Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Liteon 40x12x48 detection

Burn baby burn!

Liteon 40x12x48 detection

Postby RIP on Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:30 pm

Can somebody please help me. My problem is my computer is sometimes unstable. Sometimes it restarts and sometimes it hangs. One time I tried to burn but when I started to choose the data files to burn it hang. Then I restarted then its ok and able to burn. One time when I started the computer the screen logo is small and some games are small in diameter not full screen. I tried to isolate each component then I noticed that the Liteon cdrw drive took a longer time to be detected during booting but without it its a breeze. Could it be the cause? I also noticed that the 12 volt rail of the power supply is 12.83. Is it too high?
RIP
Buffer Underrun

Postby Oleg on Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:51 pm

This means some hardware Is bad could be CDRW drive.
Oleg
Buffer Underrun

Postby RIP on Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:38 am

What hardware can it be? Is it the power supply, having 12.83v on the 12v rail? Is it too high that the CDRW drive went nuts?

I removed the drive and so far, no hangs. Luckily, I didn't erased my previous windows installation. The last windows installation (on a separate drive) was somewhat unstable. Probably because I used the drive in installing.
RIP
Buffer Underrun

Postby Oleg on Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:07 pm

RIP wrote:What hardware can it be? Is it the power supply, having 12.83v on the 12v rail? Is it too high that the CDRW drive went nuts?

I removed the drive and so far, no hangs. Luckily, I didn't erased my previous windows installation. The last windows installation (on a separate drive) was somewhat unstable. Probably because I used the drive in installing.

Could be hard drive If you removed it and everything works you got bad hard drive than.
Oleg
Buffer Underrun

Postby bill on Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:02 pm

I don't think you posted enough information. If you don't mind me asking

1-Is this a new computer that you built?
2-Was the computer stable and able to write cd's in the past?
3-Did you install a new hard drive?
4-Did you install any other hardware just prior to having problems?
5-Does the computer reboot before Windows loads?
6- Do you get any error messages from Windows?
7-Does the computer reboot when your doing a specific task?
8-You mentioned the hard drive and cdrw, do you have any other drives installed?
9-Did you make any changes to the bios just prior to having problems?

12.83 volts is about 7% high....most folks would like to see 5% or less. How did you find the voltage?
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives