Home News Reviews Forums Shop

converting vhs to dvd (mpeg-2)

Video editing, capturing, converting, etc.

converting vhs to dvd (mpeg-2)

Postby jalicea77 on Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:13 am

I recently purchased a pci video capture card which came with power producer 2 gold software. I've been able to convert vhs to dvd fine but I'm not getting any sound. When the vhs movie is playing on the small screen while recording w/ power producer the sound is fine but when I burn it to a dvdr there is no sound. Does any one have any suggestions? Thanks.
jalicea77
Buffer Underrun

Re: converting vhs to dvd (mpeg-2)

Postby redk9258 on Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:37 am

jalicea77 wrote:I recently purchased a pci video capture card which came with power producer 2 gold software. I've been able to convert vhs to dvd fine but I'm not getting any sound. When the vhs movie is playing on the small screen while recording w/ power producer the sound is fine but when I burn it to a dvdr there is no sound. Does any one have any suggestions? Thanks.

Open the sound mixer (either double click the speaker in the tray or Start > All Programs > Accessories > Entertainment > Volume Control). Goto options > properties > select recording. Check your settings there.
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Postby jalicea77 on Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:27 pm

Ok, I checked my recording controls and mic, line in, and cd player were checked....the volume was up on all of the categories. For the mix device, it came up as via AC'97 Audio (Wave). Are there any other categories that I should be looking for? I noticed they had a video category and I checked that one as well and the volume was also up in that category. Thanks.
jalicea77
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:54 pm

Only select Line-In as the source in Power Producer and Windows Volume Control.
Also play the DVD on your PC to see if the problem is your standalone.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby jalicea77 on Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:37 pm

I selected line in as the only source in the volume control and I still had the same issue of no sound.....I also played the dvdr on my pc w/ powerdvd and it wasn't any sound using that also, so I don't think that it is my standalone. Any other suggestions?
jalicea77
Buffer Underrun

Return to Video Editing