Home News Reviews Forums Shop

help w/ dvd shrink 3.2

Anything else

help w/ dvd shrink 3.2

Postby jalicea77 on Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:27 am

As I'm sure everyone knows, certain movies cannot be decrypted using dvd shrink 3.2 and dvd decrypter is an option in those cases. My question is once decrypter unprotects the movie and the file is opened w/ dvd shrink and compressed is their a way to immediately burn the movie or do I have to go through the whole encoding process all over again using dvd shrink? Thanks.
jalicea77
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:29 pm

If you want to burn after compressing select DVDDecrypter or Nero(if you have it installed and enabled in Preferences):

If you want to make more than one copy then select "ISO Image File" and use DVDDecrypter(use the .MDS file)."Hard Disk Folder" is for editing or burning with Nero,etc.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:31 pm

what's the difference between 'ISO image file' and 'ISO image file and burn with DVD Decrypter' ?

do i have to use the 'ISO image file and burn with DVD Decrypter' option if i want to burn the image with decrypter? can't decrypter burn a 'regular' ISO file?

wha't the difference between using this option and burning with decrypter vs. ISO image file and burning it with Nero ?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby burninfool on Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:47 pm

No differance really it just saves a step,either way DVDShrink saves a copy.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby hoxlund on Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:21 am

yeah it saves a step, if you select make iso and burn with dvd decrypter, after the rip is complete with dvdshrink it will open up dvd decrypter and start the burn automatically without user intervention

given that theres is a blank dvd in the selected drive
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby jalicea77 on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:01 am

Maybe I could of worded my question better. If I unprotect/decrypt a movie using dvd decrypter but the decrypted dvd file is too large to burn to a 4.7gb dvdr....I would then open up the file w/ dvd shrink to compress it to fit on a 4.7gb dvdr. When you select backup and the target device is "burn w/ nero" do I have to go through the encoding process all over again since dvd decrypter already unprotected the movie? It's like the movie is being decrypted twice. Did this make more sense to what my issue is? Thanks.
jalicea77
Buffer Underrun

Postby margrave on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:08 am

You seem to be confusing decryption with compression. Decryption just removes the copy protection. Compression actually makes the movie files smaller so they will fit on a single DVD disc. If the movie files are decrypted by DVD Decrypter then DVD Shrink does not have to decrypt them again, it just compresses them... 8)
margrave
Buffer Underrun

Postby hoxlund on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:36 am

good answer margrave

how about you just do everything with dvdshrink, skip dvd decrypter?

save a step and about 10-15 minutes
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby jalicea77 on Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:28 am

I understand that dvd decrypter only removes the copyright protection but when using dvd shrink and I hit the backup button and the little box comes up that says "encoding"...that means the copyright protection is being removed, correct? My understanding was as soon as you open the file and it goes through the analyzing stage (which normally takes about 1-2 mins.) I thought the file was compressed after that. Is this incorrect? I normally do everything through dvd shrink but as I stated in the first thread their are a few rare cases where dvd shrink won't remove the copyright protection...for example, dvd shrink didn't remove the protection for the grudge and the forgotten. Sorry guys, thanks for your patience. :)
jalicea77
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:58 pm

Analysing is NOT the same as compressing(transcoding),DVDShrink analyses the video to see what can be eliminated.
I recommend using Deep Analysis if you are compressing >20%.
If the DVD is DVD-5(<4.7GB) you can just use DVDDecrypter to rip and write,if the DVD is DVD-9(>4.7GB) and you have a DL writer with DL media just use DVDDecrypter.
BTW...DVDShrink also removes CSS encryption and Macrovision.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions