Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Please read ASAP

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Postby LoneWolf on Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:29 am

CowboySlim wrote:We need another Michael Moore movie to give us the truth behind how W stole another presidential election.

Slim

If Michael Moore was asked to give a true documentary about the nature of his bunghole, I don't think he could pull it off without distorting things.

The race was reasonably close, but I can see no way anyone could say the results of this election were cheated on.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby ramlin on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:57 pm

I'm a little bit lost here...I am not an American - I'm a Brit living in the holy land with an interest in current affairs. I have for the last day and a half been in an utter state of depression because of Bush's re-election. The US economy is teetering on the brink (Clinton left a budget surplus and now there's a half a trillion deficit), he went to war in Iraq for no valid reason (other than he didn't like Sadam Hussein), has left most of the world hating his/America's guts, will not sign the Kyoto accords, has done nothing for the poor (but hey - Estate Tax will be abolished and taxes on dividends will also be abolished), left the Middle East to fester in death and misery ...the list goes on. The US is a great nation - an example to us all - but the re-election of George W. (with a majority of the popular vote to boot) has left me depressed and wondering that it may just be true - there are turkeys that vote for Christmas.
"There was never a time when I did not exist, nor you. Nor will there be any future in which we shall cease to be."
ramlin
CD-RW Thug

Postby UALOneKPlus on Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:32 pm

I'm no Bush supporter, but go to swiftvets.com and read through the website there.

Sometimes personal integrity is important.

And I also disagree with many of the current policies, but your views are also a bit extreme on the liberal side. Most Americans are moderates who see both views...

ramlin wrote:I'm a little bit lost here...I am not an American - I'm a Brit living in the holy land with an interest in current affairs. I have for the last day and a half been in an utter state of depression because of Bush's re-election. The US economy is teetering on the brink (Clinton left a budget surplus and now there's a half a trillion deficit), he went to war in Iraq for no valid reason (other than he didn't like Sadam Hussein), has left most of the world hating his/America's guts, will not sign the Kyoto accords, has done nothing for the poor (but hey - Estate Tax will be abolished and taxes on dividends will also be abolished), left the Middle East to fester in death and misery ...the list goes on. The US is a great nation - an example to us all - but the re-election of George W. (with a majority of the popular vote to boot) has left me depressed and wondering that it may just be true - there are turkeys that vote for Christmas.
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:17 pm

ramlin wrote:The US economy is teetering on the brink (Clinton left a budget surplus and now there's a half a trillion deficit),

Technically, the US had a sizable deficit with Clinton, it was just that it was getting smaller.. not larger like with old W. You can thank Reagan and Bush Sr. for most of that deficit anyway.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby ramlin on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:32 pm

HI UALOnePlus,
I went to the site you recommended and it was interesting. However, it still hasn't changed how I feel - the main complaint that all his ex-navy colleagues levelled at Kerry was betrayal - which is understandable given that Kerry later came out so anti-Vietnam - and frankly I would have been anti-vietnam if I would have been around in the 1960's. I don't think I am such an "extreme" liberal (although, I 'd be the first to say my reaction has been extreme). I care about the environment, I believe society should look after those who are weak and need medical care and I think tax cuts that only benefit the rich are not appropriate in times of recession and job losses. It's a pity that the choice was between Bush and Kerry - I can't say I am such a supporter of Kerry (but I think he was the lesser of two evils) - all I am saying is that I am genuinely worried for the world that Bush has been re-elected and I hope to God that somehow he won't be so divisive.
"There was never a time when I did not exist, nor you. Nor will there be any future in which we shall cease to be."
ramlin
CD-RW Thug

Postby UALOneKPlus on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:39 pm

agreed.

ramlin wrote:HI UALOnePlus,
I went to the site you recommended and it was interesting. However, it still hasn't changed how I feel - the main complaint that all his ex-navy colleagues levelled at Kerry was betrayal - which is understandable given that Kerry later came out so anti-Vietnam - and frankly I would have been anti-vietnam if I would have been around in the 1960's. I don't think I am such an "extreme" liberal (although, I 'd be the first to say my reaction has been extreme). I care about the environment, I believe society should look after those who are weak and need medical care and I think tax cuts that only benefit the rich are not appropriate in times of recession and job losses. It's a pity that the choice was between Bush and Kerry - I can't say I am such a supporter of Kerry (but I think he was the lesser of two evils) - all I am saying is that I am genuinely worried for the world that Bush has been re-elected and I hope to God that somehow he won't be so divisive.
"Life is a great big canvas, and you should throw all the paint you can on it."
-Danny Kaye
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:52 pm

ramlin wrote:I am not an American - I'm a Brit living in the holy land

hehe...your English is just a little too good for an average run-of-the-mill Israeli :lol:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby ramlin on Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:57 am

hehe...your English is just a little too good for an average run-of-the-mill Israeli

...well despite 9 years of living here, I just can't get rid of my English accent and get my head around the aleph bet #-o
ramlin
CD-RW Thug

Previous

Return to The Beer Garden