Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Elektra Movie

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Elektra Movie

Postby Ian on Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:43 pm

Against my wife's better judgement we saw Elektra tonite. I've never been a big Elektra fan, but I was expecting to see some good fight scenes. There were a few but far between.

I have to admit I was a little confused by all the warriors and their powers. They gave no back story to how they got them. If I hadn't seen Dare Devil, I wouldn't have had any idea of how Elektra died or know about her past (little that they said in DD). And wtf is up with the green smoke and lights when the bad guys died?

The highlight of the night was seeing the Fantatic Four trailer. Mark July 4th on your calendars. It looks like its going to be the movie to see.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Justin42 on Sun Jan 16, 2005 12:19 am

[MINOR spoilers]

Yeah, the movie was a million times better than Daredevil (not saying much), but the lack of backstory and explanation made no sense. It was such a short movie (97 minutes), 10 more minutes that clarified what the big deal was about the [specific character and her weapon that was NEVER mentioned by anyone in the movie], the demons, etc, would have made it a MUCH better movie.

I am hoping maybe they do an extended DVD release. They were trying to make a super stylized, dark, intense movie that still had a lot of psychological drama... they came close but missed in some really critical ways.

Oh well...
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden