Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Please read ASAP

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Please read ASAP

Postby Intimidator on Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:05 pm

We are trying to do what is right and get those voters out there that have not voted before or could not vote for one reason or another. Or as Michael Moore would say the SLACKERS. We recently attended a large training on voter protection rights. We will be at the polls working and making sure that everyone has a RIGHT to vote no matter what someone says.

You may have seen the hollywood movie by Michael Moore called Fahrenheit 911. The majority of the facts presented in the movie were true but of course there was some hollywood built in.

What you may not know is there is another TRUE documentary out there that we saw during this training process called "UNPRECEDENTED: THE 2000 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION"

Read a review of the documentary here:

http://efilmcritic.com/review.php?movie=9648

The info presented here was very EYE OPENING and we are trying to get the word out about what REALLY happened in 2000 as some of you may already know.

We need informed voters come November 2nd!

Thanks for your time!
Intimidator
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:24 pm

Oh this thread is gonna go over great with the Bush fans...
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby aviationwiz on Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:49 pm

So is that my cue to go to 'Red Standby.'?

Aviationwiz flight of 1 is on Red Standby sir, awaiting the launch command.

aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby JamieW on Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:13 pm

Anyone that uses the phrase "The majority of the facts presented in the movie were true..." immediately causes their motivation and honesty to be suspect. By definition, facts are true. Therefore, anything that was a fact was true but it doesn't say that all the points that were made are true.

You're suspect.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby JamieW on Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:21 pm

This whole thing is suspect.

These people are unbiased?

http://www.unprecedented.org/UnprecedentedLinks.htm

That's about as biased of a link list as can be created. Only thing it doesn't have is a link to www.johnkerryrulesandgeorgebushsucks.com.

Do your research before trying to pawn off biased ranting as "truth."
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby JamieW on Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:33 pm

And finally, from an interview with Joan Sekler (co-director of your "documentary") and Muslim Wake-up:

"So let’s say there was an ex-felon named Bill White; that company excluded everyone named Bill White, plus anyone named William F. White, Sr. or Jr. or Billy White, etc. Since African Americans are in the criminal justice system in disproportionate numbers, this computerized list impacted tens of thousands of African American voters who were illegally purged from the voter rolls.

To this day, we don’t know how many African Americans tried to vote on election day but were turned away at the polls because they were purged from the rolls. But we do know that when civil rights groups settled a lawsuit against Jeb Bush and the State of Florida last year, it was discovered that 95% of the 94,000 names on that list were not exact matches. Under that legal settlement, Florida is supposed to clean up that list by November 2004, in time for the next presidential election. Who knows if that will happen!"

This doesn't make sense. In the first paragraph, the second sentence does not logically follow the first. In fact, it should have the most negative impact on the ethnicity most represented by that name. She then concludes with "I don't know, but there's something that doesn't even address my point because I don't know what happened and it may not actually address my point but I'm going to use to endorse my point."

I'm done with you. Sell snake oil somewhere else.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby bill on Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:54 pm

Aviationwiz,

Start your engine :wink:
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:44 pm

very nice pic of F15.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TheWizard on Tue Oct 26, 2004 11:14 pm

My solution: Just don't vote.

In the words of Geddy Lee, "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

BTW, aviationwiz, are you even old enough to vote?
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:58 am

Don't forget to credit Neil Peart with those words. He wrote them. Geddy sang them.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby aviationwiz on Wed Oct 27, 2004 7:17 am

TheWizard wrote:BTW, aviationwiz, are you even old enough to vote?

No, :(
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby LoneWolf on Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:31 am

Michael Moore is an egotistic jerk. If he endorses anyone, that's my ticket to go the opposite way. He distorted facts to the point where they were no longer true (i.e., Person A said "quote", so Moore put the quote in a movie in such a way as to make it look like Person A was responding to Event B, even though the two were totally unrelated incidents).

As for other film documentaries, any reviewer that comes right out and says "I despise Candidate X"...well, I automatically stop reading their review. I no longer trust your objectivity. Keep your views to yourself. If you review a documentary, fact-check it, tell me if what really happened is true and an objectively presented view of the topic being documented, and then tell me about how well the film was put together by the people doing it. Leave your personal political opinions at home, you're entitled to them, I just don't want them in your review. I'll decide for myself based on the facts I can discern from the movie...but I won't watch the movie if you come out taking a side from moment one of your review.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:19 pm

JamieW wrote:Don't forget to credit Neil Peart with those words. He wrote them. Geddy sang them.

Good cover there, thanks. :) Neil is a good guy, and a good drummer.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:52 am

Too bad there can't be more than 2 clowns to vote for. I mean there is Ralph Nader, but do you really want a Presidenader?
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:28 am

I live in the city where the Green party was founded. There are a lot of Nader fans here. Too bad most of them are hippies with their idealistic heads up their asses.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby LoneWolf on Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:09 pm

UALOneKPlus wrote:Too bad there can't be more than 2 clowns to vote for. I mean there is Ralph Nader, but do you really want a Presidenader?

Heck, I'm writing in candidates this year. I don't care of some think that's throwing away my vote. I have real issues with both major candidates; I don't think either of them take the interests of the American people to heart. They don't need to sell me on themselves; they need to show me they'll do what the American people (not the corporations, not the lobbies, not the special interest groups) want them to do.

LoneWolf (McCain/Feingold 2004)
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:43 pm

LoneWolf wrote:Heck, I'm writing in candidates this year.

Write in Giant Douche

Sorry.. bad Southpark joke.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby ruderacer on Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:37 pm

It is not too late to write in***Ian*** for president.
ruderacer
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:39 pm

And remember Ian's platform:

"A vote for Ian is a vote for changing the national anthem to 'Kharma Chameleon'"

Paid for by the Ian - Boy George campaign.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby Ian on Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:30 pm

You can quote me on this..

I'd rather vote for Boy George than Bush or Kerry. That says a lot for the way I feel about the douch and turd.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby VEFF on Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:14 pm

It is amazing that in a country with a population of close to 300 million, the two choices for the highest office in the land aren't exactly inspiring...

It reminds of the last California gubernatorial election's result:
Arnold Schwarzenegger is a nice guy, but getting elected to such a high office with no political background says a lot about the state of popular sentiment in California and/or the lack of qualified applicants for the post of governor...
Burners only:
Pioneer DVR-115D
Pioneer DVR-111D
Plextor PX-716A TLA0304
Plextor PX-716A same TLA

LiteOn 52246S 52X CD-RW
LiteOn 52246S (another)
LiteOn 52327S 52X CD-RW
TDK 40X USB 2.0 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40X CD-RW
VEFF
CD-RW Player

Postby LoneWolf on Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:41 pm

VEFF wrote:It is amazing that in a country with a population of close to 300 million, the two choices for the highest office in the land aren't exactly inspiring...

It reminds of the last California gubernatorial election's result:
Arnold Schwarzenegger is a nice guy, but getting elected to such a high office with no political background says a lot about the state of popular sentiment in California and/or the lack of qualified applicants for the post of governor...

Depends on how you define "political background". Arnold has mixed with the Republican Party for many a year now. Combine this with being married to Maria Schriver (which I'm sure has given him more political exposure), and I'd say he has quite a bit more political background than the average US citizen even though he never held office up until now.

If by "political background" you mean, "holding political office", then I agree.
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:54 pm

We need another Michael Moore movie to give us the truth behind how W stole another presidential election.

Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby vinnie97 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:29 am

lol, you give that spinster too much credit
vinnie97
CD-RW Player

Postby Bhairav on Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:37 am

VEFF wrote:/or the lack of qualified applicants for the post of governor...

2 words : Mary Carey? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
:sick:
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
Bhairav
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to The Beer Garden