Home News Reviews Forums Shop

USPS Has Bloody Problems

What was that?

USPS Has Bloody Problems

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:57 am

OK, so a spin off from my FedEx thread. Got a package back today that I just shipped yesterday, it's going overseas, to Germany. So I get it back with a message like "Due to hightened security since 9/11, all packages over 16 oz. must be presented to a retail clerk" Which I did! I brought it into the post office with a signed customs form, and gave it to them. On the customs form it states "May be opened officialy" why didn't they just open it? Who knows. Chances are I'm looking at one unhappy customer. :(
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Re: USPS Has Bloody Problems

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:43 pm

aviationwiz wrote:OK, so a spin off from my FedEx thread. Got a package back today that I just shipped yesterday, it's going overseas, to Germany. So I get it back with a message like "Due to hightened security since 9/11, all packages over 16 oz. must be presented to a retail clerk" Which I did! I brought it into the post office with a signed customs form, and gave it to them. On the customs form it states "May be opened officialy" why didn't they just open it? Who knows. Chances are I'm looking at one unhappy customer. :(

Oh crap! That's the package I think it is, isn't it?? :o #-o :evil:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:14 pm

Yeap, Yeap, Yeap... :(
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Jun 30, 2004 2:02 pm

...... :cry:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Jun 30, 2004 9:49 pm

Re-shipped, made sure the guy stamped it in front of me this time. The guy even recognized me from yesterday when I brought it in, LOL. He also knew who it was that didn't stamp it, LOL. Ah well, sometimes the employee's suck, sometimes thier great.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Matrix3 on Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:58 pm

The reason why your package returned is because clerk didn't stamp it. In general, you can print your own postage and then drop the package in the mail box but all 16 Oz packages or heavier must be inspected by post office clerk or any other establishment that accepts packages. Check any mail box in the street and see the warning about 16 Oz packages. This applies not only for foreign but for deomestic destinations as well.
Matrix3
Buffer Underrun

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:47 pm

aviationwiz wrote:Re-shipped, made sure the guy stamped it in front of me this time. The guy even recognized me from yesterday when I brought it in, LOL. He also knew who it was that didn't stamp it, LOL. Ah well, sometimes the employee's suck, sometimes thier great.

I'm surprised you didn't go "postal" on the guy who didn't stamp the package!! :wink: :lol:

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Thu Jul 01, 2004 7:18 pm

This election is about character. It’s between John Kerry, who left no man behind... and George W. Bush, who simply left.

Maybe it ought to be about the USPS that left your package behind.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby dejo on Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:27 am

You can rag all you want on Fexex and UPS but the worst service of all is the USPS, they charge more and take longer and all of the bad things you hear of.
dejo
Buffer Underrun

Postby aviationwiz on Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:21 pm

dejo wrote:You can rag all you want on Fexex and UPS but the worst service of all is the USPS, they charge more and take longer and all of the bad things you hear of.

The USPS (for small packages) has the lowest rates around, when you get into larger shipments, then the privates become cheaper.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby CowboySlim on Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:30 am

Have you considered Greyhound?

slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Return to Rants n' Raves