Home News Reviews Forums Shop

How Can I Capture Movies From DVR- Edit On PC Software?

Video editing, capturing, converting, etc.

How Can I Capture Movies From DVR- Edit On PC Software?

Postby rckowal on Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:19 pm

I'm looking for the preferred method/software for capturing a movie from TV onto DVD (+R/RW or -R/RW) using an STB DVR; then loading it to the hard drive on my PC. Using the PC, I want to edit it to clean up any unwanted scenes, commercials, etc.; add an opening title; then burn that compilation to DVD +R.

I am quite familiar with using DVD Shrink to edit & burn movies when backing them up from commercial DVD's. However, that software doesn't seem to work for movies that I capture from the TV. Maybe I'm missing some thing.

Some assistance will be much appreciated.
Best regards
rckowal
Buffer Underrun

How about

Postby shaun on Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:07 am

While there are a lot more powerful (and complicated) proggies out there, for what you want to do Ulead's DVD Movie Factory 3 should do the job :)

My wife (computer technoklutz) used it to edit the Christmas concert footage of our daughter into a nice present for the grandparents.
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy"
shaun
CD-RW PiMP

Postby rckowal on Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:31 am

Hi Shaun, Thanks for the idea.

I started to look into that software but was a bit dismayed by some of the negative comments that I saw in reviews. Regardless of the merits of almost any software, it seems that there are people who prefer to gripe about its downside (or failure to use it properly).

I think I'll go back & look again. The best way to evaluate it will be to try the 30 day free trial to test it for myself.
Best regards
rckowal
Buffer Underrun

Return to Video Editing