Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Which versoin should I install on a clean system?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Which versoin should I install on a clean system?

Postby frankhad on Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:08 am

Hello,

I am a licensed user of Nero 6 Ultra Edition. Over the past few days I've completely reformatted my hard drive and re-installed a fresh version of Windows XP - SP2. Now I'm beginning to reinstall all of my previous software which brings me to the installation of Nero and questions regarding that installation.

Since my system is completely free of any CD/DVD burning software (including Nero) I'm wondering which sequence of Nero installations would be best.

Should I install first the original version I purchased (6.00.2.3) and then upgrade to 6.6.0.6?

Or, can I simply begin with the installation of 6.6.0.6 without installing any prior versions?

Since there seems to be some reported conflicts and possible stability issues with this latest upgrade, might it be best to first install an earlier verison such as 6.3.1.25?

Thank you for your help.

frankhad
frankhad
Buffer Underrun

Postby ruderacer on Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:21 am

Now keep in mind that I'm no expert, but I would install the latest version from the get go. A few days I installed 6.0.0.6 from scratch. I had version 6.0.0.3 and I used the clean tool to remove all prior stuff and installed 6.0.0.6. I installed 6.0.0.6, NeroMix, and NeroVision Express 3. So far, I have not experienced any problems. Good luck with the install.

RR
"It's the voyage that counts, not the totality of life".

Every Saint has a Past! Every Sinner has a Future!
ruderacer
CD-RW Player

Go for it

Postby shaun on Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:15 am

Like ruderacer says...always go with the clean install :).....there is no benefit to upgrading over top of the version that you have...only possible headaches.
"Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy"
shaun
CD-RW PiMP

Postby hoxlund on Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:02 pm

full clean install of 6.6.0.6 and then install the plugin packages if you need to
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby frankhad on Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:00 pm

Thank you all for your quick response. I'm going to give 6.6.0.6 a try. It makes the most sense since Nero Customer Support often suggests using the removal tool to remove prior versions when there are issues and conflicts.

frankhad
frankhad
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)