburg
CD-RW Player

Postby bobmitchell on Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:55 am

Actually, you can write to a Drag to Disk CD-RW and also an InCD disk. I reinstalled EMC 7 and uninstalled InCD (sorry...but there has been no InCD update since June 2...over two months now)...and did a total install including Drag to Disk. In the settings...you MUST tell Drag to Disk to leave the disk alone (leave in the state that it is currently formatted) and you get UDF 1.5, just like InCD. Also, as far as DVD's...make sure that you tell Drag to Disk to use UDF 1.5 and you are fine. Yes, D2D can be non compliant...if you let it.

I am slowly moving away from packet writing...for all the programs are just not what I guess the industry envisioned.

Bob
bobmitchell
CD-RW Player

Postby sandersk on Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:31 am

Although I have been one of the biggest "advocates" of running Nero and EMC on the same machine if that was your choice -- because up until now they have coexisted "peacefully" on my computer. But just recently a conflict between the two has been identified.

They seem to play nice except when I'm trying to burn one particular Enhanced or Extra CD that has more than a dozen Word files, 4 audio tracks, and 3 mp3 files. Neither program burns it successfully. Nero refuses to burn most of the Word files, and EMC adds about a minute of silence to the end of each of the audio tracks. (Strangeness!)

Nero tech support has identified it as a conflict between the two programs and has delivered me a fix that I have not tested yet. (I suspect it will work.)

Anyway, the two had been okay together until then. The problem only seemed to start after I installed the latest Nero update -- but I haven't tried to revert back to an earlier one to see if that would fix it yet.
sandersk
CD-RW Thug

Next

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)