Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Bug 6.3.1.20

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Bug 6.3.1.20

Postby Uncle Potato on Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:51 pm

I read on July in this Forum about the new label problem, Craig said identified and will be fixed in next release, but I still think it still carries on.

It is not a big problem, but very annoying.
-> Continue session, the CD label uses the last used one.
I have to do a quick DIR of the CD to remind me what label I used for *this* CD collection, so I can rename it. Otherwise I will end up lots of miss-labelled CDs.

New found bug:
-> Click new - continue session, after the CD files are loaded (with a blue bar at the bottom), click NEW - continue session again. This opens up another window, but the bar that shows how much data is on the CD is not visible.

P.S.
I always wonder why is there a "Burn Image" under recorder but doesnt have a "Make image" function. I know how to do it...... but I guess many new hands overlooked it... BTW, changing the recorder to a fake one then back to a real one is troublesome, what is the advantage of having this "fake" recorder other than making an image ?
Uncle Potato
Buffer Underrun

Re: Nero Bug 6.3.1.20

Postby Boba_Fett on Mon Aug 23, 2004 1:49 pm

Uncle Potato wrote:I read on July in this Forum about the new label problem, Craig said identified and will be fixed in next release, but I still think it still carries on.

It is not a big problem, but very annoying.
-> Continue session, the CD label uses the last used one.
I have to do a quick DIR of the CD to remind me what label I used for *this* CD collection, so I can rename it. Otherwise I will end up lots of miss-labelled CDs.

New found bug:
-> Click new - continue session, after the CD files are loaded (with a blue bar at the bottom), click NEW - continue session again. This opens up another window, but the bar that shows how much data is on the CD is not visible.

P.S.
I always wonder why is there a "Burn Image" under recorder but doesnt have a "Make image" function. I know how to do it...... but I guess many new hands overlooked it... BTW, changing the recorder to a fake one then back to a real one is troublesome, what is the advantage of having this "fake" recorder other than making an image ?

I think Nero used to allow making ISO images, but I can't find even a proprietary image maker in the new Nero 6. I just use DVD Decryptor (for DVD) and CDRWin (for CD) to make my ISO/BIN, Nero burns them fine.
eVGA NF4 SLI mobo
Opteron 165 Dual Core 1MB cache @ 2.5ghz
2GB Mushkin DDR PC4000
2x160GB & 1x250GB 7,200RPM SATA w/NCQ
eVGA Geforce 7900 GTO 512MB PCI-e
Pioneer 111D 16x DVD burner
Onboard Sound :(
Boba_Fett
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:31 pm

The idea behind the 'Image Recorder' or 'fake recorder' as you refer to it is to allow the user to create an Image file. Be it an .NRG or .ISO image file.

And as surprising as it may sound, a number of users use our software without having a recorder connected to their system. This way they can create an Image file and have a colleague burn it to disc using their recorder.

Others have a CD recorder but not a DVD Recorder, and wish to create a DVD Image file so that they can have a colleague burn it to DVD for them.

And others wish to test the disc they wish to burn before burning, and creating an Image file and then using our Nero ImageDrive utility to mount it and run it like a CD or DVD is helpful to them.

As for the label issue, this is still being debated as to the best process to use. But due to a number of developments going on, it's on a bag burner for now.
:(

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Uncle Potato on Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:28 pm

Thanks Craig.
I remember back in V4 or V3, there isn't even a "Burn Image" on the menu.
It is then added under FILE, then later version moved to the existing position under "RECORDER"
I understand the idea of using an "image recorder", so one can create an iso or nrg. I guess "Burn Image" is added due to a lot of new users asking "how", then why not also a "Make Image from CD" to avoid confusing too?

PS. why isn't there an option to turn off that "Do you want to save the compilation"? I never reply with a "YES" out of the 200+ CD compilation I made. (I *think* you can set it not to ask again when you close the wizard, but it has no effect for the traditional mode)
Uncle Potato
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:37 pm

That is a very good suggestion, and I will make that a request for a future feature, meaning the "Make Image from CD" option.

I will also request the ability to disable the option for "Do you want to save the compilation".

It's because of suggestion like these that we have the 'Burn Image' option and others. Our users help guide us in our development. :)

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:40 pm

CCampbell wrote:It's because of suggestion like these that we have the 'Burn Image' option and others. Our users help guide us in our development. :)

Well, if that's all it takes, may I request buttons for:

1. Clean the room
2. Make a snack
3. Deposit to checking account
4. Send over attractive young woman (or man, depending on how you swing) for a visit

Not necessarily in that order. I'll add more to the list as they occur to me.

:wink:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby CCampbell on Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:50 pm

Hi cfitz,

I'll make the request, but beware what you ask for. What one person would consider an attractive young woman could possibly cause your toes to curl and your stomach to hurl. :lol:

As for request 1, 2, 3. That sounds kinda like 'marriage' to me and not sure if I would recommend it. But thats a bachlors point of view. :wink:

Especially as they tend to withdrawl faster than they deposit.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Spazmogen on Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:58 pm

And Spaz is sitting here with a big grin on his face after reading Craig's post. :D
e6400 Core 2 Duo @ 2.13ghz
GeForce 7600GT 256mb PCI-e
2gb DDR2 667mhz Patriot ram 1.8v in d/c
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 F10 BIOS
WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA300 7200RPM 16MB Buffer
Samsung SATA2 80gb 7200rpm
Samsung SH-S182D 18x DVD burner
Spazmogen
CD-RW Player

Postby Uncle Potato on Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:12 pm

CCampbell wrote:It's because of suggestion like these that we have the 'Burn Image' option and others. Our users help guide us in our development. :)

Regards,

Craig

=D>

New features like:

1. Preview of the VCD menu/back ground graphics
Now I have to guess how will it look like

2. Read an existing VCD menu from disc and let me start from there.
Uncle Potato
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)