Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Verbatim +R DL Sale at NCIX...$6.88

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Verbatim +R DL Sale at NCIX...$6.88

Postby jberry on Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:26 pm

Not a bad deal...I ordered 6....

these are nice...tried the Memorex ones from Futureshop....not nearly as good.

NCIX is good here in Canada...grab some of these

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php? ... omoid=1047

reg price is $9.98

prices Canadian
jberry
CD-RW Player

Postby jberry on Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:26 pm

sorry...posted in wrong forum...thanks for moving here
jberry
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:13 pm

This price is very expensive for single disk, just last week the same brand was on sale in Compusa for $8.99 for pack of 3.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:45 pm

TCAS wrote:This price is very expensive for single disk, just last week the same brand was on sale in Compusa for $8.99 for pack of 3.

Was there a rebate involved? I *VERY* much doubt it was a 3pk of the same product. US prices are usually a little higher on blank media, or about the same.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:14 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:
TCAS wrote:This price is very expensive for single disk, just last week the same brand was on sale in Compusa for $8.99 for pack of 3.

Was there a rebate involved? I *VERY* much doubt it was a 3pk of the same product. US prices are usually a little higher on blank media, or about the same.

You can verify it at the following link. As you can see the price for pack of 3 was even cheaper ($7.99 rather than $8.99).

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=19964
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:07 pm

Thanks for the link, Jberry. I just noticed NCIX ships to the USA so I might give them a try. I'm going to try burning this 3-pack of Memorex DL that I have first. :o I haven't scanned them yet, curius if their Philips or Ritek.

TCAS, I think that CompUSA deal was for Memorex. With any luck the prices will fall for the DL media as production picks up.
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:21 pm

BigMonkey wrote:Thanks for the link, Jberry. I just noticed NCIX ships to the USA so I might give them a try. I'm going to try burning this 3-pack of Memorex DL that I have first. :o I haven't scanned them yet, curius if their Philips or Ritek.

TCAS, I think that CompUSA deal was for Memorex. With any luck the prices will fall for the DL media as production picks up.

That makes more sense... Memorex can do things like that, but Verbatim's are still more expensive then to be sold at a price like that.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby jberry on Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:23 pm

best I saw in Canada for 3 was at staples....3 for $29.99 CANADIAN...$9.99 each...price is SLOWLY falling
jberry
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:50 pm

BigMonkey wrote:Thanks for the link, Jberry. I just noticed NCIX ships to the USA so I might give them a try. I'm going to try burning this 3-pack of Memorex DL that I have first. :o I haven't scanned them yet, curius if their Philips or Ritek.

Yes but the way I read the advertisement from NCIX look like the quoted price is only for one (1) disk not Thre (3). May be I am wrong, plus the concensus is that D/L disk from Memorex are better disk.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby code65536 on Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:13 pm

TCAS wrote:May be I am wrong, plus the concensus is that D/L disk from Memorex are better disk.

Methinks you might want to reverse that statement. ;)
code65536
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:47 pm

TCAS wrote:
Yes but the way I read the advertisement from NCIX look like the quoted price is only for one (1) disk not Thre (3).

I think the only one who was unclear on this issue was yourself.

TCAS wrote:May be I am wrong, plus the concensus is that D/L disk from Memorex are better disk.

Again, I think the only one who thinks that is you. Honestly, where did you hear that? It's completely 100% no question about it, wrong.

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby TCAS on Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:03 am

Since you have mind set that you and only you know it all I rest my case.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:05 am

TCAS wrote:Since you have mind set that you and only you know it all I rest my case.

Well, let's just forget completely what the reviews on dual layer drives from this and other sites have said. and look at just the rough consumer opinion of these discs:

Memorex Dual Layer Media (Courtesy of VideoHelp.com)
Verbatim Dual Layer Media (Courtesy of VideoHelp.com)

Again, I'd like to know where you got the idea that Memorex was in any way better? you said:
plus the concensus is that D/L disk from Memorex are better disk

So I'm VERY curious as to which consensus you are referring to?

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby jpuntel on Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:46 pm

The opinions on DL+R are without question in favor of Verbatim. I did see that two weeks ago Compusa did have Verbatim DL+R 3pk on sale for $11.99.
jpuntel
CD-RW Thug

Return to Hot Deals