Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Dragon Speak Version 6 Question

Anything else

Dragon Speak Version 6 Question

Postby Kimber on Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:35 pm

I having trouble with Dragon Speak Version 6 and think it could be the microphone but want to make sure before I start investing money to get this to work, it that is even possible.

I am working on a dell laptop 8600 that is less than a year old. My sound device is SigmaTel C-Major Audio, which I have no idea what that mean.

I have trained this software a lot, and if I sit really still and have the office very quiet it gets about ever third word. I have this VXI Parrott Translator headset that come with it that seems very cheap.

What I am trying to find out is if anyone else has actually gotten this software to work? If so, does anyone have any recommendation what I need to get to get this to right? I am thinking a new microphone but hate to put them money into it if this software probably will never work.

Any input would be much appreciated.
Kimberly
Kimber
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:03 pm

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby Han on Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:47 pm

You should definitely get a high quality head set with even better microphone. I've got one of the best Labtec headsets (LVA-8550) and it really works great with Dragon. Some time ago Logitech bought Labtec...
Han
CD-RW PiMP

Postby Kimber on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:19 pm

Han wrote:You should definitely get a high quality head set with even better microphone. I've got one of the best Labtec headsets (LVA-8550) and it really works great with Dragon. Some time ago Logitech bought Labtec...

Thanks, I will check them out
Kimber
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Software Questions