Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Never got serial number for Lame Encoder...

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Never got serial number for Lame Encoder...

Postby UMD_Maxima on Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:05 am

I recently purchased the retail version of Nero Ultra and sent in my registration for the Lame mp3 encoder using the form on Nero's website. However, it has been 2 weeks and I have not recieved a response back from Nero with the serial number for the encoder. Am I missing anything else that I need to do? I followed the instructions on Nero's web page...

http://nero.com/us/How_do_I_register_fr ... coder.html

Thanks!
UMD_Maxima
Buffer Underrun

Postby burninfool on Sat Mar 05, 2005 12:56 pm

TRY THIS

Another good freeware ripper is CDex.
burninfool
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:34 am

Normally you should have received a response that same day, or the very next day at the most.

Do you have a Verizon account? We have found that for some reason Verizon is blocking Emails from Nero as if they were spam.

You should send an EMail to techsupport@nero.com to get this issue resolved. We are currently at a 1 day response time in our Support Emails.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby UMD_Maxima on Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:21 am

CCampbell wrote:Normally you should have received a response that same day, or the very next day at the most.

Do you have a Verizon account? We have found that for some reason Verizon is blocking Emails from Nero as if they were spam.

You should send an EMail to techsupport@nero.com to get this issue resolved. We are currently at a 1 day response time in our Support Emails.

Regards,

Craig

thanks Craig... I'll be sure to email tech support later on today. :) I have a comcast email account.
UMD_Maxima
Buffer Underrun

Postby UMD_Maxima on Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:55 am

Received the serial number within 6 hours of sending out the mail... thank for the help! :D
UMD_Maxima
Buffer Underrun

Support at Nero

Postby Rich on Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:30 pm

Hi Craig,

2 Days ago I sent this to the tech support:

Hi
I have purchased the license for nero from the Ahead
website.

My name is Rich
My Serial number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. How do I get the lame encoder
2. Can you send me the serial number and instructions
for installing it.

----

They responded 48 hrs later with a link to a page that for getting it and registering it simply said to see the 'how-to-guide'.

So I searched the nero site for 'how-to-guide' and the single hit pointed back to the page that guy's link sent me to.

I used the link here in this topic and it says to go into Nero Express and when I follow those instructions there is no powerpack thing there as an option. I just downloaded all 6 update files and installed them too.

I emailed Tech Support back asking for a link to the 'how-to-guide' and I just think that 2 things just happened badly.

1. The link to that how-to-guide should have been on the page that guy sent me to.

2. He should have sent me that link instead of the one he sent.

I'll let you know how it goes.

I don't know where to get 'the' power either. Perhaps that is an installation and after that the option shown on the link in this topic will yeild success.

These links should be present on the Nero site. Their absence is the cause of the confusion.

Rich
For Me to POOP-ON!

Burning-burning-burning Rawhide!
Rich
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:25 am

Hi Rich,

The MP3Lame Encoder is only available to Retail Bundles.

And they way it should work is that when you go to select the MP3Lame Encoder option, when attempting to Encode or Extract audio to MP3Lame format, a pop-up message window should come up asking you to Register your Nero 6 Serial key. The pop up window will say your serial key will be transfered automatically, and no other data is needed. You would simply click on the 'Register Now' link in the pop up window, and it will take you to the below link where you type in your information. The serial key is automatically entered in for you. Once you send the information that same day or the next you get an Email with an MP3 Lame Serial key. You would just go to the Nero StartSmart->Nero Product Center and click on the 'Enter New' button and enter the MP3 Lame Serial key you were provided. And this would unlock the feature for you. (Be sure to write this number down in a secure location in case you ever need to reinstall and reenter the serial key.)

http://www.nero.com/us/mp3_registration.php?

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Rich on Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:34 am

CCampbell wrote:Hi Rich,

The MP3Lame Encoder is only available to Retail Bundles.

And they way it should work is that when you go to select the MP3Lame Encoder option, when attempting to Encode or Extract audio to MP3Lame format, a pop-up message window should come up asking you to Register your Nero 6 Serial key. The pop up window will say your serial key will be transfered automatically, and no other data is needed. You would simply click on the 'Register Now' link in the pop up window, and it will take you to the below link where you type in your information. The serial key is automatically entered in for you. Once you send the information that same day or the next you get an Email with an MP3 Lame Serial key. You would just go to the Nero StartSmart->Nero Product Center and click on the 'Enter New' button and enter the MP3 Lame Serial key you were provided. And this would unlock the feature for you. (Be sure to write this number down in a secure location in case you ever need to reinstall and reenter the serial key.)

http://www.nero.com/us/mp3_registration.php?

Regards,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for the reply!

At page:
http://nero.com/us/FAQs_Power_Pack.html

I clipped:

1. Who is qualified for the Nero PowerPack?

Everyone who has bought the Nero 6 Ultra Edition serial number or retail box is qualified for the Nero PowerPack.

...which I did purchased the Nero 6 Ultra Edition Serial number.

I downloaded the latest (all 6) updates and installed them using the update and it automatically used my serial number.

I then again followed the exact instructions given on page:
http://nero.com/us/How_do_I_register_fr ... coder.html

1. Install the Nero PowerPack (instruction can be found here )

I don't do 1 since I went to the main download updates page and got and installed all 6.

2. Open Nero Express and click on the "More" Button
3. Click on the "Save Tracks" Button

I do 2 and 3 and when I get to 4...

4. Select the Output file format: "PowerPack Lame MP3 Encoder"

the option "PowerPack Lame MP3 Encoder" is not present.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks again Craig,

Rich
For Me to POOP-ON!

Rich
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:43 am

Send me an Email with your Nero 6 serial key at techsupport4@nero.com. You are doing nothing wrong, but it would appear that our software is not recogizing your serial key as being 'qualified' for the MP3Lame Encoder.

To be honest, all you should need to do is download and install our Package 1 download and the install with your Nero 6 serial key, and the 'Power Pack' is installed automatically. YOu should then have the MP3Lame Encoder option.

Regards

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby Rich on Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:19 am

Thanks again Craig,

Your most helpful.

The email is on the way,

Rich
For Me to POOP-ON!

Rich
CD-RW Player

Postby Rich on Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:48 pm

I just got the serial number for the power pack and put it into Nero Burning Rom and bingo it all works great.

Thanks Craig!

Have a great day,

Rich
For Me to POOP-ON!

Rich
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)