Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Dolphinius_rex, what did I miss?

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Dolphinius_rex, what did I miss?

Postby cfitz on Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:14 pm

Your signature used to proclaim Ritek USA to be a bunch of "stupid heads", but now they are "ok in my books... or at least their very generous marketing department." What happened to change your mind?

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Re: Dolphinius_rex, what did I miss?

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:25 pm

cfitz wrote:Your signature used to proclaim Ritek USA to be a bunch of "stupid heads", but now they are "ok in my books... or at least their very generous marketing department." What happened to change your mind?

cfitz

Their marketing department sent me some very hard to get RITEKR04 media... I figured a public "thank you" was not uncalled for. Also, the sales rep assigned to my account has been switched (again! that's 5 times now...). But for the first time since my very first rep at Ritek, it's going to be a woman again, so I'm looking forward to that :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby pchilson on Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:16 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:
cfitz wrote:Your signature used to proclaim Ritek USA to be a bunch of "stupid heads", but now they are "ok in my books... or at least their very generous marketing department." What happened to change your mind?

cfitz

Their marketing department sent me some very hard to get RITEKR04 media... I figured a public "thank you" was not uncalled for. Also, the sales rep assigned to my account has been switched (again! that's 5 times now...). But for the first time since my very first rep at Ritek, it's going to be a woman again, so I'm looking forward to that :wink:

So, a little graft and you do a 180... [-X
pchilson
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Oct 01, 2004 6:37 pm

pchilson wrote:So, a little graft and you do a 180... [-X

Eek! No, not at all! I'm still pissed over several other issues... but it looks like they are finally interested in resolving at least some of them. That's why I mentioned specifically the marketing department. The other departments are still in communications with me, and we'll see how things go.

Of course I'm still not happy about the whole repackaging of RMA'd goods things.... but supposedly it has not happened since :roll:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:43 pm

still, your switch to "Ritek USA is ok in my books... or at least their very generous marketing department :D " seems a bit much considering your previous opinion and the rather small change on their part.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby aviationwiz on Fri Oct 01, 2004 8:52 pm

I still think dolph over dramatized the nastiness of Ritek USA in the first place.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby ruderacer on Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:54 pm

Roxane, you don't have to wear that dress tonight, walk the street for money... :D :D
ruderacer
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:12 am

aviationwiz wrote:I still think dolph over dramatized the nastiness of Ritek USA in the first place.

And how many reps have YOU dealt with personally from Ritek? :roll:

Look, here's the fact:

I have *ALWAYS* had my own reasons for being pissed at Ritek. All I'm saying is that some of them, and NOT all of them, are being worked out.

Is that so bad?

Part of why I was pissed at Ritek is that I felt they were being rather unpleasent to me given a 3+ year profitable working relationship. And yes, I do feel a little less ignored and grated against when the person sends a care package of media for testing. I'm not saying I've forgiven them for everything... more like I'm saying, I recognize that different departments in the same building may not be populated entirely with Asses.

That being said, these are, and always have been opinions belonging to me, and I can change them for whatever reasons I see fit... so there :P

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:38 pm

Yes, I know why you didn't/don't like Ritek, I still think maybe you had a bad day once, but one thing that they did recently do is pretty shitty.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Return to The Beer Garden