Home News Reviews Forums Shop

An Amazing 1st Date

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

An Amazing 1st Date

Postby MonteLDS on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:34 pm

So this girl Kristin is a friend of my little sister. So I end up meeting her when I am taking my sister friends out to dinner for helping move her into her new place. She was very pretty; I told her I loved her Ear rings. We talked very little that day.
So I see her handful more time, I think two or three times, and we talk a little but nothing really super.
I had told my sister that I liked her, and wanted to see her more at these things so I could end up asking her out.

My sister tells me that she is most likely not going to see these friends anymore now that she has moved a full 15 miles from where she was living and good luck with trying to met Kristin

So 2 weeks go by and I don't see her, and then my sister tells me she is going be at the dance tonight, and that she was wondering if I could make Kristin and some of these other friends a CD for her. So I was excited to go to the dance. I saw her, and had a slow song with her. We had an ok talk. I felt as though I was asking all the question, she didn’t really say anything, or ask about me.

I told myself, after the dance when I give her the CD I will ask her out. Well the dance was going to an end and she was talking to this good looking guy when I last saw her. My sister wanted to go home right away instead of going out with these girls I had made the CD for. So I say to myself, well I guess it wasn't meant to be. And she will get her CD some other way.

I have given 2 of girl the CD in person, but never saw Kristin. I told my sister on the way home, how about you call her and ask her if I can talk to her. She agrees, and I get to talk to her. I told her I would leave her CD for her at the girls house that she carpool with (this house is 2 miles from mine). And then said, I would like to take you out. How do you feel about food? At a really nice restaurant, my favorite restaurant; Patrick David’s in Danville, California! She tells me sure, I just don't know when I am working next week, let me get back to you. You can get my number from Dawnette.

So on Sunday I text msg her and asked when would be good for her. She replied with Monday would be good. She had that evening off. I was thinking. OK tomorrow. I agreed, and she asked what to wear for this nice restaurant. I told her in a text to dress nice, but warm. She replied with, 'Oh so I don't need to wear a gown or anything, just a nice skirt' I replied with 'if you wear a gown I will wear my tux!' She said, 'if it is nice enough place lets do it!'

Patrick David’s is a nice place, but I am not sure it is a Black Tie affair kind of place. Very few things are. But I figure, hey it would be fun to be dressed up!

So my sister and I go over to Kristin friend’s house to drop off the prom dress my sister had. Kristin seems a tad nervous about wearing a fancy dress out. I told her I promise her that she would have fun! And that if she didn't I would give her a thousand dollars. Were upon her friend said 'you better make sure you have a horrible time!' :)

So it is a Monday nite, and NOTHING is happening on Monday near Danville, no plays, no musical performances, no comedy clubs. I felt like maybe this date was going blow. I finally came up with some plans for after dinner, I got my car all clean up, and I bought her a Corsage and myself a Boutonniere. White flowers with purple ribbon. I also got her a balloon with a little note that said "I am here to pick you up!" and a small set of purple flowers.

I went to pick her up at 6:30 to make it for dinner at 7pm. She looked breathe taking. I placed the Corsage on her, and she put on my Boutonniere. We then got in the car and took off for dinner.

On the way there we had some very good conversation. No moments of silence, just good constant conversation. I said some smooth lines; lines of which I never seem to be able to recall when I am in the moment. I said; 'back in the old days, purple was only warn by royalty, and tonight is no exception! You will truly be treated like the princess you are, and if I am in anyway not treating you like a princess, please give me a glair or a naug, and I will joyfully correct myself. I really enjoyed the ride with her to dinner. I asked her if she wanted to know what we were doing or if she like me to surprise her. She had the most beautiful smile as she said 'I think tonight I would like surprises!' I smiled back and was really thrilled to hear that.

We arrive to Patrick David’s on time and get a booth. The food was GREAT. We started off dinner with a prayer together. A blessing both on the food and on our evening. I had her say it, and she later told me she was very impressed that I would want to say a prayer together before a date. We had wonderful conversation about our beliefs (we are both LDS) and about life in general. The food was excellent and the conversation was insightful and funny.

After dinner we went up to the Blackhawk Plaza; an upscale shopping center that never really made it. We talked and walked around the fountains, and looked in at the car museum that was there, and even spoke about going there sometime together. She talked about how she enjoyed the elegance of the night so far, and how it was truly a wonderful evening so far.

We walked back to my car after 20 mins of being in Blackhawk plaza and went down to my friend’s house real fast so I could use the restroom. He has a brand new BMW 545i that we all went for a short ride in. We drove around the really expensive neighborhood of Diablo. A place where homes cost 2 million plus! So after 20 mins with my buddy, she and I took off to an office that I do computer work for. In the parking lot, I put down my top and told her 'Since we all dressed up, I can't imagine not dancing!' I had pre-selected 3 songs to dance with her in this parking lot. We had a great conversation, and she told me that I had done everything right. She then added that this had been the best date she had ever been on.

After our dance, we went into the office where we watched a Simpson’s episode while we played a game call Othello. A game I have only played online. It was real fun and we both one once in our two games.

It was 11:15pm and I thought it was time to call it a night. I drove her home Took a quick picture of us together all dressed up, and walked her to the door. At the end of the date I shake hands, and said goodnight. I liked that we shake hands instead of a hug, or even a kiss. It was a perfect way to end the evening.

http://66.236.51.227/date/k&j.jpg
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:27 pm

Damn.. what ever happened to a movie and pizza on the first date?

Monte, I'm very happy for you. It sounds like you guys had a great time. Just take it slow and enjoy things. Let Kristin like you and appreciate you for... well you.. not what you do for her.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:27 pm

Hrm... a little over the top for my own tastes, but it sounds like you both had fun.

Keep it up Monte, she sounds like a winner :)
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:08 pm

Congrats!

So much for Jenn.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:11 am

ya, I plan to take things slow. Despite that she did have fun, we cannot assume that she is all of sudden she is thrilled and wants to date me more. I plan to ask her out again, just not sure when. In my mind it would be next wednesday. That is when the car place is open, and we could hike and have a picnic
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:23 am

Take her to the car place and for pizza or something. Hiking, fancy restaurants.. those are great every once and awhile.. but not every date. Listen to us old married guys.. we know. :wink:
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Alejandra on Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:54 pm

So itallian restaurant come on which date, third or fifth? :wink:
Ciao,
macgirl.

Tired of hackintoshes and went with the real deal.
Alejandra
CD-RW Player

Postby ruderacer on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:59 pm

Congrats Monte!

See, one is never too young, too old, or too married to plan such an evening.

Cheers!
"It's the voyage that counts, not the totality of life".

Every Saint has a Past! Every Sinner has a Future!
ruderacer
CD-RW Player

Postby hoxlund on Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:53 am

im sorry monte, nothing personal but i busted out laughing when i read the handshake part
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby oslik3 on Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:46 pm

hoxlund wrote:im sorry monte, nothing personal but i busted out laughing when i read the handshake part

there is nothing wrong with that !
:lol: :oops:
Last edited by oslik3 on Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
oslik3
CD-RW Thug

Postby JamieW on Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:29 pm

AHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA.

If I went through all that, there better be more than one woman, midgets slinging cool whip, at least three machines, and some form of rope swing/pulley system involved. I can go downstairs and get a handshake and a date in 10 minutes.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby VEFF on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:28 pm

Good for you Monte!
Glad you had a great time!!
Just be yourself and don't force anything, just let nature take its own course.
Congratulations on being so romantic and taking a chance by going after what you want, even if it seemed (key word) she might not be interested.
Burners only:
Pioneer DVR-115D
Pioneer DVR-111D
Plextor PX-716A TLA0304
Plextor PX-716A same TLA

LiteOn 52246S 52X CD-RW
LiteOn 52246S (another)
LiteOn 52327S 52X CD-RW
TDK 40X USB 2.0 CD-RW
TEAC CD-W540E 40X CD-RW
VEFF
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Sun May 01, 2005 6:04 pm

we have a 2nd date plan for this Thursday. A 2pm to midnight date. So who knows..

On a side note; Jennifer called and she is thinking about what I told her, if she wants to date me again she has 3 months of dating that we can do. She seem to really miss me, so who knows if their something there. I know I am not tripping about what happens there.
If it happens, it happens, if not, no problem.

I have learn to except the things that you cannot change

we are going here on our date
http://love.zinzanni.org/index.html
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sun May 01, 2005 7:51 pm

MonteLDS wrote:On a side note; Jennifer called and she is thinking about what I told her, if she wants to date me again she has 3 months of dating that we can do. She seem to really miss me, so who knows if their something there.

No, she misses the way you treat her. Don't let her drag you down. Kick her to the curb and move on.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CowboySlim on Sun May 01, 2005 9:36 pm

That's right! And then scrape the bottom of your shoe on the grass as if you were getting off the ......................................
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby MonteLDS on Mon May 02, 2005 10:55 am

OK some bad news :)

Kristin now has a boyfriend. And it isn't me. She hooked up with this guy sometime after I asked her out on the second date.
It all happen so fast.. So the end with that.

But I guess that just makes my focus back to where it always has been.

*hides from the stones that are being thrown at me*
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon May 02, 2005 11:11 am

Have some self respect and don't settle for Jen.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby LoneWolf on Mon May 02, 2005 11:28 am

Ian wrote:Have some self respect and don't settle for Jen.

Can I get an AMEN?

Settling is bad. And dating a girl who is complacent (okay with dating you, but hey, she could date you or not) is bad too. You've got a long time ahead of you; wait for someone who is excited about being with you. I'll be 32 this August (brave to admit, yes I know) and I'll be married for a year in June. I got to a point where I wasn't willing to compromise on lukewarm relationships, and that ended up helping me find someone who values me for who I really am. Monte, I think Jen is okay with you...but that's about it. I think she's a lukewarm relationship. You can do better, if you're willing to wait a little. I didn't ever think it'd happen for me. I was wrong.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Mon May 02, 2005 2:27 pm

OK, Monte, here is the real deal: Two down and plenty more to go - just stay out of the singles' bars.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon May 02, 2005 2:29 pm

CowboySlim wrote:OK, Monte, here is the real deal: Two down and plenty more to go - just stay out of the singles' bars.

I don't think that's a problem.. he is a Mormon. :P
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby MonteLDS on Mon May 02, 2005 8:06 pm

i am not settling for Jennifer. I really care about her. I want to be with her. We have a great relationship. But i am just going let time tell.

I do like Kristin, and it bugs me that I do. But who knows maybe nothing will come out from both Jennifer & I and Kristin & her boyfriend. We spoke about that if it wasn't for this guy that we would date again.

I am really picky on girls I date. Both Kristin & Jennifer has the religous side to them that I really want in someone I date. A lot of girls I met don't.
MonteLDS
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon May 02, 2005 8:51 pm

MonteLDS wrote:i am not settling for Jennifer. I really care about her. I want to be with her. We have a great relationship. But i am just going let time tell.

Great relationship? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was one thing she wasn't ready for.

Monte, Jenn might be a great girl, but it sounds like she isn't ready to get serious with you.. or anyone else right now. She might come around some day, but don't sit around waiting. As someone else said, there are a lot of other fish in the sea.

Keep trying. You'll find one that's right for you. It's just not Jennifer.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CowboySlim on Tue May 03, 2005 12:49 am

I don't think that's a problem.. he is a Mormon.

Yes, of that I am aware. However, Monte can't let go of Jenn inspite of all our advice. So I thought that I would give him some that he would follow. :roll:

Any, back to Jenn, as we've all said before, if she isn't sure about Monte by now, she never will. It doesn't take 3 dozen dates to figure it out. If you aren't sure by the sixth date, it isn't.

So ask yourself this, Monte: "How many dates did it take for you be sure that you wanted Jenn forever?" I would guess about 2 or 3 and you were in love head over heels.

I'm not happy about the way that I see things, for your sake. I wish you had found your life's soulmate by now as you are ready for one. But it will happen. Just keep going (and no singles' bars, now hear).

Slim
Over and out.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby JamieW on Tue May 03, 2005 10:06 am

I'm serious when I'm asking why do you actually invest time trying to advise him on this? In spite of some stellar information and an incredible beating from reality on several points, Monte absolutely refuses to accept reality. He can't be taught, he thinks he is too smart to learn from any one. Sometimes you just need to let some go into the vast world of self-imposed ignorance because nothing you can do will change that.
A man has been charged after allegedly punching a 73-year-old woman in the face, breaking her nose and stabbing her in the arm with a corkscrew before hitting a second woman with a bottle at a wedding reception in the Whitsunday Islands.
JamieW
Chicken Farmer

Postby LoneWolf on Tue May 03, 2005 10:11 am

MonteLDS wrote:I am really picky on girls I date. Both Kristin & Jennifer has the religous side to them that I really want in someone I date. A lot of girls I met don't.

While I am not Mormon (I'm Protestant Christian myself) I cannot say enough how important this is. If your faith is important to you, make sure it's important to the person you date/get married to. With that, the glue of the relationship is stronger. Without it, your faith in your own beliefs will be weaker. When I dated, someone who said they were "spiritual but not religious" or "believed in God but didn't see the need for church" was not enough for me. It shouldn't be enough for you either, and on that one, I'm proud of you Monte.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to The Beer Garden