Home News Reviews Forums Shop

DVD-RW disc problem

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

DVD-RW disc problem

Postby Thomlar on Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:53 pm

Hi...

I just bought a LG DVD-RW burner with powerproducer gold and bsgold, my problem is that whenever i burn a movie or mp3 files to a DVD-RW disc and try to play it on my dvd it just wont play...it just says wrong disc...ive tried other burner programs too but they havent worked either dou you guys know what the problem could be?

With Regards

Thomas Larsen

Postby extreme on Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:35 pm

I never use DVD-RW disc so I don't know the solution to your problem. You can try and burn the data to a DVD-R disc and see if that's the problem. I always use DVD-R so everything works for me.

You might also try the disc on a different DVD player and see if the DVD-RW disc will play in another DVD Player. Not all DVD Player are created equal.
extreme
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:46 pm

maybe media problem? try different media.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby AlienTech on Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:50 am

I have had problems with CPRM. Well I didnt know there was any until the player gave me an error. But the disk worked just fine on the computer. So now I just use the RW disk for data rather than movies. The -R disks I use does not seem to have any of the authoring stuff in it.

Media Information
Disc Regions are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Media code/Manufacturer ID JVC_VictorW7
Format Type UDF 1.02
Volume Name minority report
Disc Type DVD-RW
Book Type DVD-RW
Manufacturer
Media ID JVC_VictorW7
Protection System CPRM
Region 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8
Format Capacity 4.38 GB
Formatted No
Capacity 4.38 GB
Free Size 0.01 GB
Free Blocks 4464
Number of Layers 1
Linear Density 0.267 um/bit
Track Density 0.74 um/track
Maximum Read Speed 8.0x
Maximum Write Speed 2.0x
Current Write Speed 2.0x CLV
Write Speed Performance Descriptor 1 2.0x CLV

What is Content Protection for Recordable Media?
Sometimes analog or digital broadcasts (typically in Japan) are identified to allow only one copy to be made by a viewer and by using the Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM) system, such material can be encrypted and recorded once to a writable DVD disc. As it is currently marketed, CPRM is an option found only in some consumer electronics (CE) DVD recorders that write DVD-RW and DVD-RAM discs using the DVD Video Recording format (DVD-VR). This allows material specifically flagged “copy once” to be written to a single disc but prevents that disc from then being further duplicated. This is accomplished by binding the content to the particular disc through encryption employing, among other things, a code (media identifier) unique to each writable disc compliant with the CPRM system. This one-off code is inserted at the factory into the special Narrow Burst Cutting Area (NBCA) of a DVD-RW or Burst Cutting Area (BCA) of a DVD-RAM disc and, as such, cannot be duplicated by a DVD recorder.

Be aware that not all DVD players, drives and recorders that play or write DVD Video Recording formatted (DVD-VR) discs are compatible with CPRM and that not all blank DVD-RW and DVD-RAM discs are equipped with the NBCA or BCA necessary to handle CPRM content. If in doubt, consult with the hardware or disc manufacturer.

http://www.osta.org/technology/dvdqa/dvdqa7.htm
AlienTech
Buffer Underrun

Return to DVD Writers