Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Traxdata first to ship DVD+R 16X Media into Europe

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Traxdata first to ship DVD+R 16X Media into Europe

Postby Ian on Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:16 pm

Traxdata first to ship the revolutionary DVD+R 16X Media into Europe

Capelle a/d IJssel, 23th of August 2004 - Conrexx Technology B.V., the European subsidiary of the RITEK Corporation, is the first manufacturer to ship DVD 16X media into Europe demonstrating once again the company's commitment to bringing cutting edge technology to their customers first.

Through the Traxdata brand, the new 16X media can be recorded at speeds of up to 21MB per second. Now a DVD with 4.7GB can be written in just under 6 minutes making Traxdata DVD+R’s the fastest recordable media in Europe.

"People have better things to do with their time than wait for their DVDs to be burnt", said Floris Evers, Marketing Manager, Conrexx Technology (RITEK Europe). "With the new 16X DVD+R, Traxdata frees our customers' time and gives them fabulous results while storing video, music, photos or data. It's also the ideal solution for fast archiving and backups".

DVD+R 16x media is for use in DVD+R/RW drives. The product's full compatibility with DVD+ drives ensures excellent stability and reliability as well as durability. More than 2 hours of high quality video, 120 minutes of audio or 4.7GB of data can be written to a single disc making it a completely versatile storage solution.

Traxdata 16x DVD+R is available in jewel cases at a trade price of 2,99 Euros (tax included).

Editor’s Notes
Conrexx Technology B.V. is the European subsidiary of RITEK Corporation, the world's largest optical media manufacturer. In Europe, RITEK markets its products with the Traxdata brand name. Traxdata has become a leading brand in optical storage media, selling more than 35 million units of CD/DVD-R a month. The Traxdata product portfolio includes: CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, Flash Memory products, compatible ink cartridges and portable storage appliances. Visit www.traxdata.com for more information.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:16 pm

Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Wesociety on Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:18 pm

Looks nice, What will the MID be?
RITEKR04?
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby RITEK-Europe on Tue Aug 24, 2004 3:32 am

wesociety wrote:Looks nice, What will the MID be?
RITEKR04?

Yes, the MID is RITEKR04.

Best regards,
Conrexx Technology B.V. / RITEK Europe
RITEK-Europe
Buffer Underrun

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:13 am

Hrm... interesting!

So has Ritek decided to forsake their plans for the alleged 12x certified DVDR?
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby RITEK-Europe on Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:11 am

Yes we have skipped the introduction of a certified 12X DVD+R. The reason for this is first of all, there aren't many 12X burners introduced and secondly, our 8X media can be overburnt to 12X on specific burners as the results show on the following website: http://www.cdr-zone.com/review/32/pione ... ility.html As you might know the maximum writing speed for the Single Layer format has been reached with the 16X burners introduced recently. We will now focus on higher writing speeds capabilities for the DL and the introduction of the HD-DVD in the beginning of 2005.

I noticed from your signature that you are not too positive about my American colleagues. May I ask you to send a private message to us explaining what the reason for this is?
RITEK-Europe
Buffer Underrun

Postby ItalianJob on Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:33 am

Are you working with NEC to support and optimize the burning quality of your DL disks in new firmwares (NEC models 2510 and 3500 f/w 2.16 are not supporting Ritek DL discs...).

Thanks.

PS : I just see this e-mail from NEC on another forum #-o

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your request.

At this time, only the "Verbatim" Brand Double-Layer Media
will be supported. It is possible that in the future a Firmwareupdate
will be available for the next generations of the double-layer disks.

But at this time, we have no informations about the next firmware and
firmware versions and which media they include.

As soon as any firmwareupdates will be available, we will inform
about this on our website, www.de.nec.de or www.necd.de.

Kind Regards
Hakan Erdogan

Hotline Support Engineer
Service & Quality
NEC Deutschland GmbH - Reichenbachstr.1 - D-85737 Ismaning -
www.de.nec.de
Phone +49 (0) 89 96 2 74 233
Fax +49 (0) 89 96 2 74 666
"
Philips DVDR1668@BenQ DW1655 BCIB
BenQ DW1620 B7W9
LG GSA-4166B (dead)
NEC ND-2510A (retired)
ItalianJob
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:07 am

RITEK-Europe wrote:I noticed from your signature that you are not too positive about my American colleagues.

LOL :lol: One might get that impression based on dolphinius_rex's signature.

Welcome to the forums, RITEK-Europe. And watch out, dolphinius_rex, they are on to you... [-X :wink:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby RITEK-Europe on Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:57 am

@ItalianJob: Yes, our colleagues in Taiwan are working closely with NEC, but so far the latest official f/w update from NEC for the 2510 only made it possible to burn our 8X discs at 8X. (instead of 4X). But at the same time Herrie (www.herrie.org) released his f/w for the 2510 which makes it able to burn our DL media without any problems! ( see: http://www.cdr-zone.com/review/15/cdr-z ... eview.html ) So, we are also surprised that NEC can't do what Herrie does, even without having any RITEK DL samples at the first place. For the 3500, NEC announced its 2.x7 f/w, which should enable RITEK DL burning. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

@cfitz: Thank you. Being present on forums like these, makes us able to inform guys like you about the latest news. Especially when they are rumours/doubts about our products.

@dolphinus_Rex: No worries. We won't hunt you down. ;) I only want to know how we can improve the information flow, so you'll change your signature... :)
RITEK-Europe
Buffer Underrun

Postby ItalianJob on Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:41 am

Thanks for the info and the DL test. (I didn't understand the bitsetting problem with herrie hack : WinBType doesn't work with herrie 2.16 supporting Ritek DL ?)

I hope that NEC will not concentrate on ND-3500A only and give us an official ND-2510A firmware not too late... (or send back some money to herrie for doing this job so soon !)
BenQ DW1620 B7W9
LG GSA-4166B (dead)
NEC ND-2510A (retired)
ItalianJob
CD-RW Player

Postby Silentbob343 on Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:06 am

RITEK-Europe

If you click on dolphinus_Rex's sig it will take you to a thread in another forum. This thread talks about how some bad RITEK media was shipped back to RITEK from a major retailer here in the US, Office Depot, and appears to have been redistributed by RITEK to on-line vendors.

Here is a quote from the thread starter, "I had a frind who is working for Ritek USA told me that this type of package on Ritek product is all "RMA" from officedepot! make sure to watch out what you are buying out there! Red package one with Ridata brande is only one good and so is those silver top or silver matt one!"

If you can shed some light on this that would be great. Perhaps he has already sent you a PM and if he has you don't have to respond to this.
Silentbob343
CD-RW Player

Postby ItalianJob on Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:52 am

I mean, Ritek EUROPE should answer this NEC "point of view"
over their brand... I just got this answer to an official Ritek DL
support request for my NEC 2510 :o

I was asking me something : why didn't you work with NEC
to support your DL disc prior to ship/sell them to us ?

=======================================

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for your request.

As soon as our engineers and technicans has tested in the labors the
quality of these brand and the results were acceptable or constantly, this will added to the firmwarerelease.

Please remark also, that at this time there were several troubles with this
brand media and therefore there were several tests needed.

The only supported DL Media at this time is from the brand "Verbatim",
which has a acceptable and constantly quality and can used without any troubles.

Kind Regards

.../...

Hotline Support Engineer
Service & Quality
NEC Deutschland GmbH - Reichenbachstr.1 - D-85737 Ismaning -
www.de.nec.de
Phone +49 (0) 89 96 2 74 233
Fax +49 (0) 89 96 2 74 666"
BenQ DW1620 B7W9
LG GSA-4166B (dead)
NEC ND-2510A (retired)
ItalianJob
CD-RW Player

Postby RITEK-Europe on Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:23 am

At this moment there are almost 10 brands of DVD Writers that can burn our DL media without any problems. Do you think that the incompability with the NEC Writers is due to the fact 'we didn't cooperate with them enough' or that there might be another reason? So far, we do our best to push NEC but that's all we can do. Until then, we are grateful that there are guys such as Herrie. (who's working on his fw for the 3500 already)
RITEK-Europe
Buffer Underrun

Postby ItalianJob on Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:39 am

RITEK-Europe wrote:At this moment there are almost 10 brands of DVD Writers that can burn our DL media without any problems

10 brands ? Including Pioneer (NEC chip) and Liteon clones perhaps...

RITEK-Europe wrote:So far, we do our best to push NEC but that's all we can do.

Ok, I'll buy a Pioneer next time :D NEC is far too slow and conservative with firmware release... :wink:
BenQ DW1620 B7W9
LG GSA-4166B (dead)
NEC ND-2510A (retired)
ItalianJob
CD-RW Player

Postby RITEK-Europe on Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:49 am

ItalianJob wrote:
RITEK-Europe wrote:At this moment there are almost 10 brands of DVD Writers that can burn our DL media without any problems

10 brands ? Including Pioneer (NEC chip) and Liteon clones perhaps...
:) Yep.

RITEK-Europe wrote:So far, we do our best to push NEC but that's all we can do.

Ok, I'll buy a Pioneer next time :D NEC is far too slow and conservative with firmware release... :wink:

:) Good idea!
RITEK-Europe
Buffer Underrun

Postby Wesociety on Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:59 am

RITEK-Europe wrote:Until then, we are grateful that there are guys such as Herrie. (who's working on his fw for the 3500 already)

With all of this acknowledgement of Herries' work, don't you think you should AT LEAST send him a bunch of discs?
Email: herrie AT rpc1.org
=D>
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:16 pm

wesociety wrote:
RITEK-Europe wrote:Until then, we are grateful that there are guys such as Herrie. (who's working on his fw for the 3500 already)

With all of this acknowledgement of Herries' work, don't you think you should AT LEAST send him a bunch of discs?
=D>

I wonder if they'll send him the standard *1pc* like what I got.... I still haven't decided which of my two dual layer burners I want to risk coastering it on :evil:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby RITEK-Europe on Thu Aug 26, 2004 2:30 am

wesociety wrote:

=D>

You don't have to speak up for Herrie. Unlike other brands, we send our (press) contacts a minimum of 5 DL discs. Herrie has received two sets already, and he will receive the +R 16X in short time. Besides being important for the NEC owners, he's from Holland, like us. So we treat him even better. :wink: And although many may think we always go 'Dutch', we don't cut down on sending samples.
RITEK-Europe
Buffer Underrun

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Aug 26, 2004 4:38 am

RITEK-Europe wrote: And although many may think we always go 'Dutch', we don't cut down on sending samples.

umm... you've never been to Advanced Media have you? But it doesn't surprise me that Ritek's Europe division is not as bad for samples, since you guys always get the cool stuff first! :cry:

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:28 am

RITEK-Europe wrote:You don't have to speak up for Herrie. Unlike other brands, we send our (press) contacts a minimum of 5 DL discs. Herrie has received two sets already, and he will receive the +R 16X in short time. Besides being important for the NEC owners, he's from Holland, like us. So we treat him even better. :wink: And although many may think we always go 'Dutch', we don't cut down on sending samples.
I was unaware of this. And since Herrie does not participate on this forum normally, I took the opportunity to 'speak up' for him.
Good job Ritek-Europe! =D>
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby KDH on Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:58 pm

KDH
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:04 pm

I got some of these media yesterday. It's Ritek R04. I haven't tried it with the 3500A or 108, but the 1633S based drives don't recognize it.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Return to DVD Writers