Home News Reviews Forums Shop

What's a reasonable video editing software for beginners?

Video editing, capturing, converting, etc.

What's a reasonable video editing software for beginners?

Postby btiger on Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:15 am

I tried using NeroVison Express 3 (that came with my burner), to cut out 200MB out of a 850MB mpeg file and Nero is telling me tha's too big of a cut and the rest of the mpeg file can not be used. (e.g. let's says the complete 850MB original mpeg file is 1(beginning of file) to 10(end of file), and I want to cut out a section between 6 to 8, so my end result is 1,2,3,4,5,9,10)

I'll appreciate it very much if you could point me to the right directions (ps, I will mostly need the software just to cut out part of some unwanted scenes from downloaded video files in .avi/.mpeg for example imax.avi/imax2.mpeg) and NOT doing anything fancy such as video cam...etc. Thanks.
btiger
CD-RW Thug

Postby btiger on Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:09 pm

Ok, found the solutions to my own questions. Well, in my above situation, Nero would not let me cut out (Delete) 6-8 (or maybe Nero is not designed to work that way), anyway I tried to cut out 1 to 5 and 9 to 10 and pasted both sections and wah la.....I got what I wanted, I guess "Cut" doesn't = "Delete", I am beginneing to like NeroVision Express 3 and I can see why 29% of the people here use it! :lol:
btiger
CD-RW Thug

Postby jadedlady on Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:04 am

I know the original poster already found his solution, but I thought I would throw my two cents in in case it is helpful to anyone else. I have been using the demo of Blaze Media Pro from Mystik Media, and it seems to work incredibly well for what I need. Now, I know it is not an application like Premiere Pro, Audition, or Encore, etc. However, it seems to do what I need (save the audio from video files, delete parts of video files, save out parts, etc.) extremely well. Add to that all the other features in the program (audio editing, audio and video conversions, audio and video CD burning, video capture, copying audio CDs, etc.), it seems like a very good value at only $50. I really like the other features too; they are amazing. It is jam packed with features. Even if you already have a video editor, I recommend you check it out.[/url]
jadedlady
Buffer Underrun

Postby Jim on Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:51 am

Adobe Premiere Elements is easy to use and relatively cheap.
Jim
CD-RW Player

Postby nukacola on Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:52 am

have you tried presentavid by a chance??? :-^
nukacola
Buffer Underrun

Postby TheWizard on Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:33 am

Windows Movie Maker, baby!

No, seriously, Windows Movie Maker.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player