Home News Reviews Forums Shop

nu ddw-081 to 082 with no problem solution:)

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

nu ddw-081 to 082 with no problem solution:)

Postby drf on Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:56 am

guys sit relax
1.just flash your 081 to 082 with b375 firmware which ucan get from nu tech offisial website
2.get nero 6.6.0.3
3.no problem now you just have the world's cheapest +,- both writer
with the cheapest( less than 1$ dvd-r or dvd+r) medias i tried several times no problem just enjoy it::::)))))))
drf
Buffer Underrun

Postby webdokter on Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:02 pm

but will it burn cd's?

I've flashed my nu ddw-081 with firmware b375 and i'm using nero 6.6.0.3 my problem now is it burns dvd's perfectly + haven't tried - dvd's jet but it doesn't burn cd's. :(

I find it a very strange problem but i don't know if it can be helped. I think i'm going to remove the burner and send it in for repair. :(
But then i don't have a burner for a while :cry:

Is there a tool that you can use to test your dvd burner?
webdokter
Buffer Underrun

problem with cd burning? how?

Postby drf on Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:10 pm

i dont know why u can not burn cd-r cause itried with the slowest and lower performance system (p3 500mhz cpu with 128sdram) and with better and best to p4 3.2 ht with 1gb ddr ram so:
i have some idea about your problem first:
1.maybe a system performance problem try lower write speed and give nero lower priority but idont think this is the problem
2.i forgot itsorry maybe this should be first check if u really succeded to flash b375 now u shall ask how shall iunderstand? the tool u look for it is
'dvd info pro' u may download a trial from www.dvd-recordable.org also u can use nero info tool to see your firmware dont ask where shall i find it it is in nero start smart
3.check ide cables and be sure to make nu at least secondary master and do not connect any other devices to the same cable idont mean u have to do this i tried it as a slave or external either master but your motherboard or any other pc parts may have a problem
i have too many solutions in my mind for your prob i dont have much time sorry u can mail me for any other questions ''drf@mynet.com''
at last maybe your writer is really not working cause of an internal mechanic error %0.1 probability but maybe... see you
drf
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ciryadin on Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:18 am

webdokter wrote:but will it burn cd's?

I've flashed my nu ddw-081 with firmware b375 and i'm using nero 6.6.0.3 my problem now is it burns dvd's perfectly + haven't tried - dvd's jet but it doesn't burn cd's. :(

I find it a very strange problem but i don't know if it can be helped. I think i'm going to remove the burner and send it in for repair. :(
But then i don't have a burner for a while :cry:

Is there a tool that you can use to test your dvd burner?

Webdokter,

There's a 60%~ chance that a DDW-081 will succesfully upgrade to a DDW-082 (full dual, normally these are factory sorted).. so if you upgraded with B37(5/7) firmware and you cannot burn DVD-R/RW then your drive has failed to become a succesfull DDW-082.

The option you have left: Flash with BX32 and burn DVD+R/RW only.
-= Looking Into The Abyss, Do You Feel Torture Or Bliss=-

NU-Europe
Field Application Engineer
Ciryadin
CD-RW Player

Return to DVD Writers