Home News Reviews Forums Shop

The Family Guy

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

The Family Guy

Postby smartin4 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:39 pm

I saw on Fox earlier that they are going to do a 2 hour marathon of The Family Guy on Wed., episodes handpicked by Seth M. himself. I really miss that show, haven't seen it since it went off the air (too cheap to buy the dvds), I think I know where I will be Wed night.
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:20 pm

Me too. I can't wait for the new episodes. I'm kinda sad they're gonna be on Fox though. I'd rather see Cartoon Network get them since they made the show popular after Fox ditched it.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby smartin4 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:25 pm

I still think that Fox dropped the ball when they cut Futurama. Bender rocks!!

How many other shows would have an alcoholic robot as one of their main characters?
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:36 pm

I have every single episode of both Family Guy & Futurama on DVD :) ;)
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Ian on Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:04 pm

smartin4 wrote:I still think that Fox dropped the ball when they cut Futurama. Bender rocks!!

No kidding. It didn't help that they put it on after football games. It doesn't take an idiot to figure out why its ratings were so poor. Every time a game ran over (which was all the time), they bumped Futurrama.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CowboySlim on Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:57 am

Does it have a good laugh track?

Slim
Who won't watch a program with a bad laugh track because then he doesn't know which are the funny parts.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:58 am

Family Guy definitely has a good laugh track. Prepare to roll on the floor in hysteria! :lol:
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun May 01, 2005 9:51 pm

Yes, I'm bringing back a long dead topic...

Anyone watch the new Family Guy tonite? Definitely one of the funnier ones. Then again, they've had years to think this stuff up.

I loved how they ripped on Fox for cancelling them in favor of all those other shows in the beginning.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sun May 01, 2005 10:21 pm

Ian wrote:Yes, I'm bringing back a long dead topic...

Anyone watch the new Family Guy tonite? Definitely one of the funnier ones. Then again, they've had years to think this stuff up.

I loved how they ripped on Fox for cancelling them in favor of all those other shows in the beginning.

I've watched it a few times already over the last week and a half :wink:

They broke a lot of their own rules which I didn't really like. Mel Gibson is Catholic, and so is Peter Griffon, so some of the comments both made didn't make any sense. The subplot with Stewie and Brian was great though :D

On the whole, I got the impression they were trying WAY to hard to cram WAY to much stuff into one episode... but I have high hopes that they'll get back into the swing of things in the next few epidodes to come :)

I look forward to adding more Family Guy boxsets to my collection :D
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun May 01, 2005 11:02 pm

Knowing is half the battle!
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon May 02, 2005 3:14 pm

Ian wrote:Knowing is half the battle!

I wish it had been the transformer's version of those commercials... they were way better! :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby smartin4 on Tue May 03, 2005 8:11 am

Ian wrote:Yes, I'm bringing back a long dead topic...

I also loved that bit. WHat made it funny was how long it took him to go through the list. Way to say "Hey screw you Fox, you dropped the ball with my show".

The whole Passion of the Christ 2 starring Chris Tucker and "The guy who played Jesus" was hilaious right up to the George Washington head saying, "Chick getting nailed on my head".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun May 15, 2005 11:20 pm

Tonight's episode was funny as hell.. especially the end. Here's a hint as to why.

You can download the clip here: http://www.yakface.com/clavius/FGStarWars.mpg

I have to admit that American Dad is getting funnier as well. I have a feeling its gonna get shitcanned anyway.
Attachments
Family Guy - Star Wars.jpg
Family Guy is the shiznit
Family Guy - Star Wars.jpg (16.27 KiB) Viewed 2327 times
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon May 16, 2005 1:01 am

I don't find Family Guy is as good as it was.... they're re-using old one time gags, like the chicken fight, and I find that takes away from it quite a bit. Still, the stuff with the elves, and then the starwars tribute was classic!

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Mon May 16, 2005 9:08 am

Didn't really like it tonight. It seemed like it was trying to hard, really forced. Relied too much on gimmick humor as opposed to quality writing and funny characters. Was kind of disjointed, too. Had very little direction to the humor.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Return to The Beer Garden